Jambo House pool closure??

This is a great example of how difficult it really is to secure reservations, especially during F&W. Really amazing, 5 months out, not one room to be had. Surprising, SSR has always been available in the past. Quite frankly, VERY SURPRISED. Perhaps since it is becoming much more difficult to secure reservations generally, Disney could do better planning on announcing pool renovation schedules and coordinate with DVC. How about announcing pool renovation at 7 months in advance of a renovation? At seven months out, it is likely that another resort would have been available, SSR or OKW probably. At five months out, nothing is available and I still have not received notification in the mail. :scratchin:eek::confused3
I read on the resorts board that there is also a room renovation going on at Jambo house too and they are starting with the villas! I haven't read anything about that here (yet). Any word about this? Are the Jambo villas going to be under construction too, or is that already done or underway? I will deal with the pool issue (well, I don't have a choice at this point) but good grief, if I have to deal with room refurbishments too, this is not going to be much of a "vacation".

:laughing:
I read on the resorts board that there is also a room renovation going on at Jambo house too and they are starting with the villas! I haven't read anything about that here (yet). Any word about this? Are the Jambo villas going to be under construction too, or is that already done or underway? I will deal with the pool issue (well, I don't have a choice at this point) but good grief, if I have to deal with room refurbishments too, this is not going to be much of a "vacation".
Thanks for the "heads up", Kristenrice.. I haven't heard about this guess I was just focusing on one thing at a time, lol! Anyone know the dates of the refurbishments? :confused:Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

When I e-mailed DVC about the pool I also asked about the room renovation as I had seen that elsewhere as well. This was their response (below)... So, hopefully the pool is all that will be getting work done...

"..There has been no information given to us about any room refurbishments scheduled to happen at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas- Jambo House. The only refurbishment scheduled at this time, is the pool refurbishment..."

This is a great example of how difficult it really is to secure reservations, especially during F&W. Really amazing, 5 months out, not one room to be had. Surprising, SSR has always been available in the past. Quite frankly, VERY SURPRISED. Perhaps since it is becoming much more difficult to secure reservations generally, Disney could do better planning on announcing pool renovation schedules and coordinate with DVC. How about announcing pool renovation at 7 months in advance of a renovation? At seven months out, it is likely that another resort would have been available, SSR or OKW probably. At five months out, nothing is available and I still have not received notification in the mail. :scratchin:eek::confused3

Exactly, once they have a confirmed rennovation in place, they have an obligation to advise those who are currently booked. I’d hate think they drag their feet to make sure people are already committed at the resort. Honestly, there are enough people looking for rooms after 7 month mark they’d likely fill the rooms anyway if they’d be upfront about it.

First week of Dec ditto. Not unexpected with Pop Warner, etc. not sure which week is membership meetings.

The Jambo House pool would be strictly controlled by Disney Resorts since the hotel is much larger than the DVC villas. And Disney never announces pool closures far in advance especially for DVC members that book at the 11 month mark. Lately that is starting make more sense since the hurricane damage last year has thrown construction times way off in Florida.

I am really surprised that they think all of the guests at both Jambo House and Kidani Village during Food and Wine would fit in the smaller Samawati Springs pool at Kidani.

Here is what Disney has on it's website about the two pools:

Uzima Springs Pool
Go for a dip in the enchanting Uzima Springs Pool, an 11,000-square-foot tropical oasis facing Uzima Savanna. Surrounded by large canopy trees and Floridian palms, the 234,980-gallon pool features a gently sloping, zero-depth entry point similar to that of a natural beach, along with a 67-foot-long waterslide.

Samawati Springs Pool
Make a splash at the Samawati Springs Pool—located just a short walk away at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani! Featuring an exciting 128-foot waterslide and zero-depth-entry, this 4,700-square-foot, 118,138-gallon pool is the perfect place to cool off and have fun.
Uwanja Camp
The pool area also includes Uwanja Camp, a water playground with 3 distinct zones to please kids of all ages. At Observation Station, children 4 years of age and younger can climb through cargo crates, unscramble animal images and frolic through a gently bubbling geyser and shallow cistern pool—while their parents watch from nearby.

At Departure Zone, a leaky water tower and sneaky African irises squirt children 5 to 7 years of age, while at Base Camp, kids 8 years of age and up can douse each other with water cannons.

I just find it hard to believe that it will work out. I think I would plan on a day at the water parks or going off property or try out the new water park at Universal, although the tickets for Volcano Bay could cost a family of four over $300 for the day.

That's strange about the renovations. They just renovated the villas a year or so ago. New lighter paint, new carpet, drapes, decor above headboards etc. it was the renovation that lightened things up a bit.

When I e-mailed DVC about the pool I also asked about the room renovation as I had seen that elsewhere as well. This was their response (below)... So, hopefully the pool is all that will be getting work done...

"..There has been no information given to us about any room refurbishments scheduled to happen at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas- Jambo House. The only refurbishment scheduled at this time, is the pool refurbishment..."
Thanks, that is good. Don't want to deal with two disruptions. o_O

The Jambo House pool would be strictly controlled by Disney Resorts since the hotel is much larger than the DVC villas. And Disney never announces pool closures far in advance especially for DVC members that book at the 11 month mark. Lately that is starting make more sense since the hurricane damage last year has thrown construction times way off in Florida.

I am really surprised that they think all of the guests at both Jambo House and Kidani Village during Food and Wine would fit in the smaller Samawati Springs pool at Kidani.

Here is what Disney has on it's website about the two pools:

I just find it hard to believe that it will work out. I think I would plan on a day at the water parks or going off property or try out the new water park at Universal, although the tickets for Volcano Bay could cost a family of four over $300 for the day.
Wow didn’t realize how much smaller Kidani’s pool is

I highly doubt they are doing anything to the DVC villas- those just had a soft goods renovation in 2016 where they upgraded the TV's, installed new carpet and drapes, new paint, etc. The hotel side of Animal Kingdom Lodge does have some one bedroom and studio units, so maybe they meant they are starting with those.

I highly doubt they are doing anything to the DVC villas- those just had a soft goods renovation in 2016 where they upgraded the TV's, installed new carpet and drapes, new paint, etc. The hotel side of Animal Kingdom Lodge does have some one bedroom and studio units, so maybe they meant they are starting with those.
That's what I am assuming. I thought that the AKV just had a renovation done so I think that they are referring more to hotel-side renovations. Even so, if there are room renovations being done in the building, along with the pool, that could still be very disruptive.

Staying at Jambo for 3 nights at the end of October before our Fantasy cruise, have not received any notification from DVC that the pool will be closed. Boo.

That's strange about the renovations. They just renovated the villas a year or so ago. New lighter paint, new carpet, drapes, decor above headboards etc. it was the renovation that lightened things up a bit.

I think the renovations for the hotel not DVC. I read that somewhere.

Staying at Jambo for 3 nights at the end of October before our Fantasy cruise, have not received any notification from DVC that the pool will be closed. Boo.

Unfortunately you probably won't. For me, it's almost like now that they have our money and don't have to do anything to really earn our business, we don't rank as high on their priority list. It's pretty disappointing.

Admittedly I did not read every post. I checked the DVC site and don't see the closure dates; when will the Jamboree pool be closed? :thanks:

ETA: found it, early Sept.

People on the general Jambo thread seem to think that general resort guests will be able to use the DVC pool at Kidani -- I don't see how that will be possible as DVC is a separate entity and surely only the DVC Jambo guests will have access to the Kidani pool. All the other guests will not have pool access at all.

People on the general Jambo thread seem to think that general resort guests will be able to use the DVC pool at Kidani -- I don't see how that will be possible as DVC is a separate entity and surely only the DVC Jambo guests will have access to the Kidani pool. All the other guests will not have pool access at all.
Everyone staying at Jambo can use the pool at Kidani-cash or points. It’s always been that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!