June DVC

Azziefan

Mouseketeer
I know no new june bookings on the website are available BUT can you still schedule DVC resorts for June? Does anyone think there’s a chance when they open they WILL decide to open Epcot too? I’m so concerned about Epcot not opening after hearing rumors

No one knows anything until Disney makes an announcement. At this point now that bookings are blocked thru July 1, a June opening is not looking promising. I would bet against it.

I’ve heard members have still been able to make May reservations? Is that true?

If so, that would leave me to believe that it could just be a product of the two “systems” or “companies” not talking to each other, not necessarily indicative of an opening.

This is a good question for our DVC Member Services board. I’ll move it over there. :)

I just tried booking for May (I found scattered availability) and it allowed me to do so.

I doubt they’re opening. Frankly, at this point I hope my June 6 trip is cancelled because I am an independent contractor and getting job offers in my city.. I’ve been taking them bc I feel Disney is unlikely!!

Until it's proven differently, and it very well may be; I think the current booking window move to July 1 is much more about controlling capacity than having anything to do with an "opening date." If their goal is to keep the main gates at, say 50% or less, then they know what capacity it takes in the resorts to balance locals and those staying outside the parks to balance that out. When the resorts hit that number, it makes sense to close bookings for that period based on what they know will be open in whatever manner.

I wouldn't read too much between the lines on the "July thing" if it was me. It all makes perfect since if you step back and look at it.

FWIW, they can't effectively limit DVC resorts, and I'm equally sure that's all balanced into the equation as well. If there's one thing Disney excels at, it's data and data mining. They don't think. They know. Everything, when it comes to the numbers.

Last edited:
This was supposed to be my welcome home trip starting on June 21st but that doesn't look like it's going to occur. I truly wish they would give us the info sooner rather than later so I know what exactly to do. My life doesn't revolve around Disney and I need to know If I should take off from work or not. This is really starting to piss me off honestly. Time to give some answers.

On WDW Magic a poster is saying they just received an alert to begin their check in and complete their magic band order for their BLT stay 6/7-6/14. Has this been common during the shutdown?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!