Just back from BWV

Tamar

DIS Veteran
Another great trip under the belt....this one was to celebrate DH's 50th birthday. There were too many highlights to mention in one thread, but here are a few:

The Chef's Table at V&A...it was worth getting up at 6am on November 26 to secure this table (180 days out). DH is usually very understated but after this meal he said it was "the most special birthday he's ever had".

Having a semi-Boardwalk view....room 3055, with the biggest balcony I've ever seen in a studio. I just said (at check in) that we'd prefer not to overlook a pool....thought we'd get one of those rooms facing the Swan, and that would've been fine, but this was really fun.

Going to the 2nd Fantasmic on the Monday of Memorial Day weekend...where was everyone (the parks were packed, by the way, the whole time we were there)??? We sat dead center, about 6 rows from the top, and there was no one directly in front of us or directly behind us. We are not big on sitting and waiting for shows, so we've always been way far on the side the many other times we've seen it.

Eating...and eating...and eating, and not being overly inconvenienced by all the DDP masses. We has a res for 6 at the Cali Grill for Friday night (DH's parents, neice and nephew joined us just for the weekend), V&A on Saturday, a last minute table for 6 res at Boma on Sunday (again...where was everyone??), Sci Fi on Monday, Beaches and Cream and Spoodles on Tuesday.

There's m, but let's just say it was orea magical week!!

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time! How was your room quality? Did it look like it needed refurbished soon? Thanks!

I thought the room was in fine shape...it didn't look freshly refurbished, but not worn either.

One more magical moment....I always try to take the stairs at BWV (hardly ever run into anyone), and one day, on my way down to the Screen Door, I came across two wine glasses, just sitting on a step about 1/2 way between the 2nd/3rd floors. They were the nice etched ones that are for sale in many of the shops. Not used, no price sticker on them, not a soul up or down the stairway.

I have no idea what the backstory is, but after standing there for about a minute, when no one appeared to claim them, I figured they were meant to be found by me.

And the funniest quote I overheard on the trip...getting off of RNR a father asked his son "do you still have to go to the bathroom?" I hope the answer was "yes" (I didn't hear the answer).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter