Jungle Navigation Company LTD, Your Thoughts?

Hi Everyone,

Headed to WDW for Thanksgiving and very surprised (NOT!) that reservations are slim to none. Question about the Jungle Navigation Company restaurant: Is it any good? What are your experiences with it? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

We went for our first time for lunch in May. Very good. Would give it another try. The noodle dish is extremely spicy FYI.

Hi Everyone,

Headed to WDW for Thanksgiving and very surprised (NOT!) that reservations are slim to none. Question about the Jungle Navigation Company restaurant: Is it any good? What are your experiences with it? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
This type of question is best asked on the main Dining Forum, not here on the Dining Review Forum

I've been there four times and I do think it's the best food option in MK other than possibly BOG dinner. I'd recommend it normally but I'm not sure I'd find it suitable for Thanksgiving, unless they're having a special holiday menu. Maybe you could consider leaving the park for your meal and taking the monorail or boat to one of the resorts if reservations are still available at any of those dining options? To me, something like California Grill or Citricos would feel more celebratory. If you must stay in the park then yes, Skipper Canteen is a pretty solid choice as long as your family is a little adventurous when it comes to food.

I ate here in March. The food was excellent, though other diners in my party found it to be too "exotic." It is different from the classic American fare that dominates most of the Magic Kingdom's menus, but as someone who is familiar with most of the ingredients and hardly considers them outlandish, I was very impressed. Our server had an exceptional personality, cracking Jungle Cruise-esque jokes and even bringing a sock puppet up behind me for the people seated across me to take silly pictures.
The theming is the real sell for me. It feels like a natural extension of the Jungle Cruise and carries the old-world Adventureland vibe throughout. There's a lot of little details in the wall decorations and cabinets that I had to walk around and explore.

OP: Did you go? If so, how did you like it? This is one of my favorite restaurants in the parks and such a nice change of pace in MK.

I went there with my bf in February. We shared the appetizer that replaced the arepas, I forget the name, but it was delicious...I then had the sustainable fish, which was out-of-this world, with a lemon broth that I actually asked for a spoon so I could finish every drop. My bf wasn't as lucky with his choice though. He had the pork dish, and left a lot on his plate as it was very fatty. Complaining to our server did nothing. We should have taken it further.

Fantastic time - my wife loves the Jungle Cruise, so this ended being one of her favorite meals in Disney, ever

We just ate there on Monday. Overall the experience was great. The service was good. The atmosphere was interesting but also kind of quiet - a nice break in the middle of a park day. My husband had the steak salad which was a little spicy but in a good way. I had the vegetable curry which was really good. It was nice to get something borderline healthy. Our kids had chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese with rice and fruit on the side. Everyone left satisfied and refreshed for more Park time.

Went there this past June and I loved the place and the food. The girls (9 and 18) loved the waiter, loved the atmosphere but said the food didn't match them well.

We will be trying this restaurant out for the first time in June, I am glad to read that everyone really likes this restaurant :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter