--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

I have another quick maxpass question (then I need to make myself go to bed since we have an early flight in the morning!). I apologize if this has been asked somewhere else. I tried to find a max pass thread but didn't see one!

We are planning a couple of days where we sleep in, enjoy the pool, and then head to the parks late afternoon or early evening. I'm assuming on these days getting maxpass won't be worth it, right? I plan on getting it every day we are in the park at rope drop. But when we aren't getting to the park until after lunch, from what I've read, it may not be worth.
Late afternoon/early evening? Probably not worth it. Maybe for one person of you want photos?

I suppose you could monitor FP availability before getting to the parks and see how it looks before deciding?

I assume you'll be taking the 5S and exiting at Ball Rd./Disneyland Dr.? If so, go east on Ball to Anaheim Blvd. There is a WalMart supermarket there where you'll be able to stock up on water and snacks. Also, if you go south on Harbor, about a mile beyond the parks, there is a Target where you can get what you need. Otherwise, you can go straight to your hotel and, after dropping off your car, catch an Uber or Lyft to the 24/7 CVS on the corner of Katella and Harbor (there's a Walgreen's right across the street). The CVS has basic groceries, some produce, dairy, etc.
Important note - the Nanny State of California makes you BUY grocery bags ($0.10 each at minimum). So if you're planning on getting a lot of small things that are hard to carry individually, you might want to bring a few with you.

Important note - the Nanny State of California makes you BUY grocery bags ($0.10 each at minimum). So if you're planning on getting a lot of small things that are hard to carry individually, you might want to bring a few with you.

Good reminder! If you buy bags, they work well for separating dirty laundry. Or, you can see this as a good reason to buy cute, foldable tote bags in the parks! (Hey, just doing your part, right?)

Thanks! This is what I was thinking, so thanks for confirming. last night DH said it was like I was cramming for a test! LOL!
Yes, I would just check wait times and fp return times. It might be worth it to have max pass so you could have some guaranteed low-wait rides when you come in the afternoon/evening. However, if fps have run out by then, it wouldn’t be worth it.

Any guesses as to how long it might take to get through security and into DL tomorrow (Saturday, 6/16) around 6:00 pm? I'm curious with the regular SoCal and Deluxe unblocked. I also have to wait in a ticket line to exchange an online voucher - any lines typically shorter than others?

I'm up a creek...
Just got a notice from my cell phone carrier that I have used 85% of my high speed data for the time period. It just started the day before we left for our trip. I'm ten days into it! I will still have lower speed data, but in the four years I have had a smartphone, I have never done this!!!

I still have 2-3 DLR days left AND a ride home from SoCal to NY! :P

packing has commenced :Pinkbounc using packing cubes for the first time, will report back on findings :)
Im going to San Francisco first, then Disneyland later in the week have a 10 flight to get to sunny California

Kiddo has been packed for 2 weeks now... With just 10 days to go, I'm heading in to pack my stuff now. Woooooo hooooooo!

And can't wait until next weekend to start hearing the Pxr Pier reports!

We had super easy flights to SNA. Now happily encsconced in our Balboa Island VRBO-had pizza delivered. It’s chilly here-62 and windy, whereas it’s forecast to be 90 back in Oregon this weekend. So glad we’re finally here!

One sleep. We head out on our drive first thing in the morning! My boys have no idea about this trip and can not wait to surprise them tomorrow! So excited!!!
Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

On our flight today, the parents had arranged for the pilot to come tell the kids that they were going to Disneyland-it was super cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter