🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

Thanks for making this thread. Checking in July 5th to July 13th. First time ever visiting DL. Been to DW many times former AP holder. We will be staying at Disneyland Hotel.
Welcome! You're going to have a great time and you chose a great time of year to visit! Let all of us know if you have any questions.

So we are summer Disney World regulars and know what to expect in terms of weather (hot, humid, rain). Is it still chilly in the am/pm in July at Disneyland or should we expect warmer temps all day? Summer packing for the world is pretty straightforward, wondering if we might still need some layers for DL or if it's warm all day in July. Thanks in advance... looking forward to experience Disneyland for the first time!

We usually go in the summer, although I'm not a local so maybe someone else can give you a better answer. I don't think I've ever needed a jacket in the morning, but I have definitely worn a light jacket in the evening a time or two, especially after getting wet. I specifically recall sitting at World of Color thinking, "I wish I had a jacket!" I've always been plenty warm (ok, hot) during the day.

So we are summer Disney World regulars and know what to expect in terms of weather (hot, humid, rain). Is it still chilly in the am/pm in July at Disneyland or should we expect warmer temps all day? Summer packing for the world is pretty straightforward, wondering if we might still need some layers for DL or if it's warm all day in July. Thanks in advance... looking forward to experience Disneyland for the first time!
I think it largely depends on what you're used to, but it's nothing like FL. The weather is variable like anywhere else, so check the forecast once you start getting within a week. It could be hot or it could be milder (by summer standards). It will absolutely be warm during the day though.

In the early parts of summer it is common for there to be a marine layer or fog in the mornings, burning off late morning and the sun comes out. Temps maybe starting out in the 60s and rising to the 80s. It could also not be foggy and rise to the 90s. The fog starts to become less prevalent once it gets into July. Some people think 60's in the morning is cold during the summer, some people don't.

Bring layers. You might need a light jacket in the morning and evening. I typically dress in shorts and a t-shirt with light jacket during summer. No jacket if the day does not start out foggy.

A couple of weather certainties for July. It is not humid at all compared to the east coast (some people on here claim it gets humid, but it is not at all humid compared to FL). It also will not rain in July. It's a huge relief to not worry about rain.

Plan to see fireworks on your first night to have multiple chances to see them. They get cancelled frequently due to winds at higher elevations. You don't want to wait until your last night only to find out they're cancelled. It's not uncommon for there to be almost no wind at ground level, but the fireworks are cancelled because there's winds up high. Cancellation due to wind is not an issue with Fantasmic or World of Color.

Hi! I don't know what got into me but I saw that flights to SNA were cheaper than usual from my city...so I booked them, and called my best friend, and now the two of us are taking my toddler for his first Disney trip July 1-4! It will have been 5 years since my first and only DLR visit, and 4 1/2 years since my last WDW trip. I still need to talk with my friend but I am thinking we will stay at the Fairfield Marriott Anaheim since I can get it on points.

I'm still trying to work out how to approach touring the parks with a little one and a more laid-back friend in our party. Left to my own devices, I go rope-drop to close and ride all the rollercoasters as many times as I can! I'm thinking no hoppers, just to keep the cost down and simplify things. But I still have so many questions:

1. Is Genie+ worth it? I loved MaxPass but $30/pp is harder to swallow than $10/pp, especially when I'd be doing many of the rides on my own. BUT also my toddler has limited patience to wait in long lines these days, or wait for Mama to get out of the long line for her rollercoaster ride.
  2. How do the Lightning Lane reservations work with rider swap?
  3. What is new since 2019? Galaxy's Edge (which I've done in WDW but my friend hasn't), Avenger's Campus, the Toontown renovation, the SanFransokyo (?) section...will the Tiana ride be open by then do we think?
  4. Where would be a good place to place a pickup grocery order for things like diapers, breakfast foods, snacks, milk etc?
  5. Will it be super-busy July 2, 3, and the morning of the 4th? I bought the last flight out so we would in theory have 3-4 hours at the parks in the morning of July 4th to do anything we missed the first two days.
Ahhh, it feels good to be back planning a Disney getaway!

Hi! I don't know what got into me but I saw that flights to SNA were cheaper than usual from my city...so I booked them, and called my best friend, and now the two of us are taking my toddler for his first Disney trip July 1-4! It will have been 5 years since my first and only DLR visit, and 4 1/2 years since my last WDW trip. I still need to talk with my friend but I am thinking we will stay at the Fairfield Marriott Anaheim since I can get it on points.

I'm still trying to work out how to approach touring the parks with a little one and a more laid-back friend in our party. Left to my own devices, I go rope-drop to close and ride all the rollercoasters as many times as I can! I'm thinking no hoppers, just to keep the cost down and simplify things. But I still have so many questions:

1. Is Genie+ worth it? I loved MaxPass but $30/pp is harder to swallow than $10/pp, especially when I'd be doing many of the rides on my own. BUT also my toddler has limited patience to wait in long lines these days, or wait for Mama to get out of the long line for her rollercoaster ride.
  2. How do the Lightning Lane reservations work with rider swap?
  3. What is new since 2019? Galaxy's Edge (which I've done in WDW but my friend hasn't), Avenger's Campus, the Toontown renovation, the SanFransokyo (?) section...will the Tiana ride be open by then do we think?
  4. Where would be a good place to place a pickup grocery order for things like diapers, breakfast foods, snacks, milk etc?
  5. Will it be super-busy July 2, 3, and the morning of the 4th? I bought the last flight out so we would in theory have 3-4 hours at the parks in the morning of July 4th to do anything we missed the first two days.
Ahhh, it feels good to be back planning a Disney getaway!
Welcome!

1. I recommend looking at a list of Genie+ attractions and deciding whether it's worth it or not. It tends to include a lot of rides with a height requirement, so maybe not worth it. Things like Mickey and Minnie's Railway, Small World, Little Mermaid are included, but some of those rides are pretty easy to do without waiting long at certain parts of the day. When I went with a 2.5 year old we did not have Genie, and we opted to not do many rides with a height requirement. If I wanted to do certain things, I would go at night after the kid was asleep (with my significant other relaxing in the hotel room) and do single rider on things like Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Incredicoaster. I would highly encourage you to get park hopper tickets and not spend a whole day in California Adventure. DCA does not have nearly as much to do in general compared to DL, and this is exacerbated by your situation with a young kid. Frankly, there is a very limited amount of stuff for a very young kid to do at DCA, whereas DL has a lot more rides without a height requirement. Take a midday break to go back to the hotel for a nap and a break from the crowds!
2. You go up to the ride entrance, tell the cast member you have a kid who can't ride, and they'll issue you a rider swap pass. You ride first while your friend waits with the kid, then you switch. If you have Genie+, there's really no benefit in your particular situation. If you don't have rider swap, then one of you will wait the whole time and another will get to go back through the LL entrance. The main benefit would be if you have two kids, one who can ride and one who isn't tall enough. Each parent takes turns watching the younger kid while the other parent rides with the older kid. The older kid can ride twice with rider swap - once with each parent. You won't get to ride twice with two adults and one kid who isn't tall enough.
3. No, Tiana's will not be open in July at Disneyland. You mentioned most of the new things already in your post. Pixar Fest is going on with a new parade in DCA, an updated fireworks show, and some other special events throughout both parks. Know that Haunted Mansion and Winnie the Pooh are also likely (but not confirmed) to be closed when you visit.
4. I typically just get Walmart delivered to my hotel, or I pick it up myself before checking in if I have a car. I have Walmart+, so you might explore others. Some local grocery stores have free delivery for your first sign up.
5. Busyness is very subjective, and some variation of this question gets asked almost every day on these boards. The full answer to your question is quite complex and involves issues surrounding Magic Key block outs and single day ticket prices. Here's the best way to answer it. Disneyland is ALWAYS busy. The level of how busy varies. Early July is not one of the most busy times of year, even with July 4th, but it will absolutely be crowded. Use the mornings to do your advantage before crowds build during the day. July 4th in the morning should actually be a great time to visit for a few hours with relatively light crowds until later in the day when crowds build for fireworks. July 1-3 will be busier, as less Magic Keys are blocked out then on July 4th.

I didn't see a July thread, so will get one started. I may not be able to update daily, but will try to update a few times per week.

Please post your dates, hotel, and any July info you have to share!

Post 2 contains info about July events, entertainment, attraction closures and more as official news is posted.

Post 3 contains the July check-ins as posted.
Thank you for starting this thread!

My family and I will be there July 16th-23rd. Staying at the Westin. We have included my Mom on this trip and this is first back since the early 90s and second trip for us. Excited that we are going to be there for the Pixar Fest! Any suggestions for reservations for the parades and shows would be greatly appreciated. Have our dates for Fantasmic and WoC but still trying to figure out the Parades.

July 1st dining reservations open up on Thursday (5/2) at 6:00 am Pacific! We still do not know anything about Fantasmic, but hopefully they will announce soon.

I have my fingers crossed that Disney will soon release information about Fantasmic dining packages. 🤞🏻 It’s supposed to open in a few weeks so we have to hear something soon, right?!
I've got my fingers crossed as well! Hopefully Disney releases new information sooner rather then later. I'm also still trying to figure out if there is any reserved viewing areas for the Pixar Parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter