**July 2020**

Hi July Peeps! Fingers crossed we all get to take our trips. I am cautiously optimistic that the new offer for folks who had their trips cancelled indicates our July trips may yet happen.
@MamaJessie, could you add me to the Roll Call? Here's our info: Boardwalk Villas, July 23-Aug 1
ADRs were made a while ago and I am happy with what we have. I was also watching for Space 220 to open but that's so insignificant in light of the hope now that our trip gets to happen at all. Positive thoughts, everyone!
I'm more concerned about what will happen with the rest of the school year. We're in NY (upstate), where school is in session until late June, so our Governor is closing schools statewide 2 weeks at a time (I have read that many states which get out earlier have already closed for the rest of the year). We're currently closed through April 15. I also have a HS Senior, and would really love for her to be able to return for the last month or so of school to give them some sense of normalcy before the unknowns of life-after-high-school.
Thanks to all the people on the front lines out there while the rest of us are practicing social distancing and stay-at-home orders. Stay healthy!!
Edited to clarify: I don't mean schools are closed as much as I should say schools have transitioned to "remote instruction", parameters of which seem to vary wildly from place to place but everyone is doing their best here; DH is a teacher and I know first-hand how hard they are working to make the best they can out of this for the students.....
"Upstate" NY here too :wave:also with a senior so my hopes are the same as yours! Of course now we're out through the end of April but since we go through June I am staying hopeful they can go back even if only for a few weeks. We we supposed to go to Quinnipiac yesterday for Acepted Students Day but they instead did it virtually; better than nothing but still sad.

I wasn't going to add my name to this but after tracking data and seeing the growth curve slowing down with social distancing I might tentatively add my name for the updates :) Hopefully everyone continues to recognize the importance of it and the curve gets better not worse :)

CBR/Polynesian Villas
July 10-20

Last edited:
This is not the fault of Disney, but I just couldn't take the anxiety of watching another fully planned trip be canceled. I moved my May 29-June 6 trip yesterday to July 3- July 11.

This trip will be the third time I have made dining reservations, airlines, and fast passes. So either this trip will be "three strikes and your out" or "third times the charm"...I am hoping and wishing for the pixiedust: :charm.

I just booked my son's and my trip to Disney World for July 2nd through 9th. We're doing a split stay between Beach Club, Polynesian Resort, and Boardwalk Inn. We love the different resort pools, which is why we tend to split our stays in the summer. This trip is rescheduled from late May/early June. So looking forward to it!

I wasn't going to add my name to this but after tracking data and seeing the growth curve slowing down with social distancing I might tentatively add my name for the updates :) Hopefully everyone continues to recognize the importance of it and the curve gets better not worse :)

CBR/Polynesian Villas
July 10-20
Added. Fingers crossed so we can keep our vacation and have normal life again!
This is not the fault of Disney, but I just couldn't take the anxiety of watching another fully planned trip be canceled. I moved my May 29-June 6 trip yesterday to July 3- July 11.
Will add, where are you staying?
We were suppose to go to Disney April 28th of this year, we cancelled and booked July 13th of 2020. We are trying to be optimistic and hopeful that July 2020 will happen for us. If not we have October of 2020 booked.
If you want me to add you to roll call let me know how long you are staying and where. Thanks :)

Just stopped in, to say I'm rooting hard for you July folk. It will mean that things are getting back to normal.
Thanks! Would LOVE a normal summer!!

I just booked my son's and my trip to Disney World for July 2nd through 9th. We're doing a split stay between Beach Club, Polynesian Resort, and Boardwalk Inn. We love the different resort pools, which is why we tend to split our stays in the summer. This trip is rescheduled from late May/early June. So looking forward to it!
Added :)

We just changed the dates of our trip from early July to July 24th - 31st, in the hopes of having the best chance of the parks being open for our trip. We can't travel in August, so this is the best we can do to try to ensure a summer trip to Disney World. We are still splitting our stay between the Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club Resort, and Polynesian Resort. Still hoping!

