July 2016 Memories Vow Renewal Update: DRESS

Ck57524

Mouseketeer
Ok, so hi I'm Cortney, and my hubby is nick. We will be married five years next July. We have two year old twins who were born July 26th.

Our plans(waiting on dvc member number to book dates for sure)

Dates we will be at akv: July 22-28
Package: memories
#guests: 6(2 are us, 2 are my 2 year old twins, 1 is my stepdaughter, and 1 is the officiant)
Dress: Cara Mia lace dress
Flowers: roses and lilies(white)
Dinner: We will be going to Cinderella's royal table, and following up with the dessert party.
Cake: two tier lilac color with silver mickeys on the sides. One layer of chocolate with baileys, and one layer of white cake with white chocolate and strawberries. We will be doing the cake at Cinderella's royal table.

Last edited:
These are the two dresses I've narrowed it down to, but still have yet to fully decide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 9

THE START OF PLANNING
Ok so on to the fun stuff. We started planning this trip when we bought in to dvc, and we were just going to do something special for our anniversary when the idea of having a vow renewal happened. So this past weekend we looked in to booking a memories wedding. We called the disney fairytale wedding line and figured out we can book it this January. Then we called the Disney fine art and photography line and found out I can book a magic kingdom session then as well. Yay!
DRESS SHOPPING
So after that we went and tried wedding dresses on at our local wedding boutique. I found a gorgeous dress(the first one pictured), but it's a little more than I wanted to spend. It's also three sizes too big, so she would have to take two panels out of the dress, and a few more alterations. Then we went to David's Bridal and tried on some other dresses. Let's just say that experience wasn't as magical, but I found the second dress pictured that I liked, but don't want a train. The consultant I had insisted that it only came with a train, but I found it online without a train that night. I love the first dress, but love the price and look of the second dress. I think I will end up going and putting a deposit down on the first dress in the next couple of weeks mainly because I love the lace, and I don't really want to deal with David's Bridal after that experience.
PEOPLE GOING
Once we got home from trying on dresses we realized that my stepdaughter really wants to go, and really wants a pretty dress as well. Her mother didn't allow her in our first wedding, and hasn't allowed her on family vacations yet, so we shall see. We asked her to come up with a decision by the 22nd when we need to book. I have also asked my maid of honor and her husband to come on this trip, as it will also be around their anniversary, but will not know for a few months. I do know that we will have a sixteen year old with us who I consider my "adopted sister". Very excited for her to experience this.
BIRTHDAY
Not only will vow renewals be occurring during this trip, but so will the twins third birthday. We are planning on arriving on the 22nd, and their birthday is the 26th. So we will not only be doing a wedding cake, but a birthday cake too. We went for their first birthday, so this will be exciting. They are also going to be my ring bearer and flower girl. We plan on doing a dessert party for the wedding night, so don't know if we will do a dessert party for their birthday. My guess is no, and that we will just do a magic kingdom day with their favorites in mind.
COLORS
I can't decide whether I want hydrangea blue, or lilac color for our colors. I'm leaning more towards the lilac, but was thinking the hydrangea blue is Cinderella like. I think the lilac would look very romantic and pretty, so we will see.

following along!

Dress is very pretty! You gals who can pull off a strapless make me jealous. I can't do a strapless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter