January 12th 2019 Eastern Carribean on the Fantasy

Congrats! While we aren’t seasoned cruisers by far, it is a really great way to vacation!

I didn’t get any interest for a FE group on these boards, but apparently there is one organized on Facebook, but I am not sure how organized that is, and we aren’t allowed to link to it here!

My husband and I are excited about this cruise. This is our 3rd DCL cruise but first kid free! I would like to be a part of a fish extender group if there are any interested. I saw one or two people bring it up. I am happy to organize or participate, even if it just a free of us.

Hi All,
So it seems there are a few people on here who are interested in doing a Fish Extender through these boards. I would love to organize it for all of us to participate, but will need to set a cutoff date early, to allow for everyone participating to gather gifts. Seeing as this cruise leaves a few weeks after Christmas, i would propose to set a registration date cutoff of November 17th, and i can gather all the info and put out a group tally with info for everyone by Wednesday November 21st. This allows enough time to gather/make/plan gifts for the FE group, and still allow time for Holidays and life outside of these boards.

I will post below this with all the guidelines and how to join up!

Thanks!

Took this from one of our prior cruises FE groups and it seemed to work well.

Joining The FE Group

If you would like to join this FE group, then simply register your interest by replying to this thread. You can include the information requested in your reply to this thread (keep in mind this will be public). If you do not wish to share your information publicly, reply here and then you can PM me with your information.

Family Name:
Deck Level (if known):
Cabin Number (if known):
Adults (Name & Favorite Character):
Children (Name, Age, Favorite Character):

How will the FE list work?
As each family signs up to the thread, their details will be entered into a spreadsheet. A finalized version of the spreadsheet will be released once we reach the cut-off/confirmation date (see below for explanations). We will attempt to keep all participants on one list. However, sometimes, there are just so many cruisers wanting to partake in this magical experience that participants may be divided between two or more lists. In the event of needing two or more lists, we will try to distribute participating cabins and people as evenly as possible.

FE Registration Cut-Off Date
All families must register their interest to join the FE group, by posting a reply with the above mentioned details, by November 17th 2018. This is to allow people ample time to make/purchase their FE gifts, and ensure they can deliver to all those registered on the list.

FE Participation Re-Confirmation Date
ALL registered families must CONFIRM their participation by December 1, 2018. This is so the FE list(s) can be finalized. Of course, your situation regarding cruising may change at the last minute and that cannot be helped, but re-confirmation just ensures no one has changed their minds or cancelled their sailing and forgot to say so.

FE Gifts
Please remember that this is not a competition to produce the biggest or most expensive gift; it is about sharing the Disney magic. You can do gifts for every individual or each family on your list, the choice is yours. Some people like to personalize gifts, so you may find additional information is requested as we get closer to the cruise – for example: first names, favorite Disney characters, etc.

However, please be mindful that not all cruisers are from the USA. This means your fellow cruisers may have to consider customs, quarantine and luggage allowance regulations on their return journeys home. Also, for overseas cruisers, please make sure that the gifts you are bringing are acceptable imports to the USA; we wouldn’t want you to have them seized at immigration/quarantine/customs!

Delivering Your FE Gifts
It is great not to have a specific time to deliver FE gifts, as it means they start to trickle in all day, every day, as the cruise progresses! However, you should attempt to deliver your FE gifts by 5pm on the last full day, so that families have time to remove their FE, pack, and have luggage ready to go for the disembarkation luggage service.

Family Name: Magdaleno
Deck Level (if known): 6
Cabin Number (if known): 6070
Adults (Name & Favorite Character): Juan and Lorissa (Anything Lion King for me and Baymax for Lorissa)
Children (Name, Age, Favorite Character): Lucas will be 3 and loves Lightning McQueen

Family Name: Mawhinney
Deck Level (if known): 2
Cabin Number (if known): 2506
Adults (Name & Favorite Character): Johnny - Maui and Genie, Jennifer - Ariel and Figment
Children (Name, Age, Favorite Character): NA

Adults (Name & Favorite Character): Johnny - Maui and Genie, Jennifer - Ariel and Figment
Added to the spreadsheet as Family number 2!

HI All,
Just a reminder to please reply here using the template above if you would like to participate in the DisBoards Fish Extender group for this cruise date!
Thanks!

Took this from one of our prior cruises FE groups and it seemed to work well.

Joining The FE Group

If you would like to join this FE group, then simply register your interest by replying to this thread. You can include the information requested in your reply to this thread (keep in mind this will be public). If you do not wish to share your information publicly, reply here and then you can PM me with your information.

Family Name:
Deck Level (if known):
Cabin Number (if known):
Adults (Name & Favorite Character):
Children (Name, Age, Favorite Character):

How will the FE list work?
As each family signs up to the thread, their details will be entered into a spreadsheet. A finalized version of the spreadsheet will be released once we reach the cut-off/confirmation date (see below for explanations). We will attempt to keep all participants on one list. However, sometimes, there are just so many cruisers wanting to partake in this magical experience that participants may be divided between two or more lists. In the event of needing two or more lists, we will try to distribute participating cabins and people as evenly as possible.

FE Registration Cut-Off Date
All families must register their interest to join the FE group, by posting a reply with the above mentioned details, by November 17th 2018. This is to allow people ample time to make/purchase their FE gifts, and ensure they can deliver to all those registered on the list.

FE Participation Re-Confirmation Date
ALL registered families must CONFIRM their participation by December 1, 2018. This is so the FE list(s) can be finalized. Of course, your situation regarding cruising may change at the last minute and that cannot be helped, but re-confirmation just ensures no one has changed their minds or cancelled their sailing and forgot to say so.

FE Gifts
Please remember that this is not a competition to produce the biggest or most expensive gift; it is about sharing the Disney magic. You can do gifts for every individual or each family on your list, the choice is yours. Some people like to personalize gifts, so you may find additional information is requested as we get closer to the cruise – for example: first names, favorite Disney characters, etc.

However, please be mindful that not all cruisers are from the USA. This means your fellow cruisers may have to consider customs, quarantine and luggage allowance regulations on their return journeys home. Also, for overseas cruisers, please make sure that the gifts you are bringing are acceptable imports to the USA; we wouldn’t want you to have them seized at immigration/quarantine/customs!

Delivering Your FE Gifts
It is great not to have a specific time to deliver FE gifts, as it means they start to trickle in all day, every day, as the cruise progresses! However, you should attempt to deliver your FE gifts by 5pm on the last full day, so that families have time to remove their FE, pack, and have luggage ready to go for the disembarkation luggage service.

Adults (Name & Favorite Character): Juan and Lorissa (Anything Lion King for me and Baymax for Lorissa)
Children (Name, Age, Favorite Character): Lucas will be 3 and loves Lightning McQueen

is it to late to get in on this? just booked the cruise this week?
Hey there! No not at all, so far you would be family #3 so it will be small and easy. Go ahead and post your info if you have it and I’ll add you.

I will finalize the list by the end of this week, 11/30, so we can get the gifts together

Not sure if anyone checks this thread, but I’m not on FB so if someone could relay this request over there if a discussion group has formed: My wife and I want to do the Tree Limin’ Zipline excursion in St. Thomas but currently could only book with separate times of 8:45 & 9:45am. It is now sold out. If anyone is booked and will be cancelling for any reason, whether it be 1 person or a group: Please let me know ahead of time so we could coordinate the cancellation/booking and get my wife and I together. Thanks in advance if anyone can help in any way!

Not sure if anyone checks this thread, but I’m not on FB so if someone could relay this request over there if a discussion group has formed: My wife and I want to do the Tree Limin’ Zipline excursion in St. Thomas but currently could only book with separate times of 8:45 & 9:45am. It is now sold out. If anyone is booked and will be cancelling for any reason, whether it be 1 person or a group: Please let me know ahead of time so we could coordinate the cancellation/booking and get my wife and I together. Thanks in advance if anyone can help in any way!
Not on FB either here, sorry I can’t be of help. I can ask my wife to check it out on the post as she is in the FB group for this cruising, will let you know if anyone comments back with anything

Hey There, looks like just our 2 families for a fish extender from these boards. Our info is below again. Look forward to delivering your goodies onboard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!