• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Its been 10 years... its time to go back (PTR)

MHWeaver913

The Sorcerer's Apprentice
When: March 11-20, 2010
Where: Disney's Pop Century Resort (The Finished Half)
pop.jpg

The Cast

Me! (Also known as "Mark" and I'm 25)
011.jpg

My loving wife and our 5 year old son
009.jpg

A Brief History​

The last time I was at Disney World, I was 16, Epcot had a 2000 over it, and Tapestry of Nations was all the rage. Between October 1999 and December 2000, I made the trip from Atlanta to Disney 7 time... however in January 2001, my mother and I moved to Lexington, Ky and have not been able to go back since.

I am now 25, married with a family of my own, and it will be a different experience from many points of view. First Trip as an adult, with a family, and this is also technically a 5 year late honeymoon. My wife and son have never been to WDW and they know kind of what to expect, but they dont realize the sheer size of everything DISNEY thats down there... its going to be a great trip!

Whats to come before we leave!

Plans for the parks, where we have ADR's and why they were chosen, things we dont want to miss.​

This is my first trip report, so you are more than welcome to tag along and I look forward to talking to you all!

Dining!

So we finally decided on our ADR's... we've had 2 in stone for a while but decided to add 2 more. Here is the rundown!

Starting the first day in the parks, we're going to dine for lunch at Le Cellier! It took me forever to get this reservation!!!!! :worship: There were no evening ADR's all week, so we settled for a late lunch. This is possibly the most difficult decision on what to eat.. the cheese soup is a must.. however, we're debating doing the "Le Cellier Experience" which is the 3 course meal.. i think if we do that, the wife and I will split it as its a ton of food, and saving a few bucks isnt bad. I am looking forward to the Maple Creme Brulee as Ive never had a creme brulee before but would love to try one!

Next up on our dining plan, and the most recently made ADR is for Ohana's Character Breakfast. I was really on the fence about a character meal.. Id read that alot of the lunch/dinner ones had gone down in value, however it seemed the breakfast ones were pretty good, and many people on the forums have given Ohana a thumbs up.. and we all love Stitch! With this being family style meal, everyone should eat their fill and will be a nice break from the really rushed mornings.. well not really as we dine at 745...

50's Prime Time Cafe is next up in the Studios... this should be a very filling meal, and another late lunch. Im trying to decide between the fried chicken or the pot roast, and I'm leaning towards the chicken. Meanwhile, the DW is really looking forward to the meatloaf, and seeing if myself or the 5 year old ends up in the corner first! Ive also heard good things about the PBnJ milkshake.. but the pictures of the smores look good as well.

Our final ADR of the trip is the real "splurge" and the one I'm looking forward to the most. Jiko in Animal Kingdom lodge, on our last night in WDW is where we will be dining. This was another difficult ADR to get, however I did get it for the normal dinner time. Appetizers are kind of tempting my "wild" side.. the cheese plate looks good, but this Pokanoket Farm Seared Ostrich Filet... for some reason is tempting.. if anyone has had it before, Id greatly appreciate some feedback on how that is. Main course will be a no brainer.. ever since I saw pictures of it on here, the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon has been my meal of choice at WDW. The Tanzanian Chocolate Cheesecake is also very very tempting for a finisher.

Other places we're interested in dining at for counter service are kind here and there.. Im actually really excited for the Pop Century food court as alot of the pictures Ive seen of it, do look good. Pecos Bill and the diner in Tomorrowland are all good options ive heard, and the Land is a wonderful place to eat in Epcot. ABC Commissary is kind of a diamond in the rough from what I hear and could also be an option..

So thats what we've got lined up for food.. Next up Ill get into some plans for the parks.

You're eating at three of our favorite places! :)

We :love: Le Cellier, though we haven't eaten there the past few trips... the mushroom filet is sooo good! 50's Prime Time is a lot of fun - I've always had good luck with the pot roast, but reading some other trip reports recently, it sounds like the chicken might be a better choice. We ate at Jiko on our honeymoon trip - the food was really good, but the service was not. :confused3 We need go give it another try.

Do you have your park days scheduled yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter