• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JAN 1st departure, nerves!

DisAlicia22

DisneySwiftie13
I'm flying delta from providence to orlando on Jan. 1st..im a little nervous. Any ideas on how to not be so nervous the day we leave? I don't want it to ruin our first day at disney!!

I usually try to resolve myself that flights leave all day every day without much happening but the good stuff. Anyway, what will be will be.........If all else fails, take a bit of Nyquil before you leave for the airport. That is, if you are not the driver to the airport. Maybe your doctor can give you something for nerves--not that I am such an advocate of drugs. I have been feeling more anxious myself lately. So I have thought it all through.

We're leaving Jan. 1st and if I think about it I can talk myself into being nervous. I agree with the previous poster that planes take off and land every day. What will be will be and like my dh says if something God forbid were to happen we are all together.

We're flying from SMF to MCO on the 1st...follow this prescription to remedy the nerves; 1) Begin day with coffee, tomato juice, and orange juice. 2) Pour Kahlua into coffee, vodka into tomato juice and champagne into orange juice. 3) Toast the New Year and be thrilled as you can be that you are travelling to the most wonderful place imaginable!!;)

Take your shoes off as soon as you get on the plane! Really! It works to relax me everytime. I have a ritual that I go through. I take off my shoes and play Guess Who with my DD during take off. Try bringing a great book or talking to someone as you take off. You'll be fine!

Walt's Buddy and I would make GREAT flying companions...........
Thanks for my first BIG laugh of the day:smooth:

Walt's Buddy--that sounds like a good recipe before the holidays with my sister-in-law. If I have all that, I won't be bothered by her at all!!!

Thanks for the recipe.

Hey Muffy, wasn't the advice that they gave Bruce Willis in Die Hard?

My 2 cents, I love flying on New Years Day. The flights usually aren't that full, and the flight attendants tend to make it a little more fun (especially SW) I can suggest being really hung over so you don't notice the difference. That notwithstanding, keep singing to yourself..."It's A Small World After All". If the person across the isle from you gets annoying...sing it louder...let the whole plane join in.....

Have FUN!!!
Wish I were going too...
:bounce:

I have no idea as I have never seen Die Hard! Did my post really sound like a quote from some movie?!

Actuually, it was the opening scene. BW was on a plane, nervous about meeting his wife at the Nakatomi Tower, and it was the passenger next to him asked him if he wanted to know the secret to surviving air travel...When you get to where you are going, take off your shoes and your socks. Then walk barefoot of the carpet making fists with your toes.

A minor plot in the movie is that he was barefoot from trying this when the "Baddies" showed up.....
Good movie if you like action/adventure. It also has cops eating doughnuts and terrorists/thieves getting the begeezers beat out of them by BW.

It is a little different than what you suggested, but may have been that before modification to fit the plot.

(OK, after reading your post I went back and re-watched the scene in the movie);)

:bounce:

You are so funny! Just take off your shoes right now and get it over with!

That is like one of my favorite shows--Die hard --and I thought the exact same thing when saw to take shoes off. :) Amazing how some scenes stick with us, but then Die hard (all of them) are classics anyway. Have a magical day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter