Just Back From 7 Great Days At Hilton Head

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
Hi!

We just returned last night from a wonderful vacation at HH!!! It was our first real trip home....the only other time was a quick stop at HH on the way home from WDW!

It didn't take us (DH, DS ages11 and 12, and myself) long to get used to that carefree beach life! We did tons of activities that the resort offered. The CM's were great with the kids....especially Eric the naturalist, B. Lou Crabbe, and Scott, the captain of the Dolphin Cruise.

"Some" of the things we did were.....

Dolphin Cruise
Behind the Ears tour
Secrets of the Marsh
Pinckney Island Gator and Birding Adventure
Shadow's Tales
Magic in the Den
Rented Bikes
All-American Cookout and fireworks
Swim in the pool, the beach, the pool, the beach..... :)
Caught Crabs and cooked them
Hung out in the Hammocks
and many more!

We had coffee one morning in the Grand Villa.....now I see why Rich likes his Grand Villas!!!!

Before we arrived at HH, I was a bit nervous that we may get restless and thought we could take a trip to Savannah..well.....that never happened!!!! (never got restless or went to Savannah)

Anyway, it was a great trip. We were in a one bedroom in the lodge overlooking the water. What a sight to wake up to each morning.

If you have any questions about the activities we did, pleas ask or e-mail me!!

We can't wait to go home again!
Karen

Glad you had a great time! We've taken 4 trips to HH since 1998, and are looking forward to the next trip at the end of March. We've never bothered with Savannah or other places, either - there's too much fun to have right at the resort.

Hi Karen,

We just missed you. We arrived at Disney's Hilton Head Resort on Sunday June 17. Just got home today.

Dumbo

We are thinking of taking our 2 and 5 years daughters. Do they have enough fo them to day. They would spend all day in the pool.

Thanks

Thanks for the great report Karen, it isn't often that I see a report from a stay at HH!! I am looking forward to staying there some day soon!!!!!

mgoble...

I think the resort is very "kid friendly". Actually, there seemed to be many planned activities going on for the preschoolers/young children. There was a Discovery Club where the chidren were dropped off and different activities were planned, and Unbirthday Party, t-shirt making, butterfly houses constructed, etc. Some things were stated 5 and up though.

We were asked by a CM "If we could change anything at HH, what would it be?" and our only change would be a few more activities geared for preteens/teens. (don't get me wrong...our kids really enjoyed it and stayed very busy!!)

Even though HH is "kid friendly", I think it could be very romantic at the same time!!!

Karen

KarenB,
How far is it to the beach for swimming? What kind of beach is it? Mild waves or crashing. My daughter loves Vero Beach, but wants to swim in the Ocean all the time. Are there any eating places close or should you bring your own groceries and plan on cooking? Thanks in advance!:smooth:

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.
I was wondering how you got there...fly/drive?
Also-how was the weather?

Hi!

The beach is approx 1.5 miles from the resort. We were originally going to rent bikes and ride the bike trail to the beach every day mainly because it is a pretty ride and my DH was concerned about parking. But we ended up driving every time, except one evening. OUr kids bought boogie boards and many times we packed lunch or a snack, or it was spur of the moment we we just ended up there!!! :D We never had trouble finding a parking spot.

The waves were very mild. Even though we were there in the middle of Allison (Tropical storm or depression??) the waves were not big. But our boys still had a BLAST on their boogie boards!! The sand was great for sandcastles and at low tide starfish and hermet crabs are easy to come by!

There is a snack bar at both the main pool and the beach house. There are places of all kinds to eat everywhere. We bought AND brought groceries. We ate breakfast in the room, many times packed a lunch and ate it where ever we ended up at, and usually went out for dinner. Once we had pizza delivered and took it to the pool and another evening we feasted on blue crab the kids caught at the pier!!! Yum!!

:D :D :D

We drove..it was exactly 12 hours. We stopped just in Santee, SC on the way down on Saturday. Sunday, we had breakfast, stopped in Charleston, and checked in around 1pm. (couldn't get the room till 4 but hung out at the pool and checked out the week's activity schedule)

We were there when Allison was fizzeling (sp) out so the first 2 days were kind of cloudy. The rest of the week was hot with afternoon thunderstorms. But we were glad for the storms and clouds or I think we would have fried and become exahausted from the heat and sun!

Hope this helps!
Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter