Just back 9/15-9/18. Had a blast @F&W!

BigAlsGal

DIS Veteran
What a great trip!

Hits
1)Had my first Moscow Mule at Mama Melrose. Wow! What have I been missing? Delicious! Also please try the Saltimbocca if you go. It is the cat's meow!

2)Had a pixie dust explosion. As we entered HS a girl ran up to us and gave us her Fantasmic dining tickets! Woot woot! Thank you whoever you are!

3)I enjoyed the TSMM comeback of all time beating my DH by 20k points after steadily losing the first few rounds by 10k each time! Pew pew!

4)F&W was awesome as usual. The winners for me this year were the seared scallop from wine and dine and seared venison loin from New Zealand. The scallop I could have eaten 20 of. The venison was fresh off the grill and so tender and flavorful.

5)Frozen ride was gorgeous! I really loved it from the queue to the animatronics. Really beautifully done. I don't get the ride photo spot. Its in a pretty uneventful place. I had my eyes closed. Pfft. Ha!

6) Skippers Canteen is delicious! I had just appetizers because I wanted to try so many. The soup, the noodles, and the SEA shu Mai. All very very good! Will definitely be back.

7) Got my Duffy signed all over the WS! I didn't know you could do this but I did it this time. So fun!

8). Did the Remys hide and squeak and finished without cheating! Ha! The only one we couldn't find was Italy. Man where was he?

Misses:

1)New Soarin is bleh. We came out shaking our heads. It started out OK then the pictures went all wonky looking. Bad CGI job. Somebody should have been fired. It is no longer a must do for us and that makes me sad.

2)The Food and Wine meal tickets. First of all I knew you would have to buy dishes and drinks that are over like $7. I figured between DH and I we would fly through 8 of them. Man it was TOUGH! So few things are over the $7 mark. Luckily we made it work and got our money's worth but we were sweating at the finish line. Part of why is in number 3.

3) Ok so we didn't know this but if there's thunder within like 10 miles they shut ALL the F&W booths down. I'm sure it has something to do with safety but this was a huge bummer. For about an hour and 1/2 during prime eating hours there was no food to be had. I started to panic that we might not use our tickets. Just a heads up to anyone planning on going.

4) The pins you get with the F&W meal tickets had to be mailed to us because they didn't have them yet. Doh!

We had a really fun time. It was just a quick 3 day trip but we got so much done and ATE so much too! PoR was lovely as ever. The weather cooperated (somewhat) and had no encounters with grumpy guests or CMs. Honestly probably one of the best trips ever. Any questions let a rip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter