Jambo House pool closure??

I booked in November for an October stay...nothing! I’ve even called and spoke with MS about my reservation a few times....not one mention of the pool closure. I even have a standard view room which is basically the equivalent of a pool view so it’s definitely going to impact my vacation.

Sorry this happened to anyone on DVC reservations. When we went to Wilderness lodge a few years back the DVC pool was closed, and nothing was offered even though the normal pool was pretty packed. We also had a nice view of the construction area during our stay.

Construction happens and there is not much you can do with a timeshare property. Cash reservations can always cancel or change and will be catered to first.

The bright side is Kidani village is close (walking or shuttle), and you are going when school is back in so the pools should not be overly packed.

We just stayed at OKW in April. About 1-2 months prior they sent a letter stating Turtle pond pool would be closed for refurb. But we knew from the forums it would be closed earlier. You should get a notice soon.

Sorry this happened to anyone on DVC reservations. When we went to Wilderness lodge a few years back the DVC pool was closed, and nothing was offered even though the normal pool was pretty packed. We also had a nice view of the construction area during our stay.

Construction happens and there is not much you can do with a timeshare property. Cash reservations can always cancel or change and will be catered to first.

The bright side is Kidani village is close (walking or shuttle), and you are going when school is back in so the pools should not be overly packed.
Hope that you are right about Kidani pool not being overly crowded. :goodvibes

I just decided to waitlist the 4 nights at KV instead. It can't hurt...maybe I'll get lucky:shamrock:. So now I have a waitlist for the HH category at OKW and a waitlist for a standard studio at KV. If either one of those come through, I will be ecstatic:laughing:. The one at OKW is for a Fri/Sat/Sun stay so I am not very optimistic, especially since it was set up at 8am on the day the 7-month window opened. The AKV one is 4 nights (Mon-Thur) and that one was set up today (about 150 days out!) so that one is really a pipe dream.....but since I have nothing to lose, I guess it's worth a shot, right? I have them both set up to run until 7 days out since there are no point differences between the categories I have confirmed and the categories I have waitlisted.

:faint:My waitlist at Kidani came through! Well, sort of...I stalked the RAT and saw the first three nights so I grabbed those and changed the waitlist to just the last night and that night filled about 2 weeks later!

So now, I actually still have BOTH reservations...I haven't let go of Jambo yet...but I am 90% sure I am going to...but the decision is difficult.

Even with the construction, a standard studio in Jambo is either going to be close to the bus stop OR it's going to have a "savanna" view. So if I don't have a nice, short walk to the bus, my reward for the long walk will be a nicer view. If I get stuck with a construction view, I am sure to be close to the bus, restaurants, and laundry room (which will definitely be on the same floor!). That's my favorite thing about the standard studios at Jambo...the location! That...and the double sinks.

On the other hand, a standard room at Kidani could be a LONG walk from the bus, laundry room AND the pool. The advantage would be that I would be a lot more comfortable leaving the girls in the room in the morning and sitting out by the pool. If I were at Jambo, I would not go over to Kidani and leave the girls behind. Another advantage is that we had to take Sanaa off of our itinerary when we were able to get a BOG ADR but if we stay at Kidani, we could grab the bread service from the lounge or get room service.

Ugh...I just can't decide. I have to choose soon....

:faint:My waitlist at Kidani came through! Well, sort of...I stalked the RAT and saw the first three nights so I grabbed those and changed the waitlist to just the last night and that night filled about 2 weeks later!

So now, I actually still have BOTH reservations...I haven't let go of Jambo yet...but I am 90% sure I am going to...but the decision is difficult.

Even with the construction, a standard studio in Jambo is either going to be close to the bus stop OR it's going to have a "savanna" view. So if I don't have a nice, short walk to the bus, my reward for the long walk will be a nicer view. If I get stuck with a construction view, I am sure to be close to the bus, restaurants, and laundry room (which will definitely be on the same floor!). That's my favorite thing about the standard studios at Jambo...the location! That...and the double sinks.

On the other hand, a standard room at Kidani could be a LONG walk from the bus, laundry room AND the pool. The advantage would be that I would be a lot more comfortable leaving the girls in the room in the morning and sitting out by the pool. If I were at Jambo, I would not go over to Kidani and leave the girls behind. Another advantage is that we had to take Sanaa off of our itinerary when we were able to get a BOG ADR but if we stay at Kidani, we could grab the bread service from the lounge or get room service.

Ugh...I just can't decide. I have to choose soon....

I bit the bullet and let go of the Jambo House studio. I really hope that we have a decent room location at Kidani. I don't want to make a request because I honestly don't know what I want. The CM told me that the laundry room is on the same side of the resort as the community hall, which is also the same side as the bus stop, and the opposite side as the pool. While I would like to be "close" to the bus stop and the laundry room, I do not want to be looking at the bus stop. We've stayed at Kidani twice (2BR's both times so proximity to laundry was a non-issue) in standard view rooms. The first time, we were on the "pool side" of the lobby, but we were in the first "bead" so we overlooked the parking lot. It wasn't bad at all and we were only there for 3 nights. The second time, we were on the "bus stop" side, but we were much further down so we weren't close to the buses. It was a long walk, but I remember thinking, "Goodness, I would hate to have those rooms right there in the corners, right above the bus stop:crazy2:".

I've chosen to look at it this way...there is a positive side to ANY room location that we get and I will choose to focus on that...
...If we are on the end, furthest from the pool, that's cool....we are a short walk to Jambo:goodvibes
...If we are on the end, furthest from Jambo, that's cool...we are close to the pool, and might be able to see some animals:goodvibes
...If we are stuck right above the bus stop, that's cool...we are close to the laundry room and we have a super short walk to the bus:goodvibes

We will be staying in a Savanna View room at Kidani at the end of September, with plans to relax by the pool every afternoon.

All I can say is, there BETTER be plenty of CMs there to enforce "no saving of pool chairs"!

We will be staying in a Savanna View room at Kidani at the end of September, with plans to relax by the pool every afternoon.

All I can say is, there BETTER be plenty of CMs there to enforce "no saving of pool chairs"!

We didn’t see much chair saving in April-I think because the pool is sort of out of the way it isn’t as much of a problem. If you walk all the way down there it’s because you’re going to stay.

We are booked in January at Kidani, but when we went to book it side the Jambo house pool will be closed starting in October I believe it was and there would be a shuttle between the pools during this time. But there was no end date on the refurbishment, although I would imagine it should be open by January.

Update: the pool will re-open this Monday, November 5th per the recreation calendar. It's already been re-filled with water.

Update: the pool will re-open this Monday, November 5th per the recreation calendar. It's already been re-filled with water.

Where did you see that info? I tried to find the recreation calendar but nothing. Thanks very much. We are heading there at the end of the week.

Would be interested to see a pic of the pool if anyone is at Jambo and it is re opened. Was it just maintenance or any re design involved?:confused:
Thanks!:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter