Japan 2024 AbD or Natgeo?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
hi
I'm planning a trip to Japan in 2024 (maybe summer as would like to see fireworks festivals), or in Sept (as halloween in TDL seems cool and Fantasy Springs should be open by then)....
I'm deciding between AbD (love the service) and Natgeo (never travelled with them, but itinerary is very appealing)... have you taken any Natgeo expeditions? how do they compare with AbD?

For the ones that have been in Abd Japan this year, what were the highlights of your trips?

also, do you have a recommended travel agency? i have booked with DreamsUnlimited, but with all noise around it these days, would be prefer to have an option.

All thoughts and tips are welcomed!

Thanks

I did the Japan ABD before Covid, so it's not 100% still the same itinerary, but I'd say most of it aside from Tokyo is pretty much the same. It is a FABULOUS itinerary, and covers some really special things. The rickshaw ride through the bamboo forest in Kyoto was absolutely magical, and something I'd never heard of. The same for the village of Shirakawa-go. And visiting the dojo was fascinating. The Taiko drumming lessons were tremendous fun! There were *SO* many highlights of this trip!

I haven't done NatGeo, so I can't do any sort of comparison. But if you have any questions about the trip, let me know!!

It's currently tied with New Zealand for the #1 spot out of my 13 ABDs. I haven't fully processed New Zealand yet to see if it surpasses Japan. :)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter