Just Back from CBR - Any ?'s

4bings

Earning My Ears
Hi, We just got back yesterday from our 7 day stay at CBR. We really enjoyed it and will definitely go back to this resort.
We were in the Jamaica Village, bldg 45, room 4534. This was the perfect spot. Just a short walk across Parrot Cay Island to the mail pool and food court. We had a courtyard view. One thing is they need better drainage in some spots. It rained alot while we were there and some of the sidewalks were pretty deep. We saw alot of people just take their shoes and socks off to walk thru. They had not started the mug change when we were there. The food court was ok for quick meals, but alot of fried food. My girls were actually getting tired of eating french fries at every meal. Any questions let me know and I will be happy to answer as best I can.:cool:

We are going down in less than a month and I have requested Jamaica 45. How were the buses at this location? I have heard that this is the starting point. About how long to walk to OPR?

Thanks,
Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Welcome back! I read about the rain! Isn't CBR just the best! We loved it too! We stayed April 2001 in Aruba, picked it because it was the newest refurb, I hear they are all refurbed now! YIPPY! My first pick would be Jamaica and close to the playground! YOU ARE MAKING ME MISS CBR! S

What is the first bus stop and the last? We stayed there in 1996 and the buses traveled clockwise from Barbados ending at Aruba I think.

We are going there again in October. How was your room?
Was upkeep ok?

:)

...interested in the bus rotation also. BTW - Ratpack, don't forget to waer your lime green ribbon ~ I hope we get a chance to run into each other !!!!

Countdown to WDW:
29 days - 13 hours - 4 minutes - Yippee skippee!!!:wave:

Ok here goes:
Ratpack - The buses started at Jamaica on pick-up and drop off.
It went, Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, and then South. The location was great and only about a 3-4 min. walk across the bridge to the main pool and food court.
Palenque - The Bus route is above. The Mousekeepers were great. I got everything I requested. They left towel animals a couple of times. My girls had brought beanie baby animals to play with and books to read. The maid on a few days had them all arranged on the bed, reading books or playing hand held computer games. It was a really neat touch and the girls loved it.
The room was always nice and neat at the end of the day.
Hope I answered everything.
Kimmar067 - The bus info is above.
Our room was right next to the corner room where my mom and dad stayed and the had a connecting door which was what we had requested.
I faxed over my room request 3 days before and then called the day before to be sure the fax had been received.
Cindy

Originally posted by kimmar067
...interested in the bus rotation also. BTW - Ratpack, don't forget to waer your lime green ribbon ~ I hope we get a chance to run into each other !!!!

Countdown to WDW:
29 days - 13 hours - 4 minutes - Yippee skippee!!!:wave:

kimmar067,
DW has gone out to buy the lime green ribbon this week. I too hope we have the chance to meet. I love meeting new people on vacations. we have found some very nice new friends from all over the country. Also, did I remember from another post that you are (were) a teacher? Dw is 4th grade.

4bings - Thanks for the info on the buses. I have since changed my request to Jamaica since we will have a stroller, this may make it a little more bearable.

ratpack, I think you will really enjoy the Jamaica Village, they have a nice playground also. One thing to remember, since the Jamaica Village is the first stop there may be alot of people on the bus when you first get on coming back from the parks. It will empty out as they go around the resort. We never had to stand. Make sure you don't go to the Magic Kingdom on a Monday, we made that mistake. It was so crowded and when we got a fast pass for a ride it was like a 3 hr wait. Hope you have lots of fun, I can't wait to go again.

I've been reading about faxing ressies 3 days or so before leaving... I'm going through a travel agent... should I get on their butts about making sure they've faxed my request for a non smoking room, etc. AND bring a copy with me.... or should I do it myself.. I feel that's what I'm paying the agent for... but when I asked about non-smoking rooms, she told me she thought they all were non-smoking and would call me back-- that was 3 weeks ago... I found out from this board that they all AREN'T non smoking rooms.
Has anyone been there at Thanksgiving? I'm getting excited, even though it's still 5 months away!!!
thanks everyone.

Hi Jeanny, I also went thru a travel agent and didn't want to leave it up to her to fax anything so I just did it myself. I waited until 3 days before so they would have me in their computer. I'm not sure about how many rooms are non smoking I do know my room in Jamaica #4534 was non smoking. Make sure on your fax that you state this. If you have any other questions let me know.

No questions, just wanted to say Welcome back and glad you had a great time!! :)

...to fax my requests to CBR a day or two before I get there. Does anyone have the fax #???

Countdown to WDW:
27 days - 20 hours - 3 minutes - Yippee!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

thanks 4bings, I appreciate the help..... and know that I am not alone when it comes to all my questions. This is a great board... I'm SO glad I found it.
Thanks,:earsgirl:

Hi Kimmar067, Here's the number I sent my fax to:
407/934-3288 make sure you send it to the attn of "room assigner". Good luck and have lots of fun.

We too just returned from 10 days in CBR. We were in Jamaica 4538. That entire bldg. is non-smoking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter