*** January 2019 Thread ***

We booked our trip Jan 26th - Feb 2nd. I booked AOA a little mermaid room was so tickled with the price and I love the decor. My teenage son was not as excited, "Mom isn't there anywhere else", lol. He managed to talk me into a split POP and BLT stay, he did not have to beg too much. So excited and ready to start planning.

How did I not know this thread existed until now!

My DP (on the boards as @DisSteve89) and I will be back in the States in January 2019! Coming form Australia we want to make the most of our time overseas so we are spending Jan 1-5 at Disneyland and then Jan 6-19 at Disney World! I work in a school and DP is currently studying so are very limited on the dates we can travel and can only do longer stays over our end of year break which is 5 weeks long. We have already booked our flights and accommodation a few weeks ago and will be staying at All Star Movies.

We managed to get lucky with all of our flights as they all arrive early in the morning and leave late in the evening so it means that we will essentially have 5 full park days at Disneyland and almost 14 full park days at Disney World, which is our longest stay at Disney yet!

We have already done our planning for our dinning and are now just eagerly awaiting the 180 day window to open so we can try and book them all in...we may just be a bit excited about the trip, so much time in the parks to wander around and hopefully so many new restaurants to eat at!!!

We booked our trip Jan 26th - Feb 2nd. I booked AOA a little mermaid room was so tickled with the price and I love the decor. My teenage son was not as excited, "Mom isn't there anywhere else", lol. He managed to talk me into a split POP and BLT stay, he did not have to beg too much. So excited and ready to start planning.

Welcome, @Momfoaj! I added you to the roll call. My teenage sons would probably have the same reaction to AoA... :rolleyes1

How did I not know this thread existed until now!

My DP (on the boards as @DisSteve89) and I will be back in the States in January 2019! Coming form Australia we want to make the most of our time overseas so we are spending Jan 1-5 at Disneyland and then Jan 6-19 at Disney World! I work in a school and DP is currently studying so are very limited on the dates we can travel and can only do longer stays over our end of year break which is 5 weeks long. We have already booked our flights and accommodation a few weeks ago and will be staying at All Star Movies.

We managed to get lucky with all of our flights as they all arrive early in the morning and leave late in the evening so it means that we will essentially have 5 full park days at Disneyland and almost 14 full park days at Disney World, which is our longest stay at Disney yet!

We have already done our planning for our dinning and are now just eagerly awaiting the 180 day window to open so we can try and book them all in...we may just be a bit excited about the trip, so much time in the parks to wander around and hopefully so many new restaurants to eat at!!!

Welcome, @harddrive! What an awesome trip! I still haven't been to Disneyland, but I may be going to a work conference in San Diego next year so I will definitely add on a few vacation days to check it out. 14 full days at the World... sounds fantastic!

We will be at the Polynesian as well!! It’s our kids first time. I can’t wait to experience Disney through them

That's awesome! It will certainly be different but we are excited as well to experience Disney with a little one! Hope you and your family have a wonderful trip!

I need some advice from the Disney pros. We are a family of five with 7yr old and 5yr old daughters and a 13 month old son. We have six day tickets (no hoppers). How would you break up the parks? We will definitely do two days at least at MK but what other park should we visit twice or should we do mk 3 times?

I need some advice from the Disney pros. We are a family of five with 7yr old and 5yr old daughters and a 13 month old son. We have six day tickets (no hoppers). How would you break up the parks? We will definitely do two days at least at MK but what other park should we visit twice or should we do mk 3 times?

2 days MK, 2 days AK, 1 day Epcot, 1 day HS

I just booked for 1/7 through 1/15. Our family Christmas Gift this year. :)

Kenny the pirate has his hours out!

I hate how the parks close at 8. I looked at last years hours in January and it was the same. It wouldn't be quite as big of a deal, but the pools close at 8 too from what I remember reading. I know it can be to cool to swim sometimes, but last time we went in February (2016) the pools were open until 11, and we got to enjoy them every night after the parks. We are early risers, but the thought of being back at the resort by 9 with nothing to do kinda stinks.

Will just take advantage of PM EMH. Maybe take a night to go to DS, then a night at the arcade. Guess that'll be 4 nights (of our 7) right there. We will most likely drive this time too, so I guess we'll have a car if we want to go do something.

Jan 30 to Feb 6 (JUST made the Jan thread!)
Booked a flight (got a great deal).
Haven't booked the resort yet. Jan 2017 was Ft. Wilderness Cabin - Jan 2016 POFQ. THIS trip thinking saving money and staying for the first time at POP.

I would only do MK twice, EPCOT once. Take a look at the attractions at AK and HS and see which tier one rides you definitely want to do and plan your return park from there... For example, if you really want to do the two new rides in Toy Story Land in HS, which are both tier one, you may have to go back there on a second day because you can only get a FP for one and you may not get on the other via standby or a later FP. Hope that makes sense!

Jan 30 to Feb 6 (JUST made the Jan thread!)
Booked a flight (got a great deal).
Haven't booked the resort yet. Jan 2017 was Ft. Wilderness Cabin - Jan 2016 POFQ. THIS trip thinking saving money and staying for the first time at POP.

Welcome, @StageTek! I added you to the roll call with a TBD for your resort! Happy planning!

I hate how the parks close at 8. I looked at last years hours in January and it was the same. It wouldn't be quite as big of a deal, but the pools close at 8 too from what I remember reading. I know it can be to cool to swim sometimes, but last time we went in February (2016) the pools were open until 11, and we got to enjoy them every night after the parks. We are early risers, but the thought of being back at the resort by 9 with nothing to do kinda stinks.

Will just take advantage of PM EMH. Maybe take a night to go to DS, then a night at the arcade. Guess that'll be 4 nights (of our 7) right there. We will most likely drive this time too, so I guess we'll have a car if we want to go do something.

Yeah, MK hours are slashed compared to our trip in 2016. I'm going over MLK and it will be crowded. Couldn't believe MK closing at 8:00 so I also looked up the calendar from last year. Same thing!! They're saving money I guess, plus more time that people can go to Disney Springs and spend their money. It's a win win for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter