Jewel of the Seas - Feb 2024

scrappinmom

WDW, DL & DLP - up next ???
Hi everyone! Long time Dis'r - First time cruiser o_O & while I would love to take a DCL cruise, that's not quite in budget just yet. A friend of mine asked me to go with her on a Southern Caribbean, Jewel of the Seas next Feb. Looking for tips/insights & info on any of our ports. I am about to pout over the general cruise stuff here, but I'll take anything you've got!

Ports: San Juan, Bridgetown-Barbados, Port of Spain-Trinidad, Scarborough-Tobago, Castries-St Lucia, Phillipsburg-St. Maarten

Thanks

Ports: San Juan, Bridgetown-Barbados, Port of Spain-Trinidad, Scarborough-Tobago, Castries-St Lucia, Phillipsburg-St. Maarten
I've got a few suggestions on some of these ports. However, what you do is somewhat dependent on your physical abilities and your likes/dislikes. We are older and prefer shopping more than exciting, high speed boat excursions, FWIW.

In San Juan, you will want to tour the city. It's easy to do this on your own if you don't mind a bit of walking. You can walk from the dock up the hill to Castillo san Cristibal, explore the fort then walk from there to El Morro and explore that old fort. From there, walk downhill back to the port stopping in some of the shops along the way.

In Phillipsburg, we are happy enough just getting off the ship and shopping in the area right there. But lots of people love to take a beach excursion from the ship or a tour of the island.

Thanks, I'm fairly physically active but nothing too crazy so it's good to know there are options. I'm thinking of getting into San Juan a few days early just to explore.

I'm thinking of getting into San Juan a few days early just to explore.
If your cruise is leaving from San Juan, just be aware that your ship will not be docked at the foot of Old San Juan which is what I was assuming in my comment above.

We are also considering this cruise (or similar on the Jewel). Only cruised disney before and so lots of questions. So what is included? I know there are drinks packages instead of helping yourself to soda, but what about ice cream or the equivalent of the Disney pool deck burgers etc. Room service?

The kids clubs and pools are included, but what about things like the climbing wall or mini golf? We are in a standard inside room, can we only eat in the main dining room at night or are there any other restaurants that don't charge extra?

I will do some reasearch but are any of the ports above on bus routes? We're generally pretty independent travellers and enjoy just exploring.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter