Jumping Joyfully into June's WISH Journey

Funny how we met on diet forum and you are so far from us but I often find myself thinking if you were near I would love to catch up as I find that you and your family like very similar things.

I know! It would be fun to meet up one day :)

This morning leaving the house I stood on the porch for a moment and surveyed my kingdom, and it was good!

:rotfl:I love this comment.... great job getting your weekend goals done - that is such a satisfying feeling.

Is anyone else having trouble inserting the emogis where you want them to be since the upgrade??

Hosting July...

I can take up the 2nd week of July.

I can do the 3rd.

...Is anyone else having trouble inserting the emogis where you want them to be since the upgrade??

Not really. Once or twice, I think it was at the end of the post instead of where I thought I'd left the cursor, but I just assumed it was me. Most of the time, it's been working OK.

My goals was to get some exercise at least 20 minutes five times a week. So a hundred minutes-I have been able to do that.

I also wanted to lose 3-5lbs below my maintenance weight. Sigh. That didn’t happen-in fact, I feel lucky to be still at my goal weight. Looking back, the warmer weather, trips to the beach and some holiday cookouts did me in.

Happy Grape, I really like your idea of breaking your month into 10 day segments. I’m going to try this in weekly segments.

This week I will focus on healthy choices. Eating at home will help and making sure I have fruit, string cheese and almonds for snacking.

This is one of those months where so much busy stuff has been going on, the beginning of June seems like a loooong time ago, so I had to check my first post:

I'm Nicole, in southeastern Massachusetts, and this summer is all about transitions here. - My DS (an only) just graduated from high school and will be off to college soon. So a lot of my W.I.S.H. focus will probably be on handling stress in healthy ways. :duck:

I'm also sticking with my 500 minutes exercise challenge in the other thread, and making an effort to cut back a little on morning coffee.

Results:

handling stress ☑
exercise :cheer2: - I'm not quite on pace, but I'm not hopelessly behind, either. I might make it.
coffee :rotfl2:- Yeah, that was a little ambitious.

Not really. Once or twice, I think it was at the end of the post instead of where I thought I'd left the cursor, but I just assumed it was me. Most of the time, it's been working OK.

Hmmm I am finding especially when I have multi quotes that if I put the cursor where I want it and select the emoji - it inserts at the end of all the quotes rather than where I placed the cursor, and then I can't relocate it either :confused3 See this one worked as this was one quote.

I have to cook dinner, but will be back later to answer topic Tuesday.

For our Topic Tuesday I thought we could look back and see how we made out with our goals.

Did things go well for you? If not, is there something we could help you with? Or just “listen”?

I have had mixed results this month.

Getting back on track with Keto style eating. I have made progress here - I did meal planning and shopped for it. I still ate too much take-out! So still need to work on that this coming month.
To get active - I mostly walked once a week with my friend - we missed a day due to weather and have to miss this week due to work commitments.
I did NOT add strength training again. I really struggle to get off the couch once on it - I will continue to make this a goal next month.

I've fallen behind again. We were away this weekend with out daughter to watch the US women's field hockey hockey game vs Germany. It was such a fun game and a nice weekend with our daughter. It was also our first time leaving our son home "alone". He was home when we left and was in charge of the dog. However, he actually had dinner and spent the night at our neighbors (his best friend's house). So he wasn't really alone. Also their birthday is next week, so we took our daughter to the outlets to shop since clothing is pretty much the only thing on her wish list. And we did get to see Toy Story 4. It was AMAZING!!! But am I the only one who cries at all the Toy Story movies? I love them! I laugh at them! But I also always cry. I can be so emotional.

Anyway...now to catch up on this week:

Motivational Monday - I am motivated by our upcoming trips. We go to the beach in two weeks and Disney in 4 weeks. Our MagicBands have arrived! So even more motivation!

Topic Tuesday - Since school ending, my eating has been off. Not terrible, but not good either. I need to get back on my meal planning/prep. Without that, I am usually lost and make poor choices. I feel like my exercise has been more intense with yard work but my steps and "walking to Disney" has actually been lacking. So that reminded me of the article that I think @sjrec mentioned earlier this month. Honestly, I skimmed over it before. But I definitely want to go back and really read that now. We did go for a bike ride and I'm logging those miles separately because they don't calculate in my steps miles. Either way, I will make my goal of "walking to Disney" before our trip. Even if I have to bike 20 miles the last day. At this point, I think I have to average about 6 miles per day to make it. I'm getting so close!

I cannot work out how to rotate it ... so lay on your side to enjoy lol
I could lay on my side and look at this all day! :goodvibes How beautiful!

My goal for the month was happiness and I've done well, as I am definitely in a better place now than I was at the beginning of the month. I was looking for vacation to be the happiness highlight of the month, and it wasn't... it was good but not great and there were only a few times where I was able to be totally in the moment and joyful. But it seems to have been enough of a re-set to get me back on the right path. Yesterday was a Monday x2 with the craziness, and I managed to stay on top of it all, so that's a good sign.

Hmmmm... I've been working on this post for over an hour, I keep jumping to other things. Feels like its going to be a scattered day, so I'll need to find a way to anchor myself.

Here's where we are for July Hosting:

Week 1 - 4Mickeys
Week 2 - Oneanne
Week 3 - PollyannaMom
Week 4 - ????

I am afraid to offer my hosting after failing so badly last time

:(

Nonsense! - We know stuff happens. :hug:

If you just don't feel like it right now, it's certainly fine not to volunteer. - This is a no pressure gig, and someone will pick it up. But please don't feel anyone was upset with you!

(The upside, if you're nervous about trying again, is that it's only a week, not a month.)

Woo hoo Wednesday is here!
I know everyone has something to share-these last couple days you ladies are rocking it, so let’s begin..,

Not doing good on goals this month I haven't been to the pool once though I do have plans to go on Saturday for my 14 year old's half birthday party to make up for her actual party being a royal disaster. (one friend she invited refused to come if another one was going to be there because that now former friend was mad at the other friend for eating too much at a sleep over which my daughter was also at-actually it was the parent that was mad-but was not going to tell the friend and work things out because the person should know what they did, another friend found out the day before that there was a previous commitment that no one bothered to tell about so couldn't come and 2 friends (sister's) had a medical emergency involving an ER visit for one of them and the other not being able to make it).
I have managed to keep my weight and measurements the same which is good and I have been good about drinking my water. A lot of it is I have been so tired in the mornings to get up part of it being taking care of 11 year old and the rest of it being that I am sore from overdoing it on cleaning the house because that is the only way that things are going to get done or at least get a little help.
To add to the fun around here I got a call from my 11 year old's therapy place that she has either dandruff or lice but they are thinking lice. I told them that I didn't think so because we are strict about not sharing anything that would go near the hair or letting heads close together and basically got told that I was lying or at least that is how I interpreted the comment of "that's what they all say" I kept my mouth shut and didn't start in on look you stupid witch (feel free to insert other terms of choice here) and didn't start in on the only time in the last 30 days she has been around other kids other than her sister was at the 4-H club picnic the week before and non of the kids had their heads anywhere near each other and her head was no where near any of the other kids at the park.
The other time was 2.5 hours a day at the camp that they have in early June. I looked her hair over and did some googling for photos not seeing anything but finding that it more in likely was dry skin. Knowing that they consider me to be stupid and not knowing anything I knew I could not just take her in with this is what I have found so decided since they would not take anything I said (I have been battling them for years on no it is not necessary to cut her hair short just because she has naturally curly hair that frizzes and tangles when you brush it when it is dry because she can't take care of it herself-hmm how bout you people start listening to me when I say no brushing when it is dry, a pick is fine but leave the brushing to me and her sister to help with when her hair is wet if necessary to get a tangle out) I decided to take her into one of those walk in chains to get her hair trimmed because well she hasn't had one since our Disney Trip back in 2010.
I was upfront and let the place know what was going on so the worker combed through and checked her hair while we chatted about how I normally care for her hair ( surprise surprise I am doing everything right-loved that I got someone who has naturally curly hair themselves that was past the shoulders) and did not see any nits. There was some slight cradle cap found so I was asked if it was ok for them to wash her hair. The stylist was doing the last of the rinsing when one single lice was found so they were not able to give her a trim. I ended up getting some non toxic stuff ( at least I knew she needed to be treated instead of using harsh chemicals just in case like they wanted me to do-excuse me it's people like you that are the reason we have these bugs that are resistant to the treatments on things) and we spent last nigh coming her hair out. Poor thing cried and cried even though her hair had all the tangles and knots removed before we started.
What I have found based on the life cycle of lice is (there were a few eggs found in her hair when I combed it out but none of the next stage and the one lone adult size one which the stylist picked off and tossed down the sink followed by a bunch of water) the exposure would have had to happen during the week at camp. 14 year old and I asked questions last night and found out that the week at camp another kid took her hat and wore it and while an adult took it back and gave it to her they did nothing to prevent it. Needless to say I was not happy at all to hear that. I should be able to allow my child to wear her hat especially when they are outside part of the time when it is in the heat of the day and my child has fair skin and hair that is in the reds family.
I declared that she was not going to therapy today though they were not happy when I called into tell them and I did tell them she was fine. If they bring it up depending on how pissed I am still by next week I might start in on them over the hat and that they are where she got exposed to the lice more in likely. I know that they are considered a medical place but how hard would it have been to send a letter or a phone call to all the families of kids who attended with hey we had a lice infestation during camp please check your children without breaking any confidentially rules. Hello our local hospitals will say when they have outbreaks of things in general terms that may effect the public. Then again I just might tell them that she was overly tired and hadn't been sleeping well and that hello I went though this when my older one hit a major growth spurt at the start of puberty. Only my older one complained of legs hurting from the growing pains and I can't sleep mama it hurts. She needed a day to just be able to sleep in. She ended up sleeping for over 12 hours when if I had taken her to therapy she would have only gotten 6.5-7 hours and would have been a crab for me.

I was soo hungry last night. I spend some time thinking if I am really hungry or not, and decided to eat more. I ate at maintenance level and it was the right choice for that day. It's complicated - tricking your body to feel satisfied with less calorie isn't it? I had so much veggies and fruit but my proteins were little low. What are your most filling recipes?

I am 1.2kg down for the first 12 days but honestly I feel bit disappointed. Half or more of that is just water weight. Last week after the pink concert I was tired for the week.

I will try for the next 5 days to focus mainly on calorie reduction. I may need to up my protein.

Whoohooo - I am well prepared for the week ahead, it's great to have so much prepped veg! Last night the guys asked for rice with chicken teriyaki, the rice was cooked, the veggies chopped. I was able to use babycorn, broccoli and shredded carrot. Veggies that my son will eat. I fancies some pasta, and had small portion (50g, uncooked) with tomatoes, peppers, olives, gherkin and very little pesto.No veggie chopping - everything was ready in less than 20 minutes with very little effort involved. I will keep this going.

Whoohoo - having the break away was incredible. I felt so confused, unwilling to look ahead and think positive and freaked out before we went away. Came back with clear picture about the direction I need to move. I think I am over my year long mid life crisis.

I will take the last week of then next month if you are willing to give me another chance? :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!