Just back from Labor Day trip to MK and Epcot! wonderful trip

babslittleones

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I just reread my original post and I figured I better try and correct some of it. I typed it out last night about 15 minutes after we arrived back home. I guess I was more tired than I thought because my typing was horrible. Here is a much better version of our wonderful quick trip.

My family (me, DH, DD 6, and DS 4) just got back about half an hour ago from a quick trip to DisneyWorld over Labor day weekend. It was a wonderful trip. We arrived very early Saturday morning and left very late Tuesday night. The weather was great . It was in high eighties. The only rain the whole time was a small sprinkle while at Epcot on Saturday but it only lasted a few minutes. It did seem to get alot hotter on Tuesday but we weren't doing any parks since it was our day to fly home.

We went to Epcot on Sunday. We arrived around 9:30 and it was already starting to get busy. We first went over to Mission Space and got fast passes which were already for an hour later. While waiting on our fast passes, we went and got a quick bite to eat. Mission space was an experience. It is an intense ride but really cool. I would do it again. We rode Journy into Imagination which is much better with Figment. We did our first family ride on Test Track. The Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill was really yummy and the characters were good. We went to Living Seas to see the Manatees. That was particularly interesting. There were three of them in the tank and they were all three in a very frisky mood. It must have been mating time so it made for some interesting Manatee watching. By afternoon, Epcot was very very busy. We finally made it back to the countries and had a few tasty snacks and watched Illumations. I would say Epcot is a very good choice for a busy park day due to all the extra walking areas and seating areas. Even though the park was busy, it was still manageable.

Labor day, (Monday) ended up being our best day of the whole trip. They did have all the fast pass machines shut down but they were not needed. We walked right up to every ride we went on. We had a priority seating at Crystal Palace at 8am so we got to be the very first ones in the park. There were maybe 30 or 40 of entering the park at that time. It was so neat walking down Main Street almost by yourself. After a wonderful breakfast and character time, we hit the park around 9:30. The park was still virtually empty at this time. We rode Dumbo, IASW, Peter Pan, went in Ariel's Grotto, the Carrosel, and Pooh all within 45 minutes and that included little stops in the shops. We then went to toon town around 10:30. We rode Goofy's coaster twice and then went to Minnies house. There was no waiting to see MIckey, Minnie, Cinderella, and all the extras in the tents so we were done with Toon Town within 45 minutes or so. Off we went to Buzz which we walked right on and also did TTC. We had no trouble finding a table at the Cosmic Ray's food court and it was 12:30 which was wonderful. We then rode Splast with no wait. We finished our day with POC, Alladin's carpets, and the Jungle Cruise. I had my first Dole Whip (yummy) and my husband the hugest cinimon roll. Our last stop was at the camera center building to pick up all our pictures we had taken of us. I couldn't believe all the picture spots they had at the back of the building. We bought quite a few of the pictures and then we headed out. I still can't believe how much we did that day. It was wonderful.

Even though the trip was short, we sure had a wonderful time. Labor Day ended up being the best day. Magic Kingdom ended up working out perfect since it was the day after Early Entry and enveryone was traveling that day due to the holiday.

All in all, it was a wonderful day.
Thanks
Beth

A friend of mine and his wife went Fri. and Sat. and said it was very busy those days!:rolleyes: He left Sunday, and said he wish he could have stayed, as Monday was NOT going to be very busy as everyone goes home than.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter