Joy in the World ~ a magical Christmas weekend! real life update 04/07

Imagine my delight when I came across the winter animals! They were so, so lovely and I was happy to spend some time watching them.
We saw them, I thought they were adorable and a nice addition to the holidays there!
I popped by the Petals pool bar at the Hippy Dippy pool and treated myself to one last Disney drink. Might as well spend those last moments in a productive way....

::yes::😭

Wow I didn't realize you were so close to the end of your report! Look forward to your final thoughts.

Sounds like a lovely lunch!

The winter animals are sooo cute, glad you got to see them!
Lunch at Nomad's is always such a treat! I loved the winter animals....they were adorable!
We saw them, I thought they were adorable and a nice addition to the holidays there!
Aren't they just the cutest???
Wow I didn't realize you were so close to the end of your report! Look forward to your final thoughts.
I am a little sad to wrap up this report as it has been fun reliving that weekend. I will have the fun of getting my PTR for my mum and son trip going though! :)

That's a wrap!

With a total time in Walt Disney World under 72 hours, I was very happy to have accomplished all that I did! Here are a few final thoughts......

Resort: I loved Pop and would happily stay there again. Now that I have bought into DVC it would be a great option when I had a late flight in and didn't want to use a night of points.

Special events: All three were winners for me. I had an amazing time at MVMCP, thought the Tony's Most Merriest was a great value for me on my own (it would have been cost prohibitive on a family trip however) and I absolutely LOVED the Candlelight Processional. In fact, I would say it was the highlight of my trip.

Food: I had two pre-paid experiences with Tony's at $99 and my CP package at Rose and Crown at $60. My OOP cost for everything else would have been about $126 but ended up at $94 as I had a $20 GC for declining mousekeeping and that sweet bit of pixie dust covering my drink at Homecomin'. I had 1 QS, 1 TS and 5 snacks, a refillable mug and 4 adult beverages in my $126 total. My favourite new restaurant was Homecomin', Nomads was as always, my favourite lounge and my fave new snack was the awesome Oatmeal cookie from Pop.

In real life news, we are all safely at home. Bill works from home, Jack's university has closed down and gone online and schools are closed. I am so fortunate to work for the school board as my job is protected and secure during this uncertain time. I feel so badly for Stuart and Jamie as this is their grade 12 year and who knows what will happen with graduation, prom, school play etc etc?? I cancelled the boys' grad trip to NYC and have tentatively rescheduled for late August. Our border is now closed with the US so who knows when Canadians will be able to travel again. I know travel is a luxury and will happen again one day. The most important thing right now is to stay safe and follow all precautions.

Take good care of yourselves, my friends and know when we get to return to our happy place, it will be all the sweeter. Stay safe! :goodvibes

Last edited:

Thanks as always for a great trip! It was so much fun seeing my favourite place at my favourite with my favourite Canadian! Glad to hear you all are well but how sad for the boys potentially missing the end of their senior year. Crazy times we live in. Continue to stay safe!

Resort: I loved Pop and would happily stay there again.
I agree with this statement. :)
I absolutely LOVED the Candlelight Processional.
I've never done, nor has it really been on my "must do" list...

But so many people love it. I really need to make this happen.
My favourite new restaurant was Homecomin',
I've never really thought of a "new fave"... but I think Homecomin' might just be on that list.
In real life news, we are all safely at home.
Good. :)
I feel so badly for Stuart and Jamie as this is their grade 12 year and who knows what will happen with graduation, prom, school play etc etc??
We were just talking about that. "What happens to people who were supposed to be graduating this year?"

Thanks for taking me along on your travels. Glad to hear you are home safely. My son is due to graduate university this year soI know how you feel.I think that is unlikely to happen now., It’s sad for all the kids that have worked so hard but the important thing is to be healthy and safe. Fingers crossed we beat this virus sooner rather that later and life will be sweeter than ever before. Take care😊

With a total time in Walt Disney World under 72 hours, I was very happy to have accomplished all that I did! Here are a few final thoughts......

Wow! I didn't realize you were there for such a short time. You definitely made the most of it!

I feel so badly for Stuart and Jamie as this is their grade 12 year and who knows what will happen with graduation, prom, school play etc etc??

It's my brother's senior year also and I feel so terrible for them. Stay safe!

Your trip sounds great! In all my times there (I've lost count) I have never had a drink at the Nomad Lounge - that's on my list for my next trip (was supposed to be next week but is now October).

I also have a senior - he's handling it fine so far but I'm hoping they don't cancel the graduation ceremony - or if they do I hope they reschedule.

Stay safe!

I love how you really packed in so many experiences and some new in a short trip!
I enjoyed following along as always and Christmas season at the parks is such a wonderful time to be there!

Loved your trip report, thanks for sharing with us!

Resort: I loved Pop and would happily stay there again.

Me too. I appreciate it even more now after having stayed at ASMo this past December.

All three were winners for me. I had an amazing time at MVMCP, thought the Tony's Most Merriest was a great value for me on my own

I loved both of this as well. Sadly, we didn't make it to the CP, but hoping for a "real" Christmas trip soon.

I agree, I feel so terrible for them with all the uncertainty in the world right now :sad1:

Take good care of yourselves, my friends and know when we get to return to our happy place, it will be all the sweeter.

I think most of us will be sobbing our way down Main Street :sad:

Stay safe! :goodvibes

You too!

Hi Suse! Stay safe. I really enjoyed your solo TR. Don't worry, we will all be traveling again...
Thanks Jenny! You stay safe as well. I am really hoping July is a go but my sister who is an ER doc thinks things could still be bad then.
Thanks as always for a great trip! It was so much fun seeing my favourite place at my favourite with my favourite Canadian! Glad to hear you all are well but how sad for the boys potentially missing the end of their senior year. Crazy times we live in. Continue to stay safe!
Thanks for following along Kari! I love how you spelled favourite in the appropriate Canadian way, lol! Yes, not the best for Stuart and Jamie but they are being troopers. We celebrated their 18th birthday yesterday and they were very good about not being able to have any friends or family over.
Loved reading your TR!

Glad you are staying safe <3
Thanks Alexis! Take good care of yourself and hopefully we will all be back to trip planning sooner than later.
I've never done, nor has it really been on my "must do" list...

But so many people love it. I really need to make this happen.
I think you would love it. It is such an immersive and breathtaking experience.
I've never really thought of a "new fave"... but I think Homecomin' might just be on that list.
Homecomin' is fab!
We were just talking about that. "What happens to people who were supposed to be graduating this year?"
As of now, our schools are closed until April 6th. I think we will be out until the first of May easily. My sister, who is an ER doc, thinks no one will be back at school until September. Doug Ford has not announced anything here in Ontario beyond the initial two weeks. I've heard that it is the provincial chief medical officer of health that has to make the call for further school closures. What's the situation like in Manitoba?
Thanks for taking me along on your travels. Glad to hear you are home safely. My son is due to graduate university this year soI know how you feel.I think that is unlikely to happen now., It’s sad for all the kids that have worked so hard but the important thing is to be healthy and safe. Fingers crossed we beat this virus sooner rather that later and life will be sweeter than ever before. Take care😊
Thans for joining in! Glad you are sfae with your family too. :) It is so sad for our soon to be graduates but hopefully they will find a way to work around this by postponing the ceremonies.
It's my brother's senior year also and I feel so terrible for them. Stay safe!
I know, not the grade 12 experience they were hoping for! Especially if they were applying for university in September. My boys are taking a gap year which will give them a little time to recoup from all of this but it is still very stressful.
Your trip sounds great! In all my times there (I've lost count) I have never had a drink at the Nomad Lounge - that's on my list for my next trip (was supposed to be next week but is now October).
Definitely put Nomad's on your list. It's so great there!
I also have a senior - he's handling it fine so far but I'm hoping they don't cancel the graduation ceremony - or if they do I hope they reschedule.
My boys are pretty stoic too.....I know it must be hard but they are not complaining. I am hoping things will be resolved by June.
I love how you really packed in so many experiences and some new in a short trip!
I enjoyed following along as always and Christmas season at the parks is such a wonderful time to be there!
Thanks Caroline! I had such a great time and am thankful to have so many memories to look back on.
Me too. I appreciate it even more now after having stayed at ASMo this past December.
It is a great spot!
I loved both of this as well. Sadly, we didn't make it to the CP, but hoping for a "real" Christmas trip soon.
The party and party within a party were awesome! I'd love to be there for a Christmas day trip too!
I think most of us will be sobbing our way down Main Street :sad:
That is the understatement of the century for me.....I will be bawling, I know it!
Stay safe and take good care of yourself, especially at work. :hug:

I think you would love it. It is such an immersive and breathtaking experience.
Thanks! :)
As of now, our schools are closed until April 6th. I think we will be out until the first of May easily.

My sister, who is an ER doc, thinks no one will be back at school until September.
I'd bet on your sister, here...
Doug Ford has not announced anything here in Ontario beyond the initial two weeks. I've heard that it is the provincial chief medical officer of health that has to make the call for further school closures. What's the situation like in Manitoba?
Pallister has announced a Provincial state of emergency, but... so far schools are closed to April 13.

Thank you for sharing your report, I really enjoyed it.

No one knows what the new "normal" will be after this. My heart breaks for your boys having their Senior Year cut short. We had a delayed start for Danielle's senior year due to extreme flooding her in 2016 but it was nothing compared to this.

Stay safe!

Wonderful TR. My DD(14) and I recently returned from a February trip (for her birthday) and it was amazing. The weather was beautiful!!! (we usually go in August) My family and my sister's family are booked for August, fingers crossed that we will be able to get back to the most magical place on earth!

Resort: I loved Pop and would happily stay there again. Now that I have bought into DVC it would be a great option when I had a late flight in and didn't want to use a night of points.

With the addition of the Skyliner I'm sure POP is going be a destination again. And your reasoning is a good one!

Tony's Most Merriest was a great value

I've never eaten there, but this really sounds like an add-on that would take me there. I liked the Christmas season there and would love a way to get a bit more out of it next time.

I am so fortunate to work for the school board as my job is protected and secure during this uncertain time.

I"m so glad you have that during this uncertain time. So many friends, and myself included aren't in that situation. :/

I know travel is a luxury and will happen again one day.

I am certain it will too. But may not be for a long, long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!