Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

The showers are open at the pool at Kidani. On our flight out day, 10 of us went to the pool, then showered and changed before catching Magical Express at 3 PM. This made the wait much more fun, since room check out is pretty fixed at 11 AM, and one of my adult daughters refuses to go to the park or Disney Springs on travel day, since it stresses her. So, the pool option, with shower, was worthwhile.

The showers are open at the pool at Kidani. On our flight out day, 10 of us went to the pool, then showered and changed before catching Magical Express at 3 PM. This made the wait much more fun, since room check out is pretty fixed at 11 AM, and one of my adult daughters refuses to go to the park or Disney Springs on travel day, since it stresses her. So, the pool option, with shower, was worthwhile.

Just confirming, when was this? Thanks.

We're leaving tomorrow (10/20) morning and have three pool noodles up for grabs if anyone wants them! It's been a great week for us at Kidani... this wasn't my first choice resort but I'm very glad we got to stay here. We've had amazing views and animals galore the entire week. The staff have been friendly, transportation has been great for us - we aren't rope drop people at all and hardly ever had to wait for a bus at either end, and bus rides have been reasonable. The availability of food hasn't been a huge issue because I knew about it and made other plans in advance - we did Doordash a couple of nights, ate at Sanaa, and resort-hopped. We've had a fantastic vacation, all things considered!

We did not visit the community hall in August as we were staying at Jambo. They did have pool games throughout the afternoon, including kid races and trivia.

Just confirming, when was this? Thanks.
I need to apologize. I was wrong.

I didn't go swimming myself. I went out and sat by the pool for a while and others in our group swam. Then I went inside and they came in an hour later. I assumed they had showered. But I just checked with them, because of your question, and they told me they went to the showers, but the showers were also closed. They just dried off and changed clothes.

So, I guess there are currently no showers by either pool.

Sorry.

It's been a great week for us at Kidani... this wasn't my first choice resort but I'm very glad we got to stay here. We've had amazing views and animals galore the entire week. The staff have been friendly, transportation has been great for us - we aren't rope drop people at all and hardly ever had to wait for a bus at either end, and bus rides have been reasonable. The availability of food hasn't been a huge issue because I knew about it and made other plans in advance - we did Doordash a couple of nights, ate at Sanaa, and resort-hopped. We've had a fantastic vacation, all things considered!
I love to hear that. I'm glad you enjoyed Kidani. As I have said before, I also love Kidani and think it, and Jambo are usually great options.

Hi everyone - we will need a crib for my 2yo at Kidani, savanna studio. Where does the crib fit? Does it fit to the side of the door in the foyer when you first enter the room? This is where we use it at The Beach Club - sort of behind the door when it's opened.

We will be at Kidani Village in a couple of weeks for four nights. Can anyone recommend a good place to get Door Dash Chinese food from? Thanks in advance!

None of the restaurants are open at Jambo and the store is not open either. The poolside bar has been open on some weekends With very limited food offerings.

What dining optioms are available at Jambo pls?
1. Eat in the parks at closing time, and then come home.

2. Take the bus to Disney Springs

3. Take an Uber to one of the other resorts or hotels and eat at their restaurants. You will need to use Uber or Lyft, because buses don't run from Kidani/Jambo to the other hotels.

4. Take the shuttle to Kidani, where you can either eat at Sanaa (usually plenty of room for Breakfast and Lunch) or RESERVE a dinner time, or use the Disney App to Reserve a pick up time for a take-out order.

5. Order out with Door Dash. This actually works quite well, and many people are doing it. In addition, the food on Door Dash probably is BETTER than the average food at most Disney parks, AND it costs significantly less.

6. Get a 1 Bedroom or 2 Bedroom unit. They will have a full kitchen. Go to Walmart.com or Green Grocery or someone and order food for your room. Keep it in your refrigerator and freezer and cook it on your stove and in your microwave.

That is about all I can think of. On our stay earlier this month, there were 15 of us with a 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom and a studio. We stayed at Kidani, but we did ALL of these things.

1. Eat in the parks at closing time, and then come home.

2. Take the bus to Disney Springs

3. Take an Uber to one of the other resorts or hotels and eat at their restaurants. You will need to use Uber or Lyft, because buses don't run from Kidani/Jambo to the other hotels.

4. Take the shuttle to Kidani, where you can either eat at Sanaa (usually plenty of room for Breakfast and Lunch) or RESERVE a dinner time, or use the Disney App to Reserve a pick up time for a take-out order.

5. Order out with Door Dash. This actually works quite well, and many people are doing it. In addition, the food on Door Dash probably is BETTER than the average food at most Disney parks, AND it costs significantly less.

6. Get a 1 Bedroom or 2 Bedroom unit. They will have a full kitchen. Go to Walmart.com or Green Grocery or someone and order food for your room. Keep it in your refrigerator and freezer and cook it on your stove and in your microwave.

That is about all I can think of. On our stay earlier this month, there were 15 of us with a 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom and a studio. We stayed at Kidani, but we did ALL of these things.
Thanks!

I posted this on the DVC thread also, so my apologies to anyone who sees it twice. Feel free to ignore/scroll on by. :) But, TIA for any help or suggestions!

Hello everyone! After years of WDW trips to my familiar resorts, mostly WL, we are now thinking that AKL, especially Kidani, would be a great choice for our granddaughter's first trip in early 2022. She will be 2.7 years old, and judging by her reaction when she saw a Kidani walk-through video yesterday, I think she will love it. I have always been partial to resorts with water transportation, which is why I always hesitated when my daughter kept suggesting it over the years. Well, now that we are in planning mode, I am getting really excited!
I will not ask all my questions at once, but start with the basics. As a non-DVC owner, I will do my usual routine of booking two rooms in the lodge whenever they become available and then trying to modify to a villa. How hard is it, usually, to get a cash 2BR villa? Our target date is first week of February 2022. Speaking of February, if it's cold, do the animals still roam around the savannahs?
We are thinking of a resort and granddaughter-centric trip, so any suggestions would be welcome! Also, I would like to avoid the experience we had at BWV with unending hallways just to get to an elevator, so suggestions about room location, even though it is so far off, would also be welcome. Any rumors about refurbishments?
OK, will stop now! TIA!!

I posted this on the DVC thread also, so my apologies to anyone who sees it twice. Feel free to ignore/scroll on by. :) But, TIA for any help or suggestions!

Hello everyone! After years of WDW trips to my familiar resorts, mostly WL, we are now thinking that AKL, especially Kidani, would be a great choice for our granddaughter's first trip in early 2022. She will be 2.7 years old, and judging by her reaction when she saw a Kidani walk-through video yesterday, I think she will love it. I have always been partial to resorts with water transportation, which is why I always hesitated when my daughter kept suggesting it over the years. Well, now that we are in planning mode, I am getting really excited!
I will not ask all my questions at once, but start with the basics. As a non-DVC owner, I will do my usual routine of booking two rooms in the lodge whenever they become available and then trying to modify to a villa. How hard is it, usually, to get a cash 2BR villa? Our target date is first week of February 2022. Speaking of February, if it's cold, do the animals still roam around the savannahs?
We are thinking of a resort and granddaughter-centric trip, so any suggestions would be welcome! Also, I would like to avoid the experience we had at BWV with unending hallways just to get to an elevator, so suggestions about room location, even though it is so far off, would also be welcome. Any rumors about refurbishments?
OK, will stop now! TIA!!
we just got back from 12 day stay in 2 bedroom. Message me any questions you have!!

Are the TVs smart TV (can access Hulu/Netflix) or DVD players in the room? Not sure if there is a difference between Jambo and Kidani.
Sorry another, do they still offer night vision goggles for animal viewing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter