Just Back 11/9-11/17, winners and losers

MNDisneyMommy

Mouseketeer
Just back from a trip 11/9-11/17. Party of 7 - me and DH (adventerous eaters), our two kids (normal picky kid eaters), my SIL (who is a burger and fries kind of person), and my brother (somewhere in between).

The winners:

Skipper Canteen. Oh, how I love thee. That Seafood Stew is SO delicious, I can't get it out of my head. And the beverages...and the appetizers... it was fantastic. Kiddos loved their food and their fun dessert too. This one stays a family favorite.

Tusker House. Yum, yum, YUM. Great characters, great variety. This one stays a family favorite. My kids ate through so many mini corn dogs.

Garden Grill. My husband might tell you that my report is biased due to the quantity of jungle juice and chocolate hazelnut sauce that the waitress brought over, and he would be right. This was a delicious breakfast, the characters were fantastic, and this will become a family favorite for sure.

Beaches and Cream. OK, so the ice cream is delicious and the Kitchen Sink was really fun. But what on earth do they put into that Grilled Cheese sandwich?! It was INSANELY good, and both my SIL and husband were craving it and joking about how to get takeout orders for the rest of the trip. Yowza.

Be Our Guest Lunch. A little more crazy than dinner, but still very tasty for lunch (love that pork!). Kiddos loved it, I loved it...everyone was happy. Still my favorite at MK.

The losers:

The Plaza. We went because my SIL wanted to go there, and we had never been. Well, mark that on my "never again" list. Both my taste buds and wallet would have been way happier at Pecos Bills. Kiddos were fine with it. I had BBQ mac n cheese since another review said it was decent (I could have made it at home, it was so basic).

Coral Reef. I miss the prix fixe menu. Shrimp and Grits is still amazing, and the other food was all very good, but they had ZERO NORMAL KIDS MEALS. Like how hard would it be to offer just ONE of the basic kid things (no chicken nuggets, no cheese pizza, no cheeseburger, no grilled cheese, no mac and cheese, no hot dog, no corn dog...not even breaded fish sticks)? I even asked if we could get the kids grilled chicken just plain (no sauce) and it was a no-go. The waitress lamented the menu with us, said it has been a real problem. The adults were happy but for the kids it was a total bust. It's off the list until that changes.

The rest:

Liberty Tree. This was a Bro & SIL request, and while I don't think we'd plan to go back on our own, it was a surprisingly tasty place. We loved the pot roast. Kiddos loved their food.

Sanaa. Everyone hyped this up, and we enjoyed it especially the bread service, but I wouldn't travel all the way to Kidani for it if I wasn't already staying there. Even my SIL had fun with the bread service, so that was a winner. Kiddos enjoyed their food and desserts.

Satuli Canteen. Very tasty. I had to try the cheeseburger pods, but they were a bit dry and I wouldn't get them again. The fish bowl on the other hand was delicious, I would have paid far more for it than I did. I can see why its so popular. Not sure it will get my family there, but it was really good for an adult with an adventurous palate.

Citricos. This was DH and I's "date night". It was fine for fine dining. But nothing special or memorable like we were expecting. Again it was something we chose because we had never been there before, but next time we'll be back at California Grill or Tiffins. I had a scallop dish. DH liked his beef dish a bit more than I did mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!