Last edited:
[I hope this doesn't offend anyone; I don't mean to trivialize the gravity of the situation for those who are impacted by this virus in much more difficult ways than vacation planning....]

My brain goes in circles like this:
  • Ohmygoodness, parks are closed indefinitely. Our summer vacation is never gonna happen.
  • But we don't travel for 100+ days and things are changing so quickly, it's too soon to give up hope!
  • But the Asian parks began combatting the virus way before we did and they haven't resumed operations yet.
  • But WDW is accepting reservations & promoting packages with tickets & free dining from June 1 forward to people whose trips were cancelled, so they must have at least a reasonable idea they could be open by then -- they wouldn't want to burn people twice.
  • But Florida's curve apex isn't forecast to occur until early May (and who knows how accurate these models are - could be later!), so no way could they reopen as soon as June 1.
  • But the CDC's recommendation of 8 weeks of social distancing only goes until mid-May, so July at Disney could happen!
  • But FL's mandatory stay-home order (hasn't even started yet!) will run through April and possibly/probably longer. Theme parks will be among the last entities to resume operations once they begin to loosen restrictions, so forget July.
  • But Disney and the other theme parks are such a mainstay of the central Florida economy; how will FL cope with such prolonged unemployment if they are closed all the way to/through summer?
  • But the parks are closed indefinitely, with no information to suggest a possible reopening date. Summer vacation is never gonna happen....
Are any of you having similar debates with yourself? I thought you July folks might be able to relate. I cannot seem to stop myself from speculating constantly. I know it's a fruitless exercise, and yet I still cannot turn my brain off!

[I hope this doesn't offend anyone; I don't mean to trivialize the gravity of the situation for those who are impacted by this virus in much more difficult ways than vacation planning....]

My brain goes in circles like this:
  • Ohmygoodness, parks are closed indefinitely. Our summer vacation is never gonna happen.
  • But we don't travel for 100+ days and things are changing so quickly, it's too soon to give up hope!
  • But the Asian parks began combatting the virus way before we did and they haven't resumed operations yet.
  • But WDW is accepting reservations & promoting packages with tickets & free dining from June 1 forward to people whose trips were cancelled, so they must have at least a reasonable idea they could be open by then -- they wouldn't want to burn people twice.
  • But Florida's curve apex isn't forecast to occur until early May (and who knows how accurate these models are - could be later!), so no way could they reopen as soon as June 1.
  • But the CDC's recommendation of 8 weeks of social distancing only goes until mid-May, so July at Disney could happen!
  • But FL's mandatory stay-home order (hasn't even started yet!) will run through April and possibly/probably longer. Theme parks will be among the last entities to resume operations once they begin to loosen restrictions, so forget July.
  • But Disney and the other theme parks are such a mainstay of the central Florida economy; how will FL cope with such prolonged unemployment if they are closed all the way to/through summer?
  • But the parks are closed indefinitely, with no information to suggest a possible reopening date. Summer vacation is never gonna happen....
Are any of you having similar debates with yourself? I thought you July folks might be able to relate. I cannot seem to stop myself from speculating constantly. I know it's a fruitless exercise, and yet I still cannot turn my brain off!
Yes! But mine also includes... well should I change to October... yea I should change to October it will never be open by July.... but what if it is I have a really good discount... but what if it isn't... I guess I will just keep it as is for right now... but... but... but!!!! lol Not to make light of the situation but many different aspects are driving me crazy and WDW is just one of the many!

Reactions: KSL
Added. Fingers crossed so we can keep our vacation and have normal life again!

Will add, where are you staying?

If you want me to add you to roll call let me know how long you are staying and where. Thanks :)

Thanks! Would LOVE a normal summer!!

Added :)
We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn

Sadly I cancelled my July trip this morning. We have no word on when the Canadian border will open to non essential travel. All major events are cancelled here until the end of June. So Jack and I will rebook for summer 2021 and celebrate his 21st in Disney!

On a happy note, I did book for December! Bill is going to come with me and I managed to snag a 1 bedroom villa at my home resort of Boulder Ridge Villas. So at least I have that to look forward to. Stay safe and healthy everyone! :)

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I will admit that as days go by I start to feel less hopeful about our July trip. Boo.
Newly-revised models look improved (fewer deaths/hospitalizations), and that shows that social distancing is working and needs to be continued! So it will be awhile before things reopen to keep this trend and help prevent a relapse.
Eventually (who knows when), once things get to a point where we begin opening up again, there are so many hurdles to cross before a trip to Disney seems possible:
  • FL governor needs to allow out-of-state travelers in without quarantine
  • FL governor/counties/localities need to allow non-essential businesses to reopen
  • Airline industry needs to get back to running
  • Disney needs to rehire employees & retrain; stock restaurants; inspect attractions; etc. (I'm sure I don't have any idea what all is involved)
  • Resorts need to reopen
...and I'm sure there are more things I'm not thinking of.
I am happy to see the revised models and hopeful that they will be relatively accurate in their forecasts of lower curves (even with the earlier peaks!). This is more important than my vacation, to be sure. At first glance it seems like there is still a lot of time between now and late July. But as I play things out in my mind I just don't see how there is actually time for all these factors to resolve. I would love to be wrong!

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I will admit that as days go by I start to feel less hopeful about our July trip. Boo.
Newly-revised models look improved (fewer deaths/hospitalizations), and that shows that social distancing is working and needs to be continued! So it will be awhile before things reopen to keep this trend and help prevent a relapse.
Eventually (who knows when), once things get to a point where we begin opening up again, there are so many hurdles to cross before a trip to Disney seems possible:
  • FL governor needs to allow out-of-state travelers in without quarantine
  • FL governor/counties/localities need to allow non-essential businesses to reopen
  • Airline industry needs to get back to running
  • Disney needs to rehire employees & retrain; stock restaurants; inspect attractions; etc. (I'm sure I don't have any idea what all is involved)
  • Resorts need to reopen
...and I'm sure there are more things I'm not thinking of.
I am happy to see the revised models and hopeful that they will be relatively accurate in their forecasts of lower curves (even with the earlier peaks!). This is more important than my vacation, to be sure. At first glance it seems like there is still a lot of time between now and late July. But as I play things out in my mind I just don't see how there is actually time for all these factors to resolve. I would love to be wrong!

I feel the same way...lots of things need to be put in place and so many hurdles to jump before the world, let alone Disney, is back to normal. DH is convinced our July trip is going to be cancelled, but doesn't want to do that just yet so I'm hanging on, but not feeling good about it.

I feel at this point I'd almost just rather reschedule for July '21 so I have definitive plans again.

I keep wondering if we should try and move ours to later in July/first week of August, but I’m afraid we would never be able to rebook all our dining reservations. We also got free dining and I don’t think we would qualify for the new promo right now so I just don’t know what to do.

I’m thinking of cancelling our July trip. We don’t book our fast passes until the start of May, so I’m holding off for now. I really can’t stand the idea of aligning all our FPs and finalizing our itinerary and then cancelling another trip (we had a quick weekend scheduled in March with family and a big trip scheduled in April for a milestone - perfect FPs and ADRs for both...so much wasted time).

I also don’t like the idea of dealing with a “sort of open” opening and I don’t trust Disney to give adequate advance notice.

I’m thinking of cancelling our July trip. We don’t book our fast passes until the start of May, so I’m holding off for now. I really can’t stand the idea of aligning all our FPs and finalizing our itinerary and then cancelling another trip (we had a quick weekend scheduled in March with family and a big trip scheduled in April for a milestone - perfect FPs and ADRs for both...so much wasted time).

I also don’t like the idea of dealing with a “sort of open” opening and I don’t trust Disney to give adequate advance notice.

100% agree with all of that! Hate this limbo feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter