July trip of first...

dprincessmom

dprincessmom
We just got back from our 2nd July trip and I thought I would share a couple of things that we learned on this trip.

• First on our list of first was a deluxe stay. We ended up with a great deal at Contemporary and I can honestly say we loved it. The monorail and walking path made it super easy to hop to Magic Kingdom. We hopped to MK 3 of our 4 days.
  • Second first, a "surprise" extended Magic Kingdom closing. We were in line at Splash at midnight and got off the ride at 12:15. They were still letting riders in the standby line. We asked and were told the hours were extended by an hour. We got another ride on Big Thunder, Buzz and Space to close out the night.
  • Our third first was the amazing Frozen fireworks. They were wonderful and inadvertently lead to our first ever visit to the First Aid station in the park. The wind shifted and the Frozen Party viewing area ended up in the fallout zone. My DD ended up with ash/soot in her eye. Guest services was wonderful and First Aid flushed her eye and gave us drops. All was good, but it was a little scary. There were a couple of people this happened to.
  • Our last first was a major dose of pixie dust! This reminded me that going about your vacation, being pleasant and happy can sometime get you noticed for all the right reasons. We got in a very very long FP+ line at RNR coaster and started chatting with a college aged girl. Turns out she was a cast member and was killing a little time before a meeting she had. We chatted and she handed us a TOT old school fast pass that she couldn't use because of her meeting. This was great, but not the pixie dust. She then asks are we planning on hopping over to MK that night. I really wasn't planning on it as we had the Frozen package, but she said she had some FP that she would give us, so we said yes. Some ended up being 26 that were expiring that day so away we went to MK. We rode SM, Buzz, 7DMT, PP, Splash and Big Thunder x2 in about 2 hours. We made it back to HS in time for the fireworks. Best part, we were able to share some of the FPs with other families, so pixie dust all around.
It was a great trip and we had a blast. Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter