Just Back 9/10 - 9/16 First trip with a baby!

The13thLetter

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have been to Disney almost every year since we have been together (we missed the first year) so this was our 4th trip. But this time we had our 4 month old with us and it was obviously a much different trip :)

Newbie here so I wont ramble too long, just give a few things from the trip.

-The weather was brutalllllly hot, which made our time at the parks less than normal (plus you know, having a baby haha) however it maybe rained for an hour or 2 tops the entire week so I cannot complain. Plus the baby centers were a godsend for getting out of the heat and giving us all a break. The parks during the week did not feel over crowded really at all so that helped as well.

-First time staying at Port Orleans (*edit - French Quarter) and we definitely were not disappointed. Short bus rides to all parks, and a nice quick boat ride to disney springs. Food at the hotel was awesome. Overall just a great resort.

-Toy Story Land is amazing to walk through, and the food at woody's lunchbox was A+ (used mobile ordering and our favs were the grilled cheese, raspberry tart, and adult lemonade). We had Fast Passes for slinky dog at 645pm but this was our first night there and by that time our little one was spent (lesson learned) so unfortunately we did not get to ride it.

-Epcot Food and Wine was awesome, we went 3 times in the 6 days. This is always our favorite thing. Did breakfast at Garden Grill for the first time, and the little guy was pretty interested with the characters as they came by (mostly trying to figure out what the heck they were I would assume but we definitely got some great pics of him holding their hands or noses). We did wait an hour for the bus back to the hotel one afternoon, which was a bummer, but that was really our only bus issue as the disney experience app really helped when leaving the resort (now if they only could add those times for when you are leaving the parks).

-Magic Kingdom was great as always, and the little guy was able to go on a bunch of rides with us, even caught his name on the screen at the end of It's a Small World.

-Animal Kingdom was fun, but we stayed at this park the least. Had fast passes for Flight of Passage, but again, I made them for late in the evening before realizing our little guy was not going to really be "in the mood" to be out that late, but luckily i was able to switch it to Navi River Journey, which he could go on and loved. Had lunch at Yak and Yeti, rode Expedition Everest, then headed back to the resort.

-This was also the first trip we park hopped. We normally just get single park tickets but since we went this past week and are going again in August, I bought us annual passes and I can tell you that I don't know if I will ever not park hop. It just gives you so many more options especially if one park seems a bit busy or if you little one needs a change of scenery. This made for a much more enjoyable and relaxing experience since we didn't feel like we had to see EVERYTHING in the park the one day we were going.

Overall it was an amazing trip, even though we did not get to do our "normal" stuff (fireworks, staying until the park closes, etc.) but I am excited for these trips to continue to change as the little guy grows up (and maybe gets a brother or sister). I was sad as I packed us up to leave, as usual, but knowing next year is already booked always helps!

Anyway, I'm talking too much. Just wanted to share.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing! Its always nice to read about the experiences of others.

You are not talking too much btw, I have seen some much longer posts than this.

Say what you want to say and do it with respect and kindness and you won't have any issues!

Keep sharing! :goodvibes

Awesome trip report. It is so fun with little ones. I could never understand why people said not to bring babies because the won’t remember. They always enjoyed the sights and sounds while there and were normally happier than usual. It is fun seeing them in all their stages at the park, I am glad you had a great trip!

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us... It put a big smile on my face just reading it! :D
~NM

I enjoyed your trip report. Did you stay at Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside? French Quarter is my favorite resort. We are looking forward to trying Woody's Lunch Box on our next trip. I really want to try that Raspberry Tart. Glad you had a good time.

Awesome trip report. It is so fun with little ones. I could never understand why people said not to bring babies because the won’t remember. They always enjoyed the sights and sounds while there and were normally happier than usual. It is fun seeing them in all their stages at the park, I am glad you had a great trip!

Yeah he was amazed by all the lights and colors and sounds everywhere. And now that we are back home he just seems to be interacting with his things at home much much more. Definitely not a waste just because they wont "remember it". Things can sometimes be enjoyed in the moment, not need to be preserved forever in our minds.

I enjoyed your trip report. Did you stay at Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside? French Quarter is my favorite resort. We are looking forward to trying Woody's Lunch Box on our next trip. I really want to try that Raspberry Tart. Glad you had a good time.

Oops :) We stayed at French Quarter, amazing. Definitely going to be circling back to that one in the future. We actually tried both of the tarts but the hazelnut one was a bit too much for us, the raspberry was perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts