January 2019

How are Disney Visa members notified of January discounts? If I’m checking Disney’s site, should I also be checking my Disney visa site? Or would they send an email?
Thanks so much! I’ll be following this thread.

I think at least one year I first saw offer in a mailing from DisneyVisa....I seem to recall it was not with my bill but other....and might have been like large postcard. But most of the time I saw it on the internet on this or another Disneyboard.....

I am booking through an agent, should I get the credit card? Will that help me at all in anyway? I don’t even know where to begin with reading about this. Seems like the benefits of getting an interest rate card would be smarter. I guess that depends on how long it takes me to pay it all off LOL

I am booking through an agent, should I get the credit card? Will that help me at all in anyway? I don’t even know where to begin with reading about this. Seems like the benefits of getting an interest rate card would be smarter. I guess that depends on how long it takes me to pay it all off LOL

You can get the same discounts with the Chase Disney Debit card, no fees, no interest rate, no worries.

I honestly have ALWAYS found out about deals first here on the DIS, lol. Somebody finds out and then we all know! Sometimes I get emails later in the day, sometimes I never get the email.

Me too. Always here on the DIS. I have NEVER gotten an e-mail from Chase about a Disney resort discount.

This is my first time booking a trip to Disney. Already have reservations made and a discount will be a bonus. In recently signed up for the Disney credit card (no fee one) for the small perks and possibility of a discount for credit card holders. Do they usually get discounts earlier than public? Is it out on the Disney site with the other offers? I check the Disney site daily but want to see if I should be checking elsewhere too. Thank you!

I am checking this page too: https://disneyrewards.com/offers/

If you book a room before the discounts are announced, and then make a change in your reservation to get the discount, do you lose your dining and FP reservations, since you have to cancel your room before booking another?

If you book a room before the discounts are announced, and then make a change in your reservation to get the discount, do you lose your dining and FP reservations, since you have to cancel your room before booking another?
Nope all dining and fastpass stay as long as whole reservation isn’t cancelled in total. Just check to verify after the change has been made. If something does change call Disney and ask for their tech dept, they can see all changes to a reservation and reverse them.

Are there specific rooms associated with the Disney Visa room discount or can I apply the discount to any existing reservation?

I think I have a decent AKL rate but it would of course be better with a Disney Visa discount!

Are there specific rooms associated with the Disney Visa room discount or can I apply the discount to any existing reservation?

I think I have a decent AKL rate but it would of course be better with a Disney Visa discount!

We were able to use our Disney Visa discount on an AKL standard room in January 2018. It ended up only being $20 more per night than our non-discounted POFQ room.

Last year there was a combined Jan/Feb discount thread and as of Sept 24th we were 13 pages in. This year we have separate Jan and Feb threads and each only has 5 pages of comments. I'm somewhat surprised how little activity the boards generate in terms of discussion around discounts for that time of year, lol.

Just a strange observation...Also figured I'd share this again for anybody new here who didn't see it previously - the latest deals for Jan/Feb has ever been released is 2 weeks from tomorrow so we are definitely getting close!

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine & Room Only Discounts:

2018 Travel - released 10/3/17 VISA, released 10/3/17 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add'l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's been rumors EVERY year since then that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out:https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2018-calculation-thread.3638155/ *(there are also threads for '15, '16 and '17 linked in the first comment on the 2018 thread)

Something to keep an eye on - the NEW ticket system comes out Oct 16th. Hopefully those Jan/Feb discounts come out before then OR it could add another layer of complexity to your trip planning.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-ticket-system-coming-to-wdw-begins-october-16th.3708051/

I have a feeling this is why they are so late in announcing any discounts. I'm not sure how I feel about this system. I'm worried it's going to negatively affect the possibility of the Salute promo.

I have a feeling this is why they are so late in announcing any discounts. I'm not sure how I feel about this system. I'm worried it's going to negatively affect the possibility of the Salute promo.
They aren't late in announcing the normal public SPD & room only discounts. I think you're referencing some other discount that may be late though (military)? At any rate, until 2 more weeks pass with no discounts, SPD and Room Only are still basically on schedule. It will be interesting to see if those are delayed or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts