Just a Few Days to Go! Trip Report Now Included!

Thank you Magix for the great report. I leave in one month for my London/Paris adventure. Do you have a trip report or some tips on that adventure? I hope you had as much fun on it as you seemed to have in Rome. I'm also doing the Med cruise, so the info on Rome and Naples was very interesting. In Naples I'm doing the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast drive. I'm still debating on which side of the bus to sit on though :rotfl: Take care, and I'm glad the ankle didn't give you too much grief.

Mary Jane

Thank you so much, Magix, for your report!

We leave for "La Costa Bella" on Friday, 9/21.

May I ask a few questions?

Did you the find the amount of walking on this tour strenuous?

How did you pack? ....Did you take mostly casual/resortwear clothing? Did you take anything dressier? What did you find to be most appropriate for this tour?

Did you notice if the Hilton had Wifi in the rooms and/or the lobby?

We leave out of Naples... wish I had known of the trouble.. but the airfare is booked and paid for.

Your report has gotten me even more excited - thanks so much!

Beth-I see you have reservations for bella costa on 9/21. we are looking at that week with 2 of our girls. Do you have children?

Our ABD Rome and the Amalfi Coast trip is 6/16 thru 6/22. We are taking Eurofly on the way out too (very worried about that) and Eurofly on the way back. We are trying to (somehow) get to Rome after the ABD trip ends on 6/22 (any recommendations?) and we are scheduled to fly Eurofly out of Rome on 6/23 (the next day). We have a one hour layover, that's it, yikes in JFK before we have to board a plane to Orlando on Jetblue...hopefully we'll make our flight. Was customs awful--did it take forever? I've been tracking Eurofly and it's almost always late- yikes!

To get to Rome, just ask your Adventure Guides to help you plan the trip by rail. It's what they suggested as the best option and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you plan it out.

You might be cutting it close on making your connection, but hopefully Eurofly will leave Italy on time for you. We had a couple hours before our connection and jogged most of the way to make sure we'd get to our LA flight on time. Fortunately, that flight was delayed a bit, so we made it with no problem. Don't get too scared when you see a big line at customs in NY... it's for visitors. The residents line only took a few minutes and we sailed right through the whole process. Depends, of course, on how many other flights are coming in at the same time as yours, but we experienced no delay at all.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't experience the same kind of delays we did with Eurofly.

Did you the find the amount of walking on this tour strenuous?

How did you pack? ....Did you take mostly casual/resortwear clothing? Did you take anything dressier? What did you find to be most appropriate for this tour?

Did you notice if the Hilton had Wifi in the rooms and/or the lobby?

We leave out of Naples... wish I had known of the trouble.. but the airfare is booked and paid for.

The walking was not strenuous. Even with my ankle problems, I had no issues getting around. The longest walk was the tour of Rome, but there are enough stops along the way that it's quite easy to handle.

I packed as light as I could manage. I wore only comfy slacks (left the jeans at home in favor of pants that would pack a little thinner) and t-shirts. Some people wore shorts, others jeans. No one seemed out of place. Every spot you'll go to is a tourist destination, so I think you'd have to try pretty hard to stand out like a sore thumb. The only night you'll really need something nice for is the Farewell Dinner night. At that, just a dresser shirt or a simple dress or skirt will do the trick. Some people dressed a little better for the Zi'Ntonio dinner night, as well, but I was still dressed from shopping and didn't feel out of place. Do bring along a light jacket, in case it gets cold in the evening or rains a bit.

I think the Hilton did have computer hook-ups in the rooms (not wi-fi), but I believe there was a charge for it. They also have a business center in the lobby where you can rent computer time.

For Napoli Airport, just make sure your Adventure Guides arrange to get you to the airport plenty early. I think we should have been there about an hour earlier, which would have avoided all the headache. If your guides are Leo and Davide (and they probably will be), just let them know the 4 crazy girls (who traveled with Barbossa) on the May departure said they need to take you to the airport earlier! I think they'll remember us! ;)

Thanks very much, Magix - your report has really helped me prepare!

Beth-I see you have reservations for bella costa on 9/21. we are looking at that week with 2 of our girls. Do you have children?

Sorry gangofgirls - I didn't notice your post, before.

No, my DH and I don't have children... it will be just the two of us.

I'm surprised there's still availabilty... I called in December about switching our week to one of three other weeks, and they were all booked.

Let me know if you decide to join us!

thanks for sharing! I already wanted to go but now I can't wait til we can book one of the ABD trips. That lemon soda sounds like a lemon soda that is sold at our Whole Foods Market in glass bottles with rubber stoppers. Oh, and I'm glad to hear they have you try the limoncello. My family is Italian and we have that at all our get togethers. Man that stuff packs a punch!!

You're not kidding! The first time they gave us limoncello, it was no big deal, didn't do anything but take my breath away for a moment. The second time, at dinner in Sorrento, I didn't think I was going to be able to get up and walk out of the restaurant! Wow!

Magix,

Any idea what sort of rooms they put families in in rome and Sorrento? We are a family of 4, and I know rooms accomadating 4 are less common in Italy than the US. thanks!

Not sure what they do for families. We each had 2 double or twin beds in our rooms. You should probably call ABD and ask what they do. I'm sure they can tell you how they work everything for families.

ABD told us that 4 would be placed into one room. However, i am sure if that room wouldn't accommodate 4, the would adjust accordingly. Ask ABD and they will tell you. Most hotels are 'American" style in Europe anyway - ie. Hilton, Marriott, Westin's, so they are laid out similar to what we have in the states. When we were on London/Paris last year, we had two doubles in each city and they were both Westin hotels.

You're not kidding! The first time they gave us limoncello, it was no big deal, didn't do anything but take my breath away for a moment. The second time, at dinner in Sorrento, I didn't think I was going to be able to get up and walk out of the restaurant! Wow!

yup!! It's really funny seeing my tiny little grandmother drinking it on Christmas Eve :rolleyes1

Thnak you for the report. My family and I are taking turns reading your report. It has pumped us up for our trip. Glad you had a good time! Sounds like your angle has mended, Thank God for that.

Thnak you for the report. My family and I are taking turns reading your report. It has pumped us up for our trip. Glad you had a good time! Sounds like your ankle has mended, Thank God for that.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But no, it's re-injured, just from walking down some steps this week. Starting from square one again, lucky me. But, no big vacations coming up this time, so I can give it time to heal properly.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But no, it's re-injured, just from walking down some steps this week. Starting from square one again, lucky me. But, no big vacations coming up this time, so I can give it time to heal properly.

T-3 days and my DH just pulled his back out trying to help a nephew move a TV. He's on the sofa, on painkillers and prednisone. Wish us luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter