July 2018 Car Rental Watch

We are vacationing 7/28-8/2. I got our car rental through National with my company's discount. It's only a 2 day rental (w/ late drop off) Mid Size SUV picking up/dropping off at the Car Care Center for $122 total...however, we are considering just doing our entire stay from MCO instead (not sure if we want to deal with buses from POP in July heat). If we do the week from MCO and dropping off, its $391. Not sure what to do! Looking at Costco, its $357 for the week. Hoping prices come down!

I have a rental booked for this July from Budget rental, but just read on a fb page how people were complaining how Budgets lines were always long, the cars are dirty and they charge those hidden fees on highway (which has happened to us before). I always use Alamo, and love them, but their rates seem so high right now! Anyone have any $25 off coupon codes or from Entertainment book? Sadly, I do not belong to Cost co. bec there isn't one near me.

I finally got a price drop!

I checked dollar and they had a city special for a midsize July 4th to 10th 229.00. The lowest I have been able to find up to this point was $300.

Just made my rental reservation through my National corporate account. 7/2 - 7/5 Emerald Aisle $$178.90. Hoping there will be a $20 off coupon at some point. Will use Autoslash and see what else comes up.

Got a placeholder midsize booked with alamo week starting 7/1, AMEX & AD3868JST $25 (since no saturday overnight)

$229.xx

I booked 5 days in July with Payless which is at Hotel Plaza Blvd. at DoubleTree Hotel, we are having lunch the day of pickup at Homecomin so we will make the short walk to doubletree. My price is $181.88 including taxes, surcharges for a midsize car, Hyndai Elantra or similar.
They sounded really nice on the phone so hopefully I'll have a good experience with them. It was $250 with Costco discount at Disney s CCC

I never hear anyone talk about Payless??

Excuse me, but what does Amex mean? Is that part of a code?

Sorry, AMEX = American Express. A few different corporate codes are out there.

Note though that it is one of the few affinity codes where I’ve consistently had to use my AMEX card to pay.

I booked a full size car from Alamo flying into Sanford 7/4-11th. I booked this on 4/6 and it has come $30 since then.

I got a auto slash alert this morning. I price drop tracking set up on there. I had dollar July 4 to 10 for $229 mid-size. They found it for $189.01 this morning on priceline from Dollar, finally under $200!

I just booked 8 nights with Alamo for a 7 passenger van. It was $300 cheaper than booking for 1 week. Strange! Picking up on a Friday, instead of a Saturday. Total of $447. Still not great, but the $747 rate was ridiculous!

We are vacationing 7/28-8/2. I got our car rental through National with my company's discount. It's only a 2 day rental (w/ late drop off) Mid Size SUV picking up/dropping off at the Car Care Center for $122 total...however, we are considering just doing our entire stay from MCO instead (not sure if we want to deal with buses from POP in July heat). If we do the week from MCO and dropping off, its $391. Not sure what to do! Looking at Costco, its $357 for the week. Hoping prices come down!

Adding onto this....we extended our vacation by adding one extra day and with fear of the heat/bus wait times we just booked an Intermediate SUV rental thru Costco at MCO Alamo for 7/27-8/2 for $319.. When I looked with one less day last month the cheapest I saw was for $357...so looks like prices are coming down a bit!

I reserved a compact thru Dollar for July 7-14. Did the pre-pay option (still able to cancel) for $220. Base rate, no discounts applied. Spent about an hour searching and trying various websites, companies and discount codes and that was the best I found.

We go to WDW every year and used to budget $150-175 for a rental car. Seems like in recent years it has crept up a bit, so we should adjust our expectations. Still, I'm happy with $220 for 8 days.

Just booked for 7/25 to 8/2 via Alamo with Costco for 280. Higher than I want. Subbing to see when the prices go down.

I booked a 5 day rental for $136.04 total.... base rate is $100.04rental through Payless Lake Buena Vista at Doubletree Hotel across from Disney Springs 2305 Hotel Plaza Blvd.
PDN: A066900
It's the pay when you get there rate. The pay now rate was less.
They sounded very nice on the phone and assured me a Hyundai Accent or similar would be waiting

For what size car? what code did you use?

It was on the costco site- so I think it was a free upgrade and the costco code listed there for Alamo. Car I believe was an intermediate. I typically never pay quite this much and always get a full size or bigger- it always goes down. Just keep checking it. We fly into MCO often to visit family.

It was on the costco site- so I think it was a free upgrade and the costco code listed there for Alamo. Car I believe was an intermediate. I typically never pay quite this much and always get a full size or bigger- it always goes down. Just keep checking it. We fly into MCO often to visit family.
You have same dates as me. Could you share your code that you used? I did use a free upgrade code but I only got a price as low as $301.

You have same dates as me. Could you share your code that you used? I did use a free upgrade code but I only got a price as low as $301.

I booked via the costco website so I didnt actually put the codes in. I have found recently that when I use the costco codes directly on the alamo site it is more expensive. If you book it directly on the costco website its cheaper. I just went to the costco site before responding and the rates are still 280 for an intermediate. But a standard dropped to 287- so going to book that now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter