July 25 - 30th Day 4

Disneylovers

DIS Veteran
Today, our plan was California Adventure! DH got out of bed, and headed with computer to the pool, where the wi-fi "hot spot" was to post the videos of the girls skating on our web site. We met him at the breakfast bar, grabbed some food, he ran back to the room to shower, and we again walked over to the parks.

As much as I try to get my crew moving in the morning, they just aren't morning people. Early entry is wasted on us, heck, we've never even seen a rope drop, until now!!! We got to DCA at 9:45, looking at all those people lined up to get into DL, and here, we're practically walking non-stop into DCA. Had our picture taken (good thing, so far, we haven't taken many family shots), then scanned the map, and decided to head to the roller coaster first, so we experienced a rope drop. People were sprinting to get to the Pier area, running is not an option with Little Legs, so we sauntered, and still practically walked onto Screamin' What a cool ride! We grabbed FP as we walked off, then thanks to a post I read here (I apologize for not remembering who it was that posted it, but THANK YOU if you read this report) went to have our complimentary picture taken. As Disney VIsa holders, if you show your card at Ariel's Grotto, you can get your picture taken with a Disney Character for free! We had our family shot with Goofy, then the photographer asks me how many cards do I have. I told him two (my own account, and my joint account with DH, and I had both cards with to prove it) so he took a second picture of just the girls with Goofy. We still had time to kill, so we rode the Sun Wheel. This is NOT a good ride for someone, like me, who is deathly afraid of heights, and getting a rocking car is worse. I can say I rode it, but never again! It was time for our FP, so we rode Screamin' again, then headed to grab FP for Grizzy River Run (with a stop for t-shirts along the way, and bummer, they won't deliver the bags to the front of the park, so we had to carry the bags all day). Our FP was for 3:40, so again, with time to kill, went to check out the wait for Soarin'. It was pretty long, Taste Pilot's grill was next door, they had ribs (which Princess loves) so we grabbed lunch - what a pain in there, they don't have people to take your order, you have to punch in a touch screen, it was really time consuming! But the food was yummy, so were the shakes!!.

Hopped in line for Soarin, another cool ride. Still had lots of time to kill, so we headed to Tower of Terror to grab a FP for it. The wait time was only 20 minutes, so we hopped in line, and rode "Up-Down" as Little Legs call it. She had been bugging us since she caught sight of it Monday to ride it, so finally she was happy! We had a little time to kill before our FP for ToT, so we checked out Turtle Talk with Crush. Dude!!! How totally awesome!! O.k., I'll stop. We went back to ToT, then it was time for our FP for Grizzly, so we sauntered back that way, with a quick stop for Litlle Legs to say Hi to Sully, who was doin a meet and greet. He was about to leave, but he saw Little Legs, and gave her a few hugs. Thanks Sully!

We rode Grizzly, didn't get too wet, then went back towards Paradise Pier. Got in line for Mulholland Madness, the ride broke down just as we were about to get on, but it was a short down time (a hat landed on the track). So we had a front row seat for watching the ride restart. Little Legs caught sight of the Jumpin Jellyfish and wanted to go on them, so I volunteered. Again, not the best ride for someone afraid of heights. DH & Princess caught sight of Maliboomer, and wanted to ride that. After they got off, they convinced Little Legs to go on too. Not, me, no way!!! (she loved it!) Grabbed FP for Screamin' then went to watch the parade. Because of the heat, they were only performing in the red and green zones, so we grabbed a curb in the green zone, in the sun, just as the parade approached. When it passed, we went back to ride Screamin' then decided to head back to DL. We stopped to look at our pictures. The family one with Goofy didn't look good, but the ones they took when we arrived did, so we got the one of the girls and both the family shots and only had to pay for the one.

Then headed into DL and right for Space Mountain, since we didn't ride it yesterday. There were no more FP available, and the wait time was 90 minutes, which goes against our rule of only waiting 60 minutes, but we decided, oh lets, so we got in line. 65 minutes later, we were loaded into the ride. Princess does NOT like this ride in WDW, but she didn't want to be left alone, so she grudgingly rode with her mom. We were almost at the end, in the tunnel, when we came to a sudden stop, all lights and music stop, then the emergency lights come on. Man, if only we were a couple of cars back, we'd see what the ride looks like, darn!!!! But then again, if we have to get out of this car, it won't be pleasant with me freakin' out! But, no, the poor CM had to push us and we rode into the station to much applause, thank you, thank you.

We grabbed supper at Redd Rocket's then walked through all those silly people staking spots for the fireworks (and hearing the announcement that the fireworks may not go off due to the winds) and we got in line for Indiana Jones. It freaked poor Little Legs out so much, she was sobbing! So to calm her down, we snaked our way to the Carrousel, and then Dumbo, and then she was fine. We had enough for the night, so we worked our way out of the park, catching the bus from CCI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter