Just Back 2/10-2/14

rah729

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a Universal-only trip and thought I'd give a few thoughts:

TMs continue to be fantastic.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, the place was far busier than I anticipated for February due to a combination of a cheerleading competition and South American groups. The good news was that they were easily avoided since they traveled in large groups, but it still led to some really inflated wait times for slow-loading attractions (Kong in particular). This didn't dampen the enjoyment, just led to a little less structure in terms of planning.

Don't depend on single rider lines to shorten the long waits - the only ones that were consistently open for the length of time I was there were FJ and Transformers; Spider-Man's was never open, and Gringotts was closed about 3/4 of the time. Ended up buying Express for a day to maximize my time and make sure I got all the rides in.

No one accurately prepared me for those Toothsome milkshakes...so big and SO delicious! I highly recommend the brownie one, though I'd definitely get it to share with someone else.

All in all, I had a wonderful time and can't wait to get back later this year!

Thanks for sharing!

Been reading the parks are staying busy

Hope your next visit to the darkside is just as great as this one was

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time......

Yes, we have found the TM to be fabulous.....nothing is too much trouble for them.......

Yes, single rider line can sometimes be closed, so you`re correct to recommend not relying on them. It can be a hit or a miss at times.

But, thanks for the review....and look forward to hearing how much you enjoy your next trip!! Universal Orlando is a fantastic place to visit......

Hi Glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing. Love to hear more people have a great vacation at Universal!

We were there Feb 9/10. We managed to do every ride in both parks without EPs, a few of them more than once. I hadn't been there since its opening in 1990, so a lot had changed! It was refreshing not having to follow an itinerary like WDW. We did do both HP parks one morning just to get out of there before the masses came.

Thanks for sharing!

Been reading the parks are staying busy

Hope your next visit to the darkside is just as great as this one was
Is it true that lately the Universal parks are busier than the Disney parks?

From all of the reports it sure seems like it!

Is it true that lately the Universal parks are busier than the Disney parks?

From all of the reports it sure seems like it!

Doubtful. Disney is busier than I've ever seen it in January/February this year. Only six days below a "6" crowd level all year this year so far (Five "5's" and one "4").

Universal has had 29 days below a "6" crowd level so far this year (Ten "5's", Thirteen "4's", and six "3's").

*Stats per touringplans.com

Was there Feb 10-12. Feb 10th and 11th weren't bad at all. No crowd issues whatsoever.

Feb 12th was a nightmare. We were there on Christmas Eve and this was worse crowd-wise.

I agree, Feb 12th (Mon) was the busiest day of my entire trip. The following week, President's Day Mon, was much less busy. I was quite surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter