Just back from BCV!

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We arrived home this evening from a 6 night stay at BCV. It was our first trip there and we loved it. We were in room 268 (a dedicated 2 BR with 1 bed/1sofa bed in the 2nd BR). Our room was in good shape and available upon checking in around noon on Sunday. That was great! Check in was fine - no problems, picked up our tickets from the concierge desk - (had ordered them online prior to the trip). Our room looked out over the quiet pool and canal and we had a balcony that spanned the entire villa. I really loved that! We thought about doing valet parking, but after getting to our room and seeing how close we were to a parking lot - we parked ourselves and had quick access to our van. I didn't inspect everything in the room, but did notice we were missing a vacuum and a clothes basket. I called housekeeping and both were brought up within 15 minutes. At bedtime, I thought we were missing pillows for the sofa bed and a blanket and decided to just call the next morning since we had enough pillows to go around. Then, much to my surprise, when I was folding up the sofa bed the next day - I found the pillows and blanket. What a cool bed. DD14 slept on it the entire trip and said it was plenty comfortable for her. Another surprise a day or two later - I found the laundry basket that I thought I was missing. It was in the master bath under the sink. The only other issue we had with the room was the outlet next to the master bed that the clock and bedside lamp were plugged into quit working one night. I called engineering the next day before heading out to the parks and it was repaired when we got home. The family loved SAB - in fact we wished we didn't have park tickets and had just camped out there all week. I hope we'll be able to trade into BCV again - it was a great place to stay!

Excellent report... Glad you had such a wonderful stay. So... next time... will you forgoe the park tickets or go for a shorter number of park days?

We find it necessary to visit the parks only once every 2 to 3 years. We find it completely satisfying to just stay in our resort.

DH and I talked about not doing the parks at all, and really don't think we'd do that. We're thinking maybe 3 days in the parks and four days enjoying the resort. We did early entry/EMH every morning except for two and I really like getting so much done by noon, but I really REALLY hate getting up so early! I think it will be a big adjustment not going to the parks everyday, but I think it'll be a nice change.

One other thing I meant to mention in my original post - they were painting quite a bit around the villas while we were there. I think one day we had to avoid the walkway from the villas to the Marketplace while they were painting, but a very minor inconvenience for us!

Oh, and one more thing. The information I've learned here by reading the boards proves invaluable with each and every trip. I remembered reading about taking the walkway behind the villas to Epcot. DH was quite skeptical when I took off walking (and I was really hoping I wasn't going to hear a big "I told you so"), but he patiently followed me and in no time, we were at the International Gateway. That was really a time and step saver over walking to the boat or through the BC lobby. See, spending all this time on these boards really does pay off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter