Jambo

My stay in December is a mix of Value and Club level rooms. I have two sets of rooms.
Lucky? No, it took me a ton of time and work to put together day by day multiple times per day of checking for people walking off the days I needed.
I did not "cheat" by walking.

If they move us they're not going to have fun doing so. I feel bad for the cast member, but I will need to stand my ground that we're kept together and not moved to unacceptable locations/rooms. I have a list of no-gos.

Last edited:
I believe this person was moved to a split stay between Riviera and BLT. There should be no cash rooms available at BLT if Disney keeps to it's word.

** Thinking, there may be a possible exception to points traded out for collection rooms?

Disney only said they would not extend the life of their expiring points. They did not agree to not use the points they own.

It certainly would be nice for them to hold off, and I think we may see that once their resorts fully open..but until then, it certainly seems like they are going to follow the rules and pull what they can.

Disney only said they would not extend the life of their expiring points. They did not agree to not use the points they own.

It certainly would be nice for them to hold off, and I think we may see that once their resorts fully open..but until then, it certainly seems like they are going to follow the rules and pull what they can.
I just hope they get the waitlists up and working fully if they are going to do that. There’s so much wonkiness with them right now. Just yesterday I was able to grab a room in September that I’ve had a waitlist on by stalking and it never made it to my waitlist request. If I can do that Disney probably can too.

I have 1 night in September at Jambo in a CL studio. We have a week before that at OKW but wanted to just take 1-2 days to relax at the end of the trip. If I get asked to move over to Kidani I would ask for a couple meals to be comped in lieu of having the food & drink from the lounge (worth a shot lol).
I have 4 nights in a CL studio in september as well... I would not be happy to be kicked to the kidani....

I have 4 nights in a CL studio in september as well... I would not be happy to be kicked to the kidani....
We wanted to try it out to see if we would actually take advantage of the lounge so only booked one night at the end of the stay. Now we won't get to see what it is really like but I'm hoping they figure something out.

I don't want to perpetuate rumors as I know so little about this, but if they really are making Jambo the NBA bubble site, my understanding is that they would want to make it a true bubble and not have people coming in and out of the bubble site. Can Disney completely take away access to Jambo and the amenities there? The Mara is the only QS location for both Jambo and Kidani and the pools and fitness center are obviously used by guests of both resorts. This seems like such an odd choice given the logistics issues of the set up between Jambo and Kidani.
The cm call back list shows Mara as well as Victoria Falls as available position assignment s Sanna is lunch and Dinner only! So don’t think they plan on that tight a bubble maybe just lock off elevators to room floors and make it by key only

The following is my pure speculation/opinion and based on my limited understanding of the situation. I would venture to say that if you are currently booked at Jambo, your reservation is likely safe, and there is no reason to start stressing about being moved. Unless there is a problem with the room, I can’t see that Disney could move you to a room at Kidani without your agreement. It’s not a preference; it is a reservation at a particular resort.

As to the overall situation, if Disney decides to use its DVC points (for cash rooms) and points that they have because of people trading out to RCI, etc. in order to move (non-DVC) guests from one resort to Jambo, I think it actually could work well for DVC Members. It’s like they are renting their points at a discount. Disney will use up a large chunk of its points during a time where there will be relatively little demand, which will open up availability later down the road when demand begins to increase. In the future, they will not be able to hold back rooms for cash reservations, because they will have already used their points. So, there will be more availability for members to make reservations. Is my logic correct?

MFs for AKL won’t be impacted either way because Disney (is it DVCMC? or another acronym?) is technically a member of DVC and pays MFs and so can use the resort as any member would. Just because they may be one “guest” who is disproportionately using the resort doesn’t mean that the MFs for all the other members will go down. In effect, it is no different than if the resort was operating at 100% capacity under any other circumstances

But again, these are just my thoughts on the situation. I make no claim to be a DVC expert. 😁

FYI- we have June booking for once DVC opens up for a two bedroom at Jambo and we just got the call. They are booting us and the only option they tried to offer was Kidani. We made it clear that what they are doing and the reason why ( NBA OR MLS) we feel is wrong and we didn’t settle for what they offered. She is going back to management to see if they improve their offer!

FYI- we have June booking for once DVC opens up for a two bedroom at Jambo and we just got the call. They are booting us and the only option they tried to offer was Kidani. We made it clear that what they are doing and the reason why ( NBA OR MLS) we feel is wrong and we didn’t settle for what they offered. She is going back to management to see if they improve their offer!
Was it a resort cash reservation or DVC points?

Last edited:
We are booked Jambo house Sept 24-30th and we do NOT want to be at Kidani! This is insane! I am hopeful they offer more options!

We are DVC Jambo for July starting the 19th so this is really helpful to hear what they are offering. We will take Kidani but are booked for a 1-bedroom value so hopefully they will offer the regular 1 bedroom. If they are just working on June I suppose I sit tight for a couple weeks but finally some new information!

It was DVC points and we actually have Jambo as our home resort.
Ugh. We have a three bedroom villa for end of July on DVC points. The Kidani 3 bedroom is not equivalent. Did they say if Jambo will be open for any guests, even a private group? That makes a big difference for me, vs a complete closure due to Covid.

Ugh. We have a three bedroom villa for end of July on DVC points. The Kidani 3 bedroom is not equivalent. Did they say if Jambo will be open for any guests, even a private group? That makes a big difference for me, vs a complete closure due to Covid.

Jambo is not opening at this time. It seem as though it will open when WDW opens up there deluxe resorts,

IMO, they kept it closed because it doesn’t include that many DVC units and didn’t warrant keeping the entire thing open,

I bet they wish they could have done it with Wilderness Lodge too, but CCV is its own association, Jambo is just a building at the AKV resort.

It very well could be open by the time you get there as rumor is by then the deluxe resorts will have opened up. This coming week is supposed to give more news.

Jambo is not opening at this time. It seem as though it will open when WDW opens up there deluxe resorts,

IMO, they kept it closed because it doesn’t include that many DVC units and didn’t warrant keeping the entire thing open,

I bet they wish they could have done it with Wilderness Lodge too, but CCV is its own association, Jambo is just a building at the AKV resort.

It very well could be open by the time you get there as rumor is by then the deluxe resorts will have opened up. This coming week is supposed to give more news.
While that could be true- it doesn’t make sense that is is the only DVC not opening. The person on the phone couldn’t give us any info why which makes it more suspicious IMO that there is something more to it.

And I’m confused about you saying “Jambo is just a building at AKL” because my DVC contract is actually for Jambo House not Kidani.

While that could be true- it doesn’t make sense that is is the only DVC not opening. The person on the phone couldn’t give us any info why which makes it more suspicious IMO that there is something more to it.

And I’m confused about you saying “Jambo is just a building at AKL” because my DVC contract is actually for Jambo House not Kidani.

Yes, you are deeded there, but I own at SSR and am deeded at one of the buildings, but it’s still one resort

AKV is one resort, which is why owners can book 11 months at both, So, technically, with Kidani open, its open.

Disney can take rooms out of service and maybe in this case, it was due to staffing, and phased openings.

Of course, this is speculation on my part, but it does make sense to me, especially with CL not being open..at least until AKL opens

Waiting, one night in a CL Studio, 3 nights 2bd Value in July. While a 2bd value at Kidani would technically be an upgrade... we wanted Jambo and REALLY wanted that CL. Hopefully they'll offer more than just Kidani.

If they don’t want to open AK Jambo why is the Mara and Victoria Falls on the call back list of options for cm’s

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter