Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just our kids, but that's a really odd choice for a room layout now that I have a good look at it. Not sure what their plan was?
All the DVC villas in Jambo were converted hotel rooms, so a 1 BR is 2 hotel rooms joined together. I guess the designer couldn’t figure out how to reconfigure one bathroom into a bathroom and the other bathroom into a kitchen and dining area - whoever designed the conversion of WL hotel rooms to CCV villas did a much better job.

Jambo 1BR floor plan: https://www.disboards.com/media/dvc-floorplan-akl-jambo-1bdrm-jpg.88442/
CCV 1BR floor plan: https://www.disboards.com/media/dvc-floorplan-copper-creek-1bdrm-jpg.88625/

All the DVC villas in Jambo were converted hotel rooms, so a 1 BR is 2 hotel rooms joined together. I guess the designer couldn’t figure out how to reconfigure one bathroom into a bathroom and the other bathroom into a kitchen and dining area - whoever designed the conversion of WL hotel rooms to CCV villas did a much better job.

Jambo 1BR floor plan: https://www.disboards.com/media/dvc-floorplan-akl-jambo-1bdrm-jpg.88442/
CCV 1BR floor plan: https://www.disboards.com/media/dvc-floorplan-copper-creek-1bdrm-jpg.88625/
Thanks! That's not a big deal for us. Adults sharing this space, well that's a different story :-O

I find with the wide rim if I sit on the rim and swing my legs in it’s much easier than trying to step in. That being said, I am amazed that even with the newest DVC builds they do not put any grab bars in the tubs or showers. They are really useful for everyone in regards to getting in and out, now are made to blend in beautifully, and not that expensive. IMO they should be a standard feature. There are a lot of us who don’t need a HA room all around if they had grab bars.

I find with the wide rim if I sit on the rim and swing my legs in it’s much easier than trying to step in. That being said, I am amazed that even with the newest DVC builds they do not put any grab bars in the tubs or showers. They are really useful for everyone in regards to getting in and out, now are made to blend in beautifully, and not that expensive. IMO they should be a standard feature. There are a lot of us who don’t need a HA room all around if they had grab bars.
Some of us have as much trouble sitting and swinging legs over as stepping over - which of course is why we avoid the Jambo 1BR.

I definitely agree about grab bars, though.

Question: If we arrive at Jambo House by rental car at 6 in the morning on check in day with our luggage and groceries including grocery items requiring refrigeration:
  1. Will bell services store for us until our room is ready?
  2. Will they deliver our luggage and groceries to our room when the room is ready? (for a fee is okay)
Thanks!

Yes to both.

When you get to your room, call bell services and they will deliver. No fee but a nice tip is definitely appropriate.

Question: If we arrive at Jambo House by rental car at 6 in the morning on check in day with our luggage and groceries including grocery items requiring refrigeration:
  1. Will bell services store for us until our room is ready?
  2. Will they deliver our luggage and groceries to our room when the room is ready? (for a fee is okay)
Thanks!
Yes to both.

Note the $6 fee is for grocery delivery services that are delivered/held at the resort (without your presence) and you later call to have them delivered to your room (or you can pick them up at Bell Services yourself for no fee). There is no fee if you brought the groceries to the resort yourself and store them with Bell Services and later call to have them delivered to your room.

Do Jambo Lodge rooms have Keurig coffee makers?
Also is there a restaurant that has bread service here (Jambo)?
Some do, some do not. Interestingly, housekeeping doesn't even seem to know until they service the room. I used the Disney Alexa device on our trip last fall to order some more coffee and they delievered BOTH k-cups and regular drip coffee packets. We had a regular drip coffee maker.

Some do, some do not. Interestingly, housekeeping doesn't even seem to know until they service the room. I used the Disney Alexa device on our trip last fall to order some more coffee and they delievered BOTH k-cups and regular drip coffee packets. We had a regular drip coffee maker.
Wow, okay, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!