It's Magic Kingdoms 50'th Birthday and we're all invited to the party.

thumper*

Disney Dreamer
Greetings fellow travelers and Disney Dreamers

Hello all it’s been way to long since I’ve been active here on the Dis. I have made it back on a few occasions to read some incredible TR’s to help make real life disappear, at least temporarily.

For those of you that don’t know me I’m Glenda I’m the dreamer and planner. The goofy guy next to me in the picture is my husband Mark. We’ll be celebrating our 30th anniversary next September. If you’re not familiar with us be prepared for a TR that won’t hesitate to show you our silly side and our frustrated with each other side. We live in Indianapolis, IN home of the Indy 500. I've been an Xray tech for 35 yrs and a REALTOR for 4yrs. Mark has retired from owning his own business' but helps supplement our income selling Sports cards, memorabilia, collectibles, and clothes on Ebay.

My favorite character is Minnie Mouse because nobody rocks the dots like she does. Daisy Duck runs a close second this Diva doesn't get enough recognition IMO. I think they need to add her to the Fab 5 and call it the Super 6. That would be the platform I'd run on if running for president.

I'm not sure what Minnie had just said to Mark but they were doing this next .....

I finally got to meet Daisey on our last trip and Miss Sass did not disappoint.

Marks favorite character is different each time you ask him but I find he tends to be partial to Goofy and Olaf.

My favorite park use to be Epcot because Jalapeno Margarita's at La Cava and Chips and Queso. The best way to start out W.S. No really it's because you can drink your way around the world. I've attempted it twice but always get caught up in Germany drinking too many Biers or Italy enjoying the wine. Now my fave park is AK. I fell in love with the park in 2017 when we spent a rare comfortably cool evening there. I loved the beauty of ROL and am sad they have discontinued it. To bad with all the time delays & $ it took to get it going. I know I fall in the minority of those who loved it.

Then there is Tiffin's. A wonderfully comfortable shady place to take a long cocktail break. This time around we'll actually enjoy a full meal instead of wine and a cheese plate. I can't wait to try the octopus appy, if it's still on the menu then.

I'm at my picture limit so this seems like a great time to wave bye :smickey: and see you real soon. One ? before I go, do you know of better days of the week for Epcot vs DHS and their crowd size?

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_170628780.jpg
    IMG_20171130_170628780.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20171130_171002817.jpg
    IMG_20171130_171002817.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 3
Welcome, welcome, everybody welcome. I'd be surprised if any of you recognize those lyrics, I'm an EDM fan and have started to turn Mark also. Not what you'd expect from mid 50 yr olds. I do love a variety of music and enjoy being different.

Time for another update. I realized earlier today that I forgot to mention that Mark and I don't have any kids and are able to enjoy Disney in adult style even if we do act childish sometimes. As you've probably already guessed that means cocktails when we wish.

A tequila flight a couple of Jalapeño margs and chips w/ queso from La Cava is the best way I can get Mark excited about going to a park.

We fell in love with these margarita's so much it compelled us to create our own at home. Every year now we grow Jalapenos so that we can infuse it in our favorite tequila we use for margs. A little cointreau, organic lime juice and a fresh pinched basil leave to finish it for aromatics and hint of flavor. Oh yum, too bad I'm at work I'd make myself one. I'm sure I'll be indulging tomorrow night when I'm off (well tonight if I don't get this update done by midnight). We also grow Habaneros and make a hot vodka for our Bloody Mary's. We'll also grate habanero into our kosher salt for the rims. Gotta say this years batch of salt is exceptionally hot. Yo mamma the lips tingle for a few minutes afterwards.

Our last trip to Disney was to be for the Epic Girls only trip in May 2019 (yeah Mark invited himself to that). Unfortunately we had to cancel that because my real estate business was super busy. It ended up being for the best that we cancelled because the day before we were to leave my mother had to be hospitalized. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to miss that trip. I was so looking forward to meeting & drinking with so many ladies from the boards. I did get to live it vicariously through their post on their FB page in real time and then again in their TR's. So glad they took the time to share I loved it. Let's not forget their Chuncky Dump started by (@Steppesister), Liesa you crack me up. Jackie @missjackiemcg I loved that you thought of me & sent me a pic of your Miller lite at the airport. Can't tell you how many times I think of you when I open one.

Maybe at this point I should share some of our preliminary plans. Preliminary because it's Disney and most of us change our plans several times, but it's more significant now with the Disney's limited reopening phase. We wanted to stay in MK area resort and thought WL would be nice (read most affordable). Our Marvelous ;) TA got us reservations for WL for Sept 27'th-Oct 3'rd way back in April. Hopefully they will open up WL and not just their DVC by then. I'm thinking come next Sept it would benefit Disney to have all MK resorts open, they know with the celebration they can ask top $ during that time. But then again it's Disney and some of their decisions still baffle me. So resssy's made in April and earlier this week I've already asked my TA to change our ressy's for Oct 3-5 to AKL savanna view. Unfortunately DVC isn't open there yet so not possible at this time. Hope that will change.

Our last trip we stayed at POFQ & then GF in all of it's Holiday hussle and bussel. By the end of that visit we we're wishing we were at a quite resort. We thought it would be nice to unwind our last few days of this trip at AKL. We have stayed AKL SV twice now and really enjoy the quite of the resort. Not to mention I can hardly draw myself away from watching the animals from the balcony. If they open up we plan to spend a resort day laxin on our balcony and the pool. We'll finish our final park day at AK for my favorite ride FOP and hopefully a coveted ADR at Tiffins.

I'm really hoping that several of the Dissers I missed last May will be there. I believe Ariane @CruellaNY, Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey, & Kelly @buzzrelly will be in the world for the 50'th as are a few others I can't remember. Will you be there for the 50th?

Ok so I got side tracked with the plans........so tentatively
WL Sept 27'th-Oct 2'nd and AKL Oct 2'nd & 3'rd.
We have 7 nt's but only wanted 5 days of tix, so parks for now are
Mon Sept 27'th arrival day resort day, DS for dinner maybe, I'd really like to check out the Edison. Or do the Snow white dinner at WL if it's brought back.
Tue Sept 28'th DHS ADR at 50's PTD or Brown Derby
Wed Sept 29'th Epcot ADR at Space 220 if open
Thur Sept 30'th DHS ADR at 50's PTD or Brown Derby
Fri Oct 1'st MK for the big birthday kick off. If F.P don't open up guess we're just walking the park & people watching I expect it to be extremely busy. ADR for breaky at Crystal Palace if open and if my cousins join us. OOP's I let the cat out of the bag. More on this in a future post. Not sure where we're going to watch the fireworks from this night but maybe one of my DVC friends will have us as a guest up at TOTW. This is a longtime Disney dream only achievable with friends that are DVC. Or I might be able to score the coveted Cali grill dinner during the fireworks. Done it before and it was awesome.
Sat Oct 2'nd no way we are going into a park this weekend. Maybe fishing. :fish:
Sunday Oct 3'rd Cali grill brunch then transfer to AKL to sit pool side and balcony. Dinner will be Zebra Domes, LOL I really don't know but doubt we'll be very hungry after Cali grill brunch. I'm sure it will be something from Mara.
Monday Oct 4'th Breaky at Boma, AK and Tiffins later.

Either arrival day or Saturday Mark wants to do one of the Disney guided fishing excursions. He's wanted to do this for a long time. We had it reserved for a our last trip but you now know how that ended. I can't remember Renee's screen name on here but her husband Chad was going to join Mark then. I haven't reached out to her yet to see if he might be interested in doing it next year. I thought that while Mark was doing that I'd go to a breakfast or DS. Then today he talked me into going too. He really wants me to take pics for him but what lured me in....see what I did there.... was that I would be able to see aspects of the World I wouldn't see most any other way. We'll see what happens.

Gonna stop right here and pick it back up next week. If you're interested there are links to my previous TR's in my siggy. See ya.

Last edited:
Hey Glenda! I read up a few days ago but am finally getting around to commenting :)

I think they need to add her to the Fab 5 and call it the Super 6. That would be the platform I'd run on if running for president.
That's cute! I wonder why she isn't considered part of the Fab 5, it does kind of stink lol
Then there is Tiffin's. A wonderfully comfortable shady place to take a long cocktail break. This time around we'll actually enjoy a full meal instead of wine and a cheese plate. I can't wait to try the octopus appy, if it's still on the menu then.
Ah we LOVE Tiffin's as well as Nomad Lounge. I wanted to eat at Tiffin's the last 2 trips but didn't get there; it's a possibility for next month and pretty much a definite for Feb!
Our Marvelous ;) TA got us reservations for WL for Sept 27'th-Oct 3'rd way back in April. Hopefully they will open up WL and not just their DVC by then.
:sunny:
I do hope at least WL opens; I have a feeling another moderate or All Star will be the next announced though. Universal opened all resorts in June but then closed 2 a few weeks later and just announced both would be reopening in Dec. but of course Disney has so many more resorts.
. I believe Ariane @CruellaNY, Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey, & Kelly @buzzrelly will be in the world for the 50'th as are a few others I can't remember. Will you be there for the 50th?
I will be and Jenny will be! I'm sure we won't be the only ones!

Hello all hope everyone is having a good week. The weather here was in the high 70's early in the week and it was wonderful to get out and get some leaves picked up.

Now onto typical fall temps. Burr I get cold just thinking about it.

While perusing the Dis the other day I was reading a post about someone not getting a ressy for DHS. I learned that many people are reserving it in hopes of getting ROTR boarding pass and if they don't get the pass they cancel and reserve another park. Since Mark and I have not been since Toy Story land and GE opened it is a priority for us to experience them. So with that in mind I cancelled our Epcot reservation and reserved a 3'rd day for HS. Here's to hoping we get ROTR on day one and I can reserve Epcot for our second or 3'rd day. I would really miss a few cocktails around WS.
This is us having fun after a few in Epcot in 2017

Something that I haven't mentioned yet is that the beginning of this trip I'm planning a small family reunion in Orlando. We call these the Cuz Clan get togethers. For a few years now my brother and his BF/fiancé (from Champaign IL.), an older cousin and her GF (from Daytona Beach FL), a younger cousin and her GF/fiancé (From Houston TX) and of course Mark and I have been getting together for short vacay's. Last year we all met in Destin Fl and rented a large place directly on the beach. This year we all met up and rented a huge cabin in Pigeon Forge TN. Next year we're going to meet in Orlando and rent a house with a pool a for a few days.

Here is my brother and future BIL with our Cuz Clan mascot Destiny in Destin last year.

Here is the Cuz Clan & Destiny at the cabin in Pigeon Forge minus Mark the photographer.

The back story on Destiny is that I bought her at end of year clearance for little $. I thought it would be a great practical joke to make my brother and Jamie play with her in the Gulf of Mexico. When we surprised them they fell in love with her and named her Destiny because we were in Destin. I had expected to just leave her at the beach house we rented or giving her to some kids on the beach. Erik decided he wanted to keep her and put her on the roof of his car for the their Gay Pride parade in 2019. She was a hit there too.
Here's the whole gang enjoying a peaceful sunset. LOL

On our TN. trip I asked my younger cousin what her dream vacation would be, while trying to figure out our next Cuz clan meet up. I was floored when she said Disney World. I told her about our plans for the 50'th next Oct and they really want to come. Our plans are now to rent a house in Orlando for about 3-4 nights the weekend before the 50'th. My older cousin from Daytona is not a parks person and is only interested in meeting for the house rental. My brother is planning on getting married this year and most likely won't have the time off for a honeymoon and a Cuz Clan get together. But Mark would like them to get married at the rental house (they were planning a very tiny wedding) so the closest of the family could be there. We'll see Erik & Jamie this weekend and Mark will run the idea by them. We'll see what they say.
I'm hoping that my TX cousins will be able to stay a few extra days and get to come to WDW. I've already gave them my TA info and I know I they have liked her FB page. I have also warned them not to dilly dally around and buy tix and to make some ressy's so they can get into MK for the 50'th.

I'll leave 1 last picture before I go.
Our 19'th Wedding anniversary Dinner at Victoria & Alberts Grand Vic Room. Wow look Marks hair wasn't nearly as grey. This was the most expensive meal but was so worth it. Would love to do it again sometime. Maybe for my retirement.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

I learned that many people are reserving it in hopes of getting ROTR boarding pass and if they don't get the pass they cancel and reserve another park. Since Mark and I have not been since Toy Story land and GE opened it is a priority for us to experience them. So with that in mind I cancelled our Epcot reservation and reserved a 3'rd day for HS. Here's to hoping we get ROTR on day one and I can reserve Epcot for our second or 3'rd day.
Yup that's happening. We only have one day on our trip next week at HS and I think we're skipping it on February but I do think it's a good way to go. Some folks are getting angry that others are taking those HS park reservations only to change them, but that's just the nature of the way things are set up now unfortunately.
This year we all met up and rented a huge cabin in Pigeon Forge TN
Pigeon Forge is on my list of places to try!
I asked my younger cousin what her dream vacation would be, while trying to figure out our next Cuz clan meet up. I was floored when she said Disney World.
Perfect answer lol
I've already gave them my TA info and I know I they have liked her FB page. I have also warned them not to dilly dally around and buy tix and to make some ressy's so they can get into MK for the 50'th.
:love:
It's only AP's who are locked out of MK on the 1st at this point but just a matter of time before it's filled for everyone. However, I think down the road more availability will open depending on what they do with capacity and if they've held some back. On the other hand resort availability is slim so they definitey should book soon!!

Hello Dis Friends hope you had a great week and are ready for an even better weekend.

I'm so bummed that Rona is shining her ugly head again. Hospitals in our area are filling up fast. I found out the other day that our hospital will not be Covid free this time around. Last spring any cases that showed up at our facility (a specialized heart hospital) were immediately sent to our big parent hospital to specialty Covid units. Not this time though. If we receive a Covid pt. we will be keeping them. I won't lie this scares me. I have been an xray tech since 1985 and this year has been the hardest. I've actually been considering retiring early. Last spring was exceptionally scary until I learned they would send Covid + pt's away. Last spring I didn't know anyone personally to get Covid but this summer & fall several friends got it. One had very mild symptoms last week and was rushed to ER with in 4 days. I would like to add that he did social distance, stayed home as much as possible and wore a mask in public. Fortunately he only spent about 4-5 days in the hospital and was released today. But I feel so bad for him yesterday one of his dogs/fur baby died. He didn't get to be there to hold her or say his good bye. I'm just saying it Covid s****.

Wow all that just to say I'm happy I didn't book a Disney vacay for anytime this winter. I'd be too scared and would have to cancel. I feel so bad for our fellow disser's that have had to cancel not just 1 but several trips.....such a bummer.

On the brighter note since we're not venturing out of the house if at all possible we have a new liquor store that delivers for free. Guess that is 1 positive to Covid. Their prices are really inexpensive and I'm afraid this is going to become common for us (read way to easy to over do it).

I will say I fell in love with the Decoy Cabernet.

I was happy to hear that Disney is starting up park hoppers again in 2021. I do hope that by Oct they will be close to normal operations. I would like to do the Walking with Giants tour if they bring it back. Only time will tell.

Pigeon Forge is on my list of places to try!
It is beautiful. I've been several times through the years but will say this year was unbelievably busy. We would head up early morning into the mountains and when we come back out by noon -1pm the line of cars waiting to get into the park was extremely long. Some of these people won't be able to find parking spots at the look outs to see. I think it was busy because of Covid and so many people vacationing closer to home, plus it was peak fall colors up in the mountains, and it was fall break for the area schools. So word of advice head out early. It is a very tourist trap area and we aren't into that so avoided most places. Sorry the better pictures (higher in the mountains with better colors) are on Marks phone I need to get them.

We did spend and afternoon/evening at the Island. An entertainment complex with rides, dining, shopping and of course Moonshine tastings (that's a big thing there). My cousin did the Moonshine tasting but the rest of us passed since we're not big MS drinkers.

I'll leave off here and see ya all next week or so.

Attachments

• delivery.jpg
    delivery.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 0
was happy to hear that Disney is starting up park hoppers again in 2021.
YES! Not surprised it's "different" but so happy it'll be there for my 50th birthday trip in February! Even if all we do is hop to Epcot a couple nights for dinner or drinks
this year was unbelievably busy.
I think as you said it was folks vacationing closer to home/places that are outdoorsy. We had lots of clients book Pigeon Forge for the spring and summer this year.

Hi!! I’ve had so much fun reading your
Plans so far! We have a lot in common😊
We go to Destin on Spring Break, I just live over the mountain from Pigeon Forge, we love our Epcot cocktails and we might cross each other’s path for the 50th Birthday celebration!! I will be there celebrating my 50th!! Can’t wait to read more!

HI there! I am following along. With the new year, I feel ready to finally plan a Disney trip! And follow along with some folks as they plan there own trips!

Hey There, Lady! :)

Just saw this now as I'm slowly trying to work my way back onto the DIS after a long time off. Nice to be back among friends. :)

Love your introductions and who knows what Sept/October might bring. Since our cruise was cancelled... again, I might just do 3 weeks in Italy and then a week in Disney... It'd be so fun to meet you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!