Just added on@ AKV!!! Question on room views

kespo

<font color=blue>Is there an advantage to this?<br
Hi Everyone-

We just added on 100 points at AKV. We are so excited!!!!

I thought I saw a thread that said almost all rooms have a savannah view. Is this right? My husband and I were trying to figure out the differece between the standard view and the savannah view rooms. Any help would be great. Thanks!!!

Hi Everyone-

We just added on 100 points at AKV. We are so excited!!!!

I thought I saw a thread that said almost all rooms have a savannah view. Is this right? My husband and I were trying to figure out the differece between the standard view and the savannah view rooms. Any help would be great. Thanks!!!

Check out this other thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345848&page=2

There is a good description on DVC's public website, on the AKV FAQs page: http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsDAKVFAQPage#5

What views are available from the rooms?
  • Approximately 80% of all rooms have a Savanna View.
  • All Grand Villas have a Savanna View.
  • Approximately half of the Value Accommodations and Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms have a Savanna View. The rest have a Standard View, which includes a view of the pool, garden or parking lot. While Savanna View or Standard View room categories are confirmed at time of reservation, please note that Standard View room view preference requests are noted but not guaranteed.
  • Most Studios, One Bedrooms and Two Bedrooms have a Savanna View. The rest have a Standard View, which includes a view of the pool, garden or parking lot. While Savanna View or Standard View room categories are confirmed at time of reservation, please note that Standard View room view preference requests are noted, but not guaranteed.

Thanks for your help.

So it sounds like the value rooms might have a good chance of getting SV.

A chance yes, but not clear yet what division will be between values with savanna view and values with standard view. Note, "value" means smaller room, they will be only in the Jambo building (existing AKL), there will be a limited number, and you should assume you will usually need the 11 month window to get them.

A chance yes, but not clear yet what division will be between values with savanna view and values with standard view. Note, "value" means smaller room, they will be only in the Jambo building (existing AKL), there will be a limited number, and you should assume you will usually need the 11 month window to get them.

Yes, and even calling at 9 AM the first day we could call, I couldn't get a value room for my first night. I only wanted it for Saturday night so I could save points before moving to the 1 bedroom Savanna View room. As it is, we got Standard view, and that is fine too...only a couple more points.

Yes, and even calling at 9 AM the first day we could call, I couldn't get a value room for my first night. I only wanted it for Saturday night so I could save points before moving to the 1 bedroom Savanna View room. As it is, we got Standard view, and that is fine too...only a couple more points.

Wow, I wonder how many rooms were available to members the first day??
Hopefully in the future it won't be as hard to get a value room. Although we really would love to stay in a 1 bedroom SV. We could only afford 100 points right now. We thought we would take our chance with trying to book at the 7 month window if we needed more points and pull them from our SSR points.

Hopefully in the future it won't be as hard to get a value room. Although we really would love to stay in a 1 bedroom SV. We could only afford 100 points right now. We thought we would take our chance with trying to book at the 7 month window if we needed more points and pull them from our SSR points.
I think it will be May 2008 before there are any value villas available, based on this map: http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/languagespecific/eng/resorts/animalKingdomVillas/DAKVMap.pdf I believe the value villas will be in the two wings in the section outlined in red, scheduled to open in May 2008.

We have less add on ponts there than you, but we determined that we would stay every third year in a 1 bedroom savanna view, so we only got 69 points. We are using all '07 and '08 points plus 5 for our March '08 stay.

About 60% of the value rooms are SV from what I can gather, the rest are pool and standard views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter