June park days…do I need to swap due to AP at MK?

What do you think people are doing at MK while waiting for there VQ time?

Standing around admiring the castle?

They are in all the other lines , shops , and eateries.

What do you think people are doing at MK while waiting for there VQ time?

Standing around admiring the castle?

They are in all the other lines , shops , and eateries.
This is exactly my concern. PLUS the 2nd VQ drop at 1 that they can be at any of the other 3 parks and join, and then hop over for the afternoon and evening.

This is exactly my concern. PLUS the 2nd VQ drop at 1 that they can be at any of the other 3 parks and join, and then hop over for the afternoon and evening.
A guest can only try for the 1PM VQ if they have already tapped into the MK, regardless of having a park reservation.

Updated as I’ve found this is incorrect. An AP with a reservation to any park can try for the 1 PM drop.

Last edited:
A guest can only try for the 1PM VQ if they have already tapped into the MK, regardless of having a park reservation.
But can’t they come from any of the other 3 parks? So they can reserve at the other 3 and then hope over to MK before 1? That gives the potential for a lot of crowds. Hopefully they’ll not hang around in MK, but it would be a little bit of a waste of their time if they didn’t.

But can’t they come from any of the other 3 parks? So they can reserve at the other 3 and then hope over to MK before 1? That gives the potential for a lot of crowds. Hopefully they’ll not hang around in MK, but it would be a little bit of a waste of their time if they didn’t.
Yes they can, just like anyone else can hop over for a Tron VQ.

Yes, it has potential to bring additional people into the MK but I honestly don’t anticipate a flooding of guests into the MK that will greatly affect park attendance given the tens of thousands of guests already there. And , will those who are not successful stay? The MK handles crowds the best of any park, attraction wise. It will increase crowds but I would not anticipate it’s enough to cause a major change in MK wait times.

Time will tell but I don’t want to cause those who are at WDW that week unnecessary stress. I want them to have a great trip in spite of this curve ball thrown into their trip.

We made the decision to move our MK day from Saturday 6/29 to the following Saturday 7/6. We are concerned about increased crowd levels on that opening weekend and also ride down time if there are some early bugs that need to be worked out. Will a week make a difference? There's no way to tell but that's the decision we're going with.

Are we still talking about the AP Tiana Preview? If so that’s wrong. The passholder page for the preview says “Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue” so this VQ is not playing by the normal rules.

Are we still talking about the AP Tiana Preview? If so that’s wrong. The passholder page for the preview says “Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue” so this VQ is not playing by the normal rules.
This was my understanding as well, and part of why I’m so sorry about the crowds.

This was my understanding as well, and part of why I’m so sorry about the crowds.
It calms me about the crowds actually. Instead of tons of APs jamming into MK before 1pm in hopes of a preview slot, the only ones who will enter just for TBA will have a preview slot and they’ll enter in a more spaced out pattern as the later BGs won’t need to race into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter