June 2018 discount watch

That's the million dollar question. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who does and doesn't get a PIN/UOC. The codes can come via snail mail or email. Sometimes both.
And sometimes you don't get anything sent but you still have a PIN code attached to your account. So it is always worth asking if you call in.

How do,you get the codes? I know they come in the mail, but what makes WDW send them to you?
I used to get them often but that is when I went to Disney every so often. Since I have started going more regularly, I don't receive the codes. However, sometimes you get codes attached to your account but they don't send any correspondence about it. You just have to call in and ask. I have never actually called in and asked because I used a different available discount or rented DVC points, or, now, bought into DVC, so I suppose I could still have codes attached to my acct that I just don't know about.

One was anounced last fall or early winter (sorry, can't remember exactly when) and I booked a value with it for 15% off. I found out about it on disneytouristblog dot com (Tom Bricker) or else i wouldn't have know about it. I check Tom Bricker's Disney sites every day though I am not sure how reliable or timely with discount info he is.
So I wonder if there have been some that I wasn't aware of because I didn't receive any notification of it. However, was that the same discount as the general public one? Did it just come earlier?

One of the last ones I remember was released in 2016 for our dates (June 2016) that was 35% off deluxes, which was 5% more than general public. But it was limited to like 5 resorts. We did book with it but then my mom decided she wanted a different resort not included on the 35% off Disney VISA discount but still included in the 30% general public one.

So I wonder if there have been some that I wasn't aware of because I didn't receive any notification of it. However, was that the same discount as the general public one? Did it just come earlier?

One of the last ones I remember was released in 2016 for our dates (June 2016) that was 35% off deluxes, which was 5% more than general public. But it was limited to like 5 resorts. We did book with it but then my mom decided she wanted a different resort not included on the 35% off Disney VISA discount but still included in the 30% general public one.
Yes - it was the same as the general public one but with a early booking advantage of maybe a week, can't remember exactly.

And sometimes you don't get anything sent but you still have a PIN code attached to your account. So it is always worth asking if you call in.

Yes, I forgot to mention that option but it's definitely true. Personally, I think it's more of a "pixie dust" thing when people call in and find out they have a PIN attached to their "name"; here's why: About 6 years ago my sister decided to take a fairly last-minute trip to Disney World (I think she booked it around April for travel in July). She had not been to DW in over 15 years. All of her Disney trips had been when she was a teenager or younger. She was never the person booking the trip and only once -- at age 2 -- did she stay on property so Disney wouldn't have had her current (married) name on file anywhere. She never signed up for anything from Disney -- never requested a planning DVD or anything else. She had poked around the website a few times but never signed up for any type of online Disney account. She did not get any type of Disney mailings via snail mail or electronically. She never ordered anything from The Disney Store. Yet when she called Disney to check resort availability, she magically had a PIN attached to her name....the name she *just* gave to the CM 30 seconds earlier and a name she had never used when travelling to Disney as a kid. I've heard of other people having a similar experience. My theory is that the phone CM's either have a pool of "PINs" they can randomly gift to people (my sister *did* have a nice conversation with the CM about how this was her first trip in over 15 years, yadda, yadda, yadda before the CM told her there was a PIN code attached to her name.) OR the Disney reservation system trows out a PIN code to random reservation inquiries throughout the day. Just my theories based on anecdotal evidence...I have no proof. :)

Yes, I forgot to mention that option but it's definitely true. Personally, I think it's more of a "pixie dust" thing when people call in and find out they have a PIN attached to their "name"; here's why: About 6 years ago my sister decided to take a fairly last-minute trip to Disney World (I think she booked it around April for travel in July). She had not been to DW in over 15 years. All of her Disney trips had been when she was a teenager or younger. She was never the person booking the trip and only once -- at age 2 -- did she stay on property so Disney wouldn't have had her current (married) name on file anywhere. She never signed up for anything from Disney -- never requested a planning DVD or anything else. She had poked around the website a few times but never signed up for any type of online Disney account. She did not get any type of Disney mailings via snail mail or electronically. She never ordered anything from The Disney Store. Yet when she called Disney to check resort availability, she magically had a PIN attached to her name....the name she *just* gave to the CM 30 seconds earlier and a name she had never used when travelling to Disney as a kid. I've heard of other people having a similar experience. My theory is that the phone CM's either have a pool of "PINs" they can randomly gift to people (my sister *did* have a nice conversation with the CM about how this was her first trip in over 15 years, yadda, yadda, yadda before the CM told her there was a PIN code attached to her name.) OR the Disney reservation system trows out a PIN code to random reservation inquiries throughout the day. Just my theories based on anecdotal evidence...I have no proof. :)
Interesting...and could totally be the case! :)

I don't know if this helps, but I looked up when I booked ASMu with the Disney Chase Visa discount - it was Oct 4th for my spring break trip starting in a couple of days. I remember that I later tried to get POP at the same discount but those rooms were gone so I stuck with ASMu.

With Disney just announcing the parking charges are resorts for reservations after March 21st I am guessing no discounts until after that.

I was hoping for a discount to move to a suite at AoA. With hitting the 90 day mark today. Not sure if switching would be possible.

Based on history of discounts, my best guess for the release of late summer discounts is probably Monday of next week. But really it could be this Friday or next Friday. Disney seems to like to release stuff on Monday or Friday...though I could really just be way off.

Based on history of discounts, my best guess for the release of late summer discounts is probably Monday of next week. But really it could be this Friday or next Friday. Disney seems to like to release stuff on Monday or Friday...though I could really just be way off.

Summer Discounts are out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!