It's been a very hard week.

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
I lost my sweet Dixie Belle and we are all heartbroken. We have had her for 14 years. My 2 girls (6 and 8) have known her all of their lives so it was especially hard on them. Dixie Belle developed an enlarged heart a few months ago and we put her on medication and she was doing so good! Sunday 4/12 we had a normal day. She laid beside me on the couch as she always does, alerted me when she had to go potty, begged for food when we ate dinner etc. Around 9 pm she went down her steps from the couch and let me know she needed to go out. I let her out, waited for her, she came in, had her treat and came back to the couch. The only difference this time is she didn't want to go up her stairs so I picked her up, she dug in the blanket on the couch and laid down. A few hours later I told her it was bed time and called her to go out once more and she wouldn't get up. I picked her up, she walked slow but went out and did her business but when she came back she didn't want her treat. She just stopped and laid down on the kitchen floor. I got my wife and we couldn't get Dixie to do anything so I carried her upstairs and laid her in her doggy bed. I didn't sleep at all as I kept checking on her. She was breathing and gave me the occasional lick on my hand when I touched her but she didn't get up all night. About 5 am she started barking, a painful sounding bark. We comforted her until our vet opened and our girls laid in the floor with their iPad and watched Disney Junior with her. It was her favorite thing to do. When the vet called us back and told us to bring her in, I knew it was goodbye. I carried her to the car and she was limp and barely breathing. She died at the vet before the doctor could give her the shot. We had a private cremation done and I picked up her remains today. It has been a very hard week.

My Dixie Belle....

DixieBelle1.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my beautiful golden retriever, Charlie in September and there is still a hole in my heart. I have a new puppy (born in December) but, particularly when we are out and about, I still find myself thinking ‘Charlie would have loved this’. The quiet in the house, without a dog, is a strangely hard thing to get used to, even though the dog was quiet and it was me, talking to him etc., making the noise. Thinking of you and your children.

I am so very sorry for your loss-words do not convey the sympathy I have- I went through this many times over the years, but lost my sweet baby almost 5 years ago and the ache still gets me sometimes. One bit of advice?, comfort thought-save something that was special to her maybe her collar? I have all of mine in my Jeep where I can look at them and remember the fun we had. Your beautiful girl is watching you from up above and is now your families guardian angel. Hugs to you and your family!

I lost my sweet Dixie Belle and we are all heartbroken. We have had her for 14 years. My 2 girls (6 and 8) have known her all of their lives so it was especially hard on them. Dixie Belle developed an enlarged heart a few months ago and we put her on medication and she was doing so good! Sunday 4/12 we had a normal day. She laid beside me on the couch as she always does, alerted me when she had to go potty, begged for food when we ate dinner etc. Around 9 pm she went down her steps from the couch and let me know she needed to go out. I let her out, waited for her, she came in, had her treat and came back to the couch. The only difference this time is she didn't want to go up her stairs so I picked her up, she dug in the blanket on the couch and laid down. A few hours later I told her it was bed time and called her to go out once more and she wouldn't get up. I picked her up, she walked slow but went out and did her business but when she came back she didn't want her treat. She just stopped and laid down on the kitchen floor. I got my wife and we couldn't get Dixie to do anything so I carried her upstairs and laid her in her doggy bed. I didn't sleep at all as I kept checking on her. She was breathing and gave me the occasional lick on my hand when I touched her but she didn't get up all night. About 5 am she started barking, a painful sounding bark. We comforted her until our vet opened and our girls laid in the floor with their iPad and watched Disney Junior with her. It was her favorite thing to do. When the vet called us back and told us to bring her in, I knew it was goodbye. I carried her to the car and she was limp and barely breathing. She died at the vet before the doctor could give her the shot. We had a private cremation done and I picked up her remains today. It has been a very hard week.

My Dixie Belle....

View attachment 489821

I'm so sorry for your loss of your little family member. We lost our beloved Scruffy 4 years ago. The pain is gone now and we are now able to adopt another bichon. Others can go out and adopt another pet ASAP, and that is also fine. What ever works for you and your family. I know how you feel and send blessings your way!

I am so sorry. What a beautiful doggie. It is hard to lose a beloved furry family member.

As said many times here, Jimmy, I am very sorry to read this about your Dixie Bell (love the name). She sounds like she was such a wonderful member of your home with a beautiful routine. As you told us, I could just picture her, getting up, going out, coming in, laying back down. :dog: You gave her a wonderful life for so many years. My best for you and all your family.

As for your beloved Dixie Belle, just remember......she will be there, at the Bridge, playing, waiting......

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge, together....
Author unknown...

www.petloss.com

www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Thank you, Dan Murphy, for posting the beautiful Rainbow Bridge! It made me cry and happy at the same time. I had never heard the story before. I hope it helps Jimmy Mouse and his family and others who have lost their beloved pets.

Very sorry for the loss of your Dixie Belle. It sounds like she brought your family much joy and love and all of that was returned by all of you to her.
. Pets are such a wonderful member of our families. We had to put our beloved golden Jack sparrow down in February. It was heart wrenching but the right thing to do.
Sending a big hug to you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!