Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just spoke with MS for the 4th time in the last month. Conveyed that many members still have not received notification. Expressed my disappointment in customer service, notification, and frustration with the fact that imo, since it is becoming so difficult even at 7 months to get a desired resort, that at 7 months, DVC should be more transparent and notify members of upcoming refurbishments so members can make INFORMED decisions about a stay at 7 months instead of being blindsighted, when in fact I booked at 10 months. NO EXCUSES for lack of notification.>:( Don't bother calling sadly, comments fall on DEAF EARS!:sad2: Told DVC, very disappointed that I had to find out on social media.Sad way to treat members who pay DVC salary through hard earned money for annual maintenance fees.:(:(

Last edited:

So figure I'll ask here and the DVC thread...

I've never used touring plans room request feature... but I've always heard good things. This is my first DVC stay so no idea if I should make a request through them or just call Member Services for my request? Obviously no guarantee's but trying to find the best route to go. If I use touring plans should I not make any requests to MS and online and just let them handle it?

Any room suggestions in Kidani for 1 bedroom savannah view? Probably prefer 3rd floor or so.

So figure I'll ask here and the DVC thread...

I've never used touring plans room request feature... but I've always heard good things. This is my first DVC stay so no idea if I should make a request through them or just call Member Services for my request? Obviously no guarantee's but trying to find the best route to go. If I use touring plans should I not make any requests to MS and online and just let them handle it?

Any room suggestions in Kidani for 1 bedroom savannah view? Probably prefer 3rd floor or so.

We did not use MS, used the TP fax instead and got the exact two 2BRV room numbers we wanted, and they were ready by 130pm

Me, too. And if you do use them, it would be nice to take a photo to add to their website so they can add it to the specific room that you had. I have only used balcony views like at AKL and Pop, but there are views taken outside the front door if there is no balcony like at Pop Century resort. I think that they only use one photo for each room.

Just back from stay akv Jambo house and spent lots of time at the pool. I didn’t see anything in disrepair, but what the heck with all the fences by the pool? I’ve stayed there many times but itd been 5 years and the pool wasn’t fenced off in sections like that. I hated it as it’s so chopped up it’s hard to get around. Why would they do it that way?

I believe the fences were put in to prevent anyone from using the pools when there are no lifeguards on duty. I believe the decision was made after a child drowned in one of the AOA pools in 2015. I read that there were 9 drownings in a matter of several years. It could be due to the fact they don't want to let pool hoppers in as well but I think the main reason is to be able to actually close the pool when lifeguards are not there.

I believe the fences were put in to prevent anyone from using the pools when there are no lifeguards on duty. I believe the decision was made after a child drowned in one of the AOA pools in 2015. I read that there were 9 drownings in a matter of several years. It could be due to the fact they don't want to let pool hoppers in as well but I think the main reason is to be able to actually close the pool when lifeguards are not there.

It’s funny, we used the pool last week and have no idea what you’re talking about. We thought it was outstanding. Don’t miss what we never had. Can’t imagine it being significantly better without fences.

We were at Jambo Dec of 2014 and there were no fences. Is the system the same as the Poly, you use your MB to access the pool? THANKS!:goodvibes

I called Disney to cancel and the customer service I received was shocking. They just did not seem to care or want to help us in anyway! We got married on Disney Property in 2013 and this would be our 5 yr anniversary. I wish I'd never wasted my money getting married there. It's all Disney care about. So now we are staying on I'Drive and I have cancelled all my park tickets and dining reservations. Disgusted

I called Disney to cancel and the customer service I received was shocking. They just did not seem to care or want to help us in anyway! We got married on Disney Property in 2013 and this would be our 5 yr anniversary. I wish I'd never wasted my money getting married there. It's all Disney care about. So now we are staying on I'Drive and I have cancelled all my park tickets and dining reservations. Disgusted
Trust me, I "hear you". We have been DVC members since 2008 and I am dismayed with the customer service and with the lack of transparency and notification to members when it comes to renovation of properties. It is becoming SO DIFFICULT to make a reservation at 7 months, if that isn't difficult enough. Some members plan all the arrangements, are successful at making a reservation exactly at 7 months, only to find out on these boards, not directly from DVC, that pool closures or renovation will be occurring during their stay. Tired of hearing from DVC member satisfaction, "I will communicate your comments to management". I can well understand your frustration.:( ENJOY your vacation!:goodvibes

Why has this become a gripe board? It used to be so informational. The pool people have a right to be mad, but why not on their own thread? They deserve one. It’s impossible to find anything here that’s not pool related.
There have been a couple of separate threads about this already. Found this one in a search. AKL and Pool Rehab - Suggestions! It fell off page 1 along with others. ETA:
AKL or WL. Worried about WL pool closure and
Mara at AKL during pool closure

Better yet, there is also a DVC board so why don't you mention that as well.

Sorry folks are having problems with the info not getting to them. I have always had friendly, helpful CM's when calling to make reservations, dining, etc. If I have a major issue I contact Guest Relations. They welcome constructive feedback.

Last edited:
There have been a couple of separate threads about this already. Found this one in a search. AKL and Pool Rehab - Suggestions! It fell off page 1 along with others. ETA:
AKL or WL. Worried about WL pool closure and
Mara at AKL during pool closure

Better yet, there is also a DVC board so why don't you mention that as well.

Sorry folks are having problems with the info not getting to them. I have always had friendly, helpful CM's when calling to make reservations, dining, etc. If I have a major issue I contact Guest Relations. They welcome constructive feedback.

Totally agree. Guest Relations do their best, we don’t need to read about how people manhandled GR to express themselves-it may be necessary to do that from time to time, but not necessary to issue opinions of GR on this thread. I thought this thread was meant to provide information about Jambo and Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!