Join us on a Private VIP RIP Tour 9/29

tran1172

Earning My Ears
hhnvip.jpg

Macraven ok'ed me (thanks!) to post this as a separate thread...some of this information is from a posting I made last year when I organized a tour.

Hi everyone. I booked an HHN Private VIP RIP Tour for Saturday, 9/29. I have some extra spaces available so please join us!

Here are some benefits as listed on Universal's HHN website:
  • Front-of-the-line entry to haunted houses (once per house, subject to itinerary and event operating hours)
  • V.I.P. entrance to Universal Studios Florida™ for the event
  • Commemorative R.I.P. Tour credential with lanyard
  • Complimentary standard valet parking
  • Pre-tour reception in Cafe La Bamba™
  • Access to exclusive cash bar locations (must be 21+ with valid photo ID to consume alcoholic beverages)
  • Reserved seating at select show(s)
  • Universal Express Unlimited™ ride access to skip the regular lines following the tour (event hours permitting, excludes houses)
  • Priority UNLIMITED V.I.P. entry to haunted houses as well as select regular park attractions while on tour with the R.I.P. Tour Guide
  • My Universal Photos™ 3-Day photo package

That's what Universal has to say but here's what my experience has been the last two years. If you've been to HHN before, you know how crowded and crazy it can be. With a VIP tour, you walk right past all of that, straight to the front of the line! There are several ways of dealing with the crowds during HHN.
  1. Express passes which give you a shorter line and that's it.
  2. Public RIP tour - Lasts about 4 hrs. You get front of the line access to each house ONCE.
  3. Private RIP Tour - Lasts the whole night (6pm-2am). Front of the line access to each house plus repeats as much as you want.
There's also a break at Cafe La Bamba (at least that's where it was last year) where you get complimentary light snacks and drinks (alcohol extra). To be honest, it was enough of a selection for me to treat it as a meal! There were also a few scare actors around to take photos with.

crowd.jpg

See that crowd waiting to get into one house? We walked right past them. That's why the photo is blurry. Basically, with a private RIP Tour, we get a private tour guide for 7+ hours that will take us around the park and walk us to the very front of the line all night! We also like to take a break to ride a few of the rides too. Ever wanted to walk right onto Escape from Gringotts? The tour guide will even hang onto our bags for us too. No lockers needed. hehe.

Now for the important part, COST:
It's not allowed to sell anything on this board so to be clear, I am making zero profit on this tour. I'd take the cost of the tour and divide by the number of people that end up going. We're pretty close to a full group. To get an idea of the cost, go to the HHN Extra Chills page and check the price of a Public RIP Tour. The cost of joining us on a Private VIP Tour would be about the same.

Here's what I can do to help out:
There's one free Valet Parking with the tour. We're staying on-site at either Royal Pacific or Portofino so won't be needing it. I should be able to assign it to you. That would save one party $20-30 in parking that night. We are annual passholders so we can buy discounted HHN tickets for our guests (the entry tickets are separate from the Tour). That should save you $10-15 each on those. There's also a 3-day photo pass with the RIP tour. We have an annual photo package already so someone can have that. Basically it gets you ALL the park photos (photographers roaming around) plus all ride photos too. That's normally $90-100. If I can reassign that to someone else, they can have that too. All this can be negotiated/worked out.

Please let me know if you are interested and we can talk!

I already am in a private tour but was tempted to join in for a second tour if it was on a different date

I have met this poster and can say he is honest, likeable and loves hhn!
If you joined his tour, you would cover everything without lengthy waits for all the houses and scare zones

Feel free to ask questions in the thread or send him a pm

I wish we would be there on that date!

We are going the week/weekend prior and are doing a public RIP tour. The private tours sound awesome, but it's just the two of us, so we have never planned one.

Go once hhn opens

Many will want to join your tour

I got two men joined mine last year the day of the event

FYI, we still have a few spots open. We'd love for you all to join us. If you've never done a private tour before, trust me when I say that it will spoil you!

If anyone is still looking but can't decide yet, read up on some of the trip reports about those that have gone on a private vip hhn tour.
They are the easiest way to do everything in the park with less walking involved.

You take shortcuts through the park to reach some house lines.
Easy for a private group to do each house 2 times and some houses a third time.

Bumping this back to the front page.

If you've read the early reports, it sounds like this years HHN is pretty busy. Do you really want to wait 2hrs+ for Stranger Things?

Message me if you are considering and would like more details. We still have a couple of spots available on our Private Tour.

The private tours are well worth it.

From what I have been reading on Twitter and FB, lines are long for HHN.
Crowds only keep growing each week.

Some peeps have written that express lines had lines of 25 minutes waits for some houses.

Private tours don't have long waits....
The TM handling the lines for the entrance of the houses, stop all lines for the tour group.

We did a public tour two years ago and a private tour last year. Love the tours! It's the only way I'll do HHN!!! :thumbsup2 We're doing a private tour this year too! Same night -9/29 - ours is full. See you there @tran1172 and group!:)

How many more peeps can you take into your group Vu?

If you don't hit the number you want, you might be able to fill the slots the day of the tour.

Once newbies start reading about the long house waits and the crowds that will be there, some will decide at the last minute they need to be in a tour group.

Many make a last minute decision.....

Hi all. We have 7 at this point. Private Tours are 10 people with an additional charge for the 11th and 12th. So 10 people is ideal but if a party of 4 wants to join us, I can accommodate that.

I am confident we'll reach our group of ten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!