Johnny Rockets-Oasis

DizneyNutz

DIS Veteran
The DW and I had a late Aqua Theater time and missed dinner. We planned on eating at Johnny Rockets afterwards (a paid meal). The DW does NOT eat pink burger, so she specifically asked the server to cook her burger VERY well done and she assured us that ALL their burgers were cooked done. Well, after I had said, I do NOT want leftover fries (there was a mountain of them already cooked and by the fryer) we were presented with hot (refried) fries, and barely warm onion rings. When our burgers came to the table, the DW bit into hers and it was RAW! I will eat red/pink meat and I would not have eaten this burger!!!! We stood up and said, we are done!! We went back to our cabin and called ordered room service via the TV app. The DW called and told them the burgers needed to be WELL done, within 20 minutes we had yummy burgers (done) and hot fries! We do not recommend JR and would never go there again.

Terrible experience. Did they at least comp your Johnny Rockets bill when you complained?

The DW and I had a late Aqua Theater time and missed dinner. We planned on eating at Johnny Rockets afterwards (a paid meal). The DW does NOT eat pink burger, so she specifically asked the server to cook her burger VERY well done and she assured us that ALL their burgers were cooked done. Well, after I had said, I do NOT want leftover fries (there was a mountain of them already cooked and by the fryer) we were presented with hot (refried) fries, and barely warm onion rings. When our burgers came to the table, the DW bit into hers and it was RAW! I will eat red/pink meat and I would not have eaten this burger!!!! We stood up and said, we are done!! We went back to our cabin and called ordered room service via the TV app. The DW called and told them the burgers needed to be WELL done, within 20 minutes we had yummy burgers (done) and hot fries! We do not recommend JR and would never go there again.

MMMMMM :) :) Double-down fries are our favorite. It's the only way to make them properly;)

I actually think the burgers at Windjammer are far better than Johnnie rockets

Not at all. We had an awesome cruise and booked another while on board. Just letting people know of our experience at JR. Thanks

We had a bad experience for breakfast at JR. Have had good JR on land but don't think I'd go out of my way to have it on the ship.

Does the Johnny Rockets onboard serve their same food as you can get at a Johnny Rockets on land? Or is it just Royal Caribbean food? Is the menu the same as the one on land?

I have only eaten lunch/dinner on land and only breakfast on the ship so can't help with that question.

Does the Johnny Rockets onboard serve their same food as you can get at a Johnny Rockets on land? Or is it just Royal Caribbean food? Is the menu the same as the one on land?

I believe it is 100% Johnnie Rockets food, but appears to be a slightly smaller menu. I also had breakfast there and honestly, I would pass on this place for anything other than the milkshakes.

Sorry to hear about your experience. We are at Johnny Rockets on our last sailing and really enjoyed it

We are at Johnny Rockets on our last sailing and really enjoyed it

We at at Oasis JR in December and really enjoyed it too. Breakfast twice and to go lunch once. Must have just been an off day. Curious if it suffers from issues when the location is busier—not that that's a valid reason for poor quality service.

I actually think the burgers at Windjammer are far better than Johnnie rockets

Yikes, I'd have to disagree. Windjammer burgers alway seem to taste like they've been steamed to me and require a lot of toppings to get good flavor. Also the burger buns don't seem to be as good of quality in Windjammer.

That makes me wonder if they bake the buns for JR/Windjammer/Wipe Out onboard like they do all their pastries and rolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter