Jumpin Jellyfish for Pooh-sized

carmel

<font color=blue>Kept thinking it was 'Snow White'
Hi,

I'm Pooh sized and really want to ride this. Can someone give me some insight into the size of the seats? Will I be able to fit with my teeny, skinny 6yr old?

Well - you won't actually be in the same seat - there are bars between the 2 seats - so skinny 6 yr old won't make a difference. The seats aren't too small - my MIL who is no skinny minny fit fine - but I really don't know if you'll be comfortable or not! Hopefully it'll be ok when you get there - but keep in mind this is a 'kiddie' ride and was designed more to fit comfortabley and safely for kids. :flower:

I believe Jumpin Jellyfish as a maximum weight limit of 300 or 350 pounds. As long as you and your daughter don't weigh more than that combined you should be fine. I am pooh sized and had no trouble fitting into this seat and also saw people much bigger than me riding it.

I am male, 6'2" and 230 lbs and rode by myself. I just had to see what it was like. It is fun and nice looking ride but it was pretty unthrilling...for most adults. I know the look on my 75 year old Aunt's face was pure terror though. It is fun for kids and the view is nice.

If it's not too impolite could I ask why? My wife and kids rode this and rated it just about the lamest things in Dl and DCA - it goes up, drops a few times very slowly and then lands - all over in about 90 seconds and no thrill whatsoever.

It really is a ride for little kids and I wouldn't get too upset if you can't get on.

I can't answer why daannzz's aunt didn't like it but I can tell you why I don't. Don't care for rides where my feet dangle. That's why I have never liked swing type rides like Orange Stinger for example. TOT, never bothers me. California Screamin, ride that one maybe 10 times each trip. But Jumpin Jelleyfish, I hate it! My son who is also a thrill ride lover also does not care for the sensation of looking down and seeing the ground below you. It may make us wimps but that is us. I think we are both a little fearful of heights and even though it doesn't go that high it just feels much more weird. This is the only ride at DL, DCA or all of WDW that makes me feel dizzy, go figure!

""I can't answer why daannzz's aunt didn't like it but I can tell you why I don't. Don't care for rides where my feet dangle."" I am not sure. I actually have that her look on video tape. I don't think it was the dangling feet syndrome though because she loved Soarin' over California.

That is true, Soarin does not bother me or my son but then you aren't tempted to look down. Also your back is very supported and you feel more enclosed. Needless to say if Jumpin Jellyfish gets to me Maliboomer is a definite no go!

I love Jumpin' Jelly Fish AND Orange Stinger!
Honestly, they are two of my favorites, even though my family cringes.
I feel really relaxed and happy swinging around or slowly dropping on these two rides. Looking around at the sites, swinging my feet, the breeze in my hair and face, feeling "floaty". I totally groove on it. Love the Zepplin ride, too, but it is closed so much of the time. Have to admit, the Jellyfish seat is not all that big and the ride is VERY short. But that is the beauty of being at DL/DCA - acting like a kid and not having a care :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter