January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

People are mentioning seeing dates opening up online and calling only to be put on hold.

My suggestion is that if you see something you want open, your best option might be to book a new reservation yourself at that time and then cancel your first one. Yes, you will be required to pay a second $200 deposit but, you will secure what you want. For every minute you are on hold or working your way through the phone questions, someone else may see the same offer you did and snag it.

I've found this to good way to grab what I want then I cancel the one I no longer need.

Am I missing something or is the VISA Discount the same as the Gift of the Magic at Pop? I currently have gift of magic but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on more!
I believe it's same as gift of magic except for at certain resorts (9 of them have a deeper discount). Also the availability (room categories, etc.) could vary from gift of magic.

People are mentioning seeing dates opening up online and calling only to be put on hold.

My suggestion is that if you see something you want open, your best option might be to book a new reservation yourself at that time and then cancel your first one. Yes, you will be required to pay a second $200 deposit but, you will secure what you want. For every minute you are on hold or working your way through the phone questions, someone else may see the same offer you did and snag it.

I've found this to good way to grab what I want then I cancel the one I no longer need.

I think this is a great idea. I know the CMs work hard and they are busy but i don't know anyone who could be on hold for that long.... The only thing that's weird is i saw a pool view only online with gift of magic but when I called she was able to book me a standard with the discount...very bizarre.

I have a question about the dining plan. We are splitting up our stay between two resorts for the first time this Jan. We are doing the PSD the first 5 nights at POR Riverside and then going over to YC with a room only reservation for the last 2 nights. I know you have until midnight the day you check out to use your dining credits, but would anything be affected by checking into YC that same day. I was planning to use our dining credits that whole 6th day. Thanks

I have a question about the dining plan. We are splitting up our stay between two resorts for the first time this Jan. We are doing the PSD the first 5 nights at POR Riverside and then going over to YC with a room only reservation for the last 2 nights. I know you have until midnight the day you check out to use your dining credits, but would anything be affected by checking into YC that same day. I was planning to use our dining credits that whole 6th day. Thanks
you have until midnight of the day you check out of POR to use your credits even though you will check into the yc at some point that same day.

How does the Magic Band work for split stays. You could potentially get a second set of bands for the second stay, and your tickets are attached to the first stay. Do you have to use the two different bands, one for the parks and finishing up your food credits and one for the room on the second stay?

I personally think that there was very few rooms allocated for Pop this year. It seems more people are filling the parks off season, so that off season no longer exists. Pop is the more popular value resort, and although some people don't agree with this, the more people book the fewer rooms become available. And I know, trust me, I do it...if I definitely want to stay at Pop, I'm booking the room because we have run into the no more rooms available, even at rack rate. So if everyone, or most people do the same thing, there will be less rooms for the offer. This is what I've heard and been told and I do believe it.

We also need to take into consideration that Pop is undergoing a huge renovation so at any given time somewhere between 288 and 576 rooms are unavailable due to the renovations which takes a lot of rooms out of inventory. Hopefully once the renovations are complete we will see more availability at Pop. Time will tell....

How does the Magic Band work for split stays.

Any and all Magic Bands that are Active on your My Disney Experience account will work for the entire trip.

You could potentially get a second set of bands for the second stay, and your tickets are attached to the first stay. Do you have to use the two different bands, one for the parks and finishing up your food credits and one for the room on the second stay?

Nothing is attached to the Magic Bands, they are a way to access your My Disney Experience account. Think of the Magic Bands like debit cards and your entitlements (resort room, dining credits, tickets, Memory Maker, etc.) like $$ in the bank. Any active Magic Band gives you access to your entitlements just like any active debit card gives you access to your $$.

Finally, success... Changed my cabin reservation this morning to two standard view rooms at Coronado Springs. It still isn't my top choice - I was looking for CBR in anything but a pirate room - but it is a close second so I'm happy with it. :)

Now, the big question... Do I stop stalking the site now, or do I keep looking to see if a lower room category at CBR opens up?

Finally scored a discount on my Pop 2 night stay in January. But, of course, even though the 2 nights were available, the system would only book them as 2 separate nights.

At this point, I have already paid for 3 nights of my 6 night stay (the other 4 at AKL), and have a $26 credit at Pop. But at least I am done looking for discounts!

Any and all Magic Bands that are Active on your My Disney Experience account will work for the entire trip.

Nothing is attached to the Magic Bands, they are a way to access your My Disney Experience account. Think of the Magic Bands like debit cards and your entitlements (resort room, dining credits, tickets, Memory Maker, etc.) like $$ in the bank. Any active Magic Band gives you access to your entitlements just like any active debit card gives you access to your $$.
Much obliged.....thanx.

Finally, success... Changed my cabin reservation this morning to two standard view rooms at Coronado Springs. It still isn't my top choice - I was looking for CBR in anything but a pirate room - but it is a close second so I'm happy with it. :)

Now, the big question... Do I stop stalking the site now, or do I keep looking to see if a lower room category at CBR opens up?
You couldn't possibly stop stalking the site, now can you? LOL!

I believe it's same as gift of magic except for at certain resorts (9 of them have a deeper discount). Also the availability (room categories, etc.) could vary from gift of magic.
I've been stalking since Monday. Booked 3 nights post cruise at the end of February 2018, and continued to look
for a 35% Disney Visa discount at a Deluxe. This afternoon I changed my Value Disney Visa Discount to a Deluxe Accessible Pool View with queen and bunk beds Disney Visa discount 35% at AKL . I don't need the bunk beds but that was the only accessible available when I last looked.
Pre cruise I am staying with rack at All Star Movies accessible since 2 of my days are blacked out
and only got a slight discount on Feb 15th, 2018.

Sorry if this has been asked, is it possible to modify a reservation to the Disney Visa discount? I have the CBR offer with the gift cards and don't want to lose it, but would save quite a bit with this offer. I can switch to the regular one, but this one isn't popping up.

Sorry if this has been asked, is it possible to modify a reservation to the Disney Visa discount? I have the CBR offer with the gift cards and don't want to lose it, but would save quite a bit with this offer. I can switch to the regular one, but this one isn't popping up.
Once I had my special booked with the disney visa I was able to go into the reservation online and change the resort and kept the disney visa Rate. If you are moving from one special offer
to another you will have to call. Don't think you can combine offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!