Just back from BWV (long)

jennybobenny

banana fanna fo fenny
Had a wonderful time! We stayed in a standard view 1-bedroom (room 1109). It was on the ground floor and looked out on the front of the Boardwalk, closer to the bridge than to the actual front entrance. Without making this a trip report, let me see if I can list a few relevant points:

~Check-in was a breeze. We arrived around 3:30pm and were on our way to the room by 3:35pm. I honestly can't remember if we got a 'welcome home' but the very nice CM did wish us a 'Happy Anniversary'. We did have to ask for the list of DVC discounts and the folder with brochures/park info, but I think rather than it being an oversight on the CM's part, she probably thought since this wasn't our first visit that we wouldn't need or want the added paperwork.

~Our room was great - and I went over it with a fine tooth comb. ;) Everything was clean and well-stocked. No funny smells, mold or bugs. About the only thing I could find that was 'off' was that most of the spoons were sugar spoons rather than teaspoons. There was also a tear in the carpet in front of the door to the studio next door. Dh said it looked as though someone had moved the big heavy tv armoire in front of the door and as they were dragging/pushing, it snagged the carpet and made the tear.

~The room was a fair distance from the elevators but since we were at ground level we found ourselves using the other doors to come and go. It was actually easier to get to the bus stop by going out the door at the far end of the hallway, rather than going back toward the elevator and thru the lobby area.

~We didn't have any trouble at all with the busses. The longest we waited was about 20 minutes for a bus to Animal Kindgom in the middle of the afternoon. We also took the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus from AK (had PS at Boma) and then took a bus to the MK from AKL. No problems. There are several new busses in the fleet. They seem longer, with fewer seats in the front (more standing room) but more seating in the back (which is a step or 2 higher than the rest of the bus). The wheelchair access looks to be alot quicker as the bus driver only needs to lower a ramp rather than mechanically lift the chair onto the bus. I still don't understand why 5 resorts need to share the MK bus (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club & Boardwalk). It makes for a lonnnng ride back to the BW, but we smartened up and next time got off at the Swan and walked over.

~Construction at the Boardwalk was underway on the front entrance and in the back on the veranda/patio. The entrance 'tower' was completely surrounded by scaffolding but we never heard any of the construction. The gazebo across from the ESPN Club was also completely fenced in although I couldn't tell what exactly they were doing.

~There were 2 very big cranes over at the Beach Club Villa Construction site. We could see the framing of the resort thru the trees and bushes near the walkway to Epcot.

~Spent some time at the Quiet Pool, and it was definately peaceful. A few times we were alone there, but when we weren't there was never more than a half dozen people either swimming or sunbathing.

~I was very surprised (and happy) to see that Luna Park was entirely surrounded by white fencing. There were 2 access areas (next to Leaping Horse Libations and behind the Keister Coaster) where CMs asked to see everyone's resort id. There were even signs posted around the perimeter stating that only resort guests would be allowed into the pool area. We had to show our ids even though it was obvious we were only going in to take a few pictures (we didn't even have our bathing suits on). The CM also had to stamp our hand with a bright red LUNA PARK stamp. I took a few pictures of the fencing and the signs - I'll post them later in the week after they're developed.

~As we were walking along the Boardwalk we came across a couple looking for something thru the slats of wood. Turns out the husband had dropped his platinum wedding band and it fell thru the boardwalk onto the sand below. We stopped to help them look for a while, as did a few other passersby, but with no luck. When we left there were 2 CMs there, one with rolls of 2 sided sticky tape and the other with a long narrow pole. Apparently they weren't successful because the next morning the entire area was marked off with cones and 2 CMs were pulling up the boards! They did finally find the ring :D - after the 8th board! I took a few pictures of the CMs replacing the boards and then later as they were painting them.

~On our first and second nights we found very nice cards and cute little gifts in our room, wishing us a happy 10th anniversary. :D

~And last, but not least, we didn't have any unexplained phone calls on the morning we were checking out. I made sure to keep the inside latch locked too, in case housekeeping opened the door to check on us (this happened several times last November), but they never did. :D

Sorry this was so long. We had a great time - not one complaint about the resort or CMs. Dh commented several times that buying into DVC/BWV was one of the best decisions we've ever made. I almost reminded him it was all *my* idea but I figured since it was our anniversary I'd let him take half the credit. ;) ;)

We had this room also (along with the ajoining studio, 1111) on our trip in January and I really enjoyed the location for the same reasons you mentioned. I also noticed that about the sugar spoons instead of teaspoons! Did you happen to watch Illuminations from your patio? Room 1109 is a GREAT location for that!

Lisa

Sounds like a great trip....its getting really hard to wait until January after hearing all these great reports!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip and Happy Anniversary!! Did you book your next trip yet?

We were just there 6/6-6/15, and the Luna Park pool fencing/ID checking wasn't in effect then. We also went pool-hopping over to SAB one morning and didn't have to show IDs there either (although we were there before 10 a.m., and the place was pretty much deserted except for the Life Guards. I wonder if this is seasonal or here to stay. Sounds good to me in any case!

Glad you had a nice trip!

Buzz....Since we spent most of our time at the quiet pool I can't say for sure the fencing was up for our entire trip. On our last day (Friday the 29th) we had some extra time so we decided to walk around and take a few pictures. The i.d. checking was going full force then, and the makeshift fence was surrounding the entire pool area. It could only be for the 4th of July holiday week, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Rbuzz....Yes! The whole family (kids + parents + grandparents) is going for Thanksgiving in November. We'll be staying in 3 rooms at All Star Movies for 3 days and then moving to a 2 bedroom and a studio at BWV for 7 days. Gotta start planning! ;)

Happy Anniversary Jenny! Thanks for the wonderful report. It's nice to hear good things about DVC!

Thanks Jenny for posting your report. It sounds like you had a great trip!

Happy Anniversary!

Jenny, did you notice a lot of birds, ecspecially the aggressive ones, on the boardwalk area? Last Aug we didn't really see that many, but in Dec my sister said there were a lot. Maybe they are more of a winter problem. Just wondering because we are taking my sister this Sept and none of us like the birds trying to steel food right out of your hand.

Shelly

Lisa....(sorry, missed your question the first time)....We were never in our room during Illuminations so I had no idea we could see the fireworks. Our last night we watched Illum. from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk rather than go into World Showcase and have to deal with the crowds - and to think we could have just sat on our patio! ;) ;)

Shelly....I don't think I saw a single bird on the Boardwalk. I'm sure I did, just not enough of them to make an impact. Last year I leaned on the railing and got bird poop all over my sleeves so I was much more careful this time. Fortunately I really didn't have to worry as from what I could tell the railings were alot cleaner. Not sure if that means less birds or better cleaning. Or like you said, maybe it's a winter thing. Have a great time in September! :D :D

Jenny we were there 6/20-27 in 3121, probably 6 rooms and 2 floors up from you! We had a bridge view too, around our massive tree!
They weren't checking anyone going into Luna Park when we were there either--and we walked right into SAB across the lake without being stopped!
Our 1BR was very nice as well. No bugs, but DDs did keep seeing little lizards around the bus stop area! The construction didn't bother us, but any skyline view from world showcase for a while will include those cranes working on BCV!
I loved it. Trying to decide, if we do land/cruise next year, to stay at BWV again or VWL, to check out our add-on! Which ever we don't stay at we'll see in 2003!
Robin M.
going crazy with those points!

Jennybobenny - we were there the same time as you! Room 2097 (studio). This was our first stay and our only complaint (which we didn't even realize until the middle of the week) was we were in a smoking room and had requested non-smoking. Guess we were so excited we weren't even breathing!!! Sorry we missed you.
We were not asked for ID at Luna Park, and at SAB once we walked right in, and once had to show ID and received a hand stamp. We thought it had to do with the time of day.

Happy 10th anniversary!!! Just out of curiousity, were the cards and little gifts from your DVC rep, the Boardwalk or friends? did you mention that it was your anniversary when you booked your reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter