** June 2020 Check In **

Going to LA in June! Planning for a trip to Anaheim from June 22-June 24, hotel to be decided.
Will most likely only get a two-day one-park-per-day tickets.

We bought our park tickets already so we could get the 2019 pricing. Kind of regretting it now because they expire at the end of the year.

We have a 3 day drive to get there. And 4 days back. So lots of hotels. I just don't want the park to close when we've already driving for 2 days or something!

I wish we had bought our tickets before the price increase, but oh well. I’m assuming they won’t increase again before June (of course, I could always be wrong), which is why we aren’t in a hurry to buy them.

Sounds like that could be a fun road trip! Our trip to Disneyland is only 7 or 8 hours, but we have 2 days each way to Glacier National Park in July, and those are two LONG days. I actually love road trips. Let’s just hope this is all a little more handled by then, because you’re right, it would be awful to be halfway there and find out it’s closed! Hopefully it’s not so bad by then!

That hotel is one of the few in the area that has a private shuttle! And it's also walking distance to the M&F tram.
Yes! That and a slightly cheaper price is what won me over. My other alternative was Castle Inn and Suites, but the small savings (and the free room upgrade into a premium) made me a bigger fan of MG.

Our AP's expire on 6/15 so we're trying to figure out a good time to use them one more time before then. (we are in Oklahoma and were just at DL in Feb). Really want to see Avengers Campus so we're waiting to set dates in the hope that it's open before mid-June. Crossing our fingers!
D23 just announced Avengers Campus will open July 18th!

D23 just announced Avengers Campus will open July 18th!
As excited as I am for Avengers Campus, I’m actually kinda glad to hear this. Is it too much to hope for *slightly* lower crowds in June due to people postponing their trips to July?

We’ll head down to DLR to experience it a few months after its opening like we usually do. We don’t like to be in the first wave of craziness.

OMG!!! ok 2 thoughts
  1. awww, nooo, I wont get to see it this year :(
  2. well by the time I come back in 2021 the crowds should have eased and everything should be open

I too was bummed that we wouldn't be able to see Avenger's Campus on our trip, but as I thought about it, I am kind of glad that we will miss the crowd. I look at it as it will give us an excuse to come back....like we need an excuse LOL:rotfl:. We haven't experienced Pixar Pier or Galaxy's Edge yet...we are very exited for both of those lands.

I too was bummed that we wouldn't be able to see Avenger's Campus on our trip, but as I thought about it, I am kind of glad that we will miss the crowd. I look at it as it will give us an excuse to come back....like we need an excuse LOL:rotfl:. We haven't experienced Pixar Pier or Galaxy's Edge yet...we are very exited for both of those lands.

I missed Pixar Pier by days in 2018, so when I went back in 2019 everything had calmed down and it was a much better experience.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow, but cancelled last night. Guess we made the right decision. Re-booked flights for June 9-13, and debating between Courtyard Theme Park Entrance or Residence Inn Convention Center.

I haven’t been around. Things are ok. Waiting to see if our summer vacation will be cancelled. 😉😩
With this surprise baby I can’t keep up with the thread. 😩 I feel bad that you’re having to do it.
Hey, glad you could pop in. I thought things might be pretty crazy out your way these days, so a helping hand wouldn't be amiss. Hang in there -- let me know if I can help with something. June is still far enough away that I hope your trip stays put. You need a vacation! Sprinkles of pixie dust for the baby... and for you!

Planned to travel end of June but GCV booked with DVC rental points......its a while off but not sure if we will be refunded and if we do whether we would be lucky enough to have availability...of well just have to wait and see

Last edited:
We will now be staying from 6/25-7/2 at the GCH. It is costing me 25% more than what I had previously booked at Spring Break. The cast member from Guest Relations did remind me that I agreed to those terms and conditions when I originally booked with WDTC. She further pointed out that WDTC is being flexible, offering me a full refund with no penalty or the chance to reschedule at the current, higher price. At least the weather should be nice!!

As of March 13 I'm still planning to travel from Ireland to California in June, unless either my airline cancels the flights or there is a travel ban. My country is not included in the current travel ban list announced by The President of The USA.

I have annual travel insurance with a travel disruption clause. At the moment the only thing I have paid for in full are my transatlantic flights. My hotels are just reserved and I can cancel up to 72 hours before arrival. I haven't bought my Disneyland tickets , or any train or shuttle tickets yet.

Right now June is a long way off, and we just need to hold our nerve and take precautions to keep ourselves safe and well.

Still planning to go in June (pending outcomes of current events of course), but I am a teacher and my school district just closed for a month (3 weeks plus spring break). I'm wondering if we will be in school until the end of June to make up for this. It's all up in the air, and of course Disney vacations are very low on the priority list right now, but it's a wonder I'm having anyway. If we can't go in June, we will just postpone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter