Just back from MOWC

luvgoofy

Earning My Ears
Just returned from the MOWC. 10/19 - 10/22. Before moving to the Dolphin 10/22 - 10/28.

The hotel is very beautiful. Got a great rate thru priceline $65.00 per night. We stayed in the North Tower on the 10th floor had a great view of downtown disney! All my requests that I had faxed over were fulfilled. The only complaint i had was the parking but other then that I would highly recommend this hotel. If you have any questions I would be happy to try to answer them for you.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I, too, enjoyed my stay at the MOWC. Class act hotel! So much I wrote the hotel and had a member of their marketing group lurking here on the DIS for a while! :D

I loved the Dolphin. I stay there twice a year. You can't beat the location. We had a great room with a view of epcot and a view of the Swan. We had two windows plus a balcony. We were on the 8th floor in the east wing. If you like steak i highly recommend Shulas Steak House. We ate there twice.

Did your North Tower room look out over all of Disney World, or just Downtown? We're wondering about New Year's Eve in case we can't survive 17 hours in Epcot. I know Magic Kingdom is pretty far away, but could you see it? Would any particular location in the North Tower be better than the other? Did half the rooms face the other direction? Thanks!!!!

Request the North Tower, WDW View for the best fireworks. You can see fireworks from all the parks. However, you are on the other side of I-4, so it's a ways away. BTW, it's possible that you will be able to re-enter the same park later on in the day, even if you are staying off-site. If you're willing to go home and watch the fireworks it might be worth it to try to get back into the park if you leave for a nap.

We will be staying at MOWC for 1 night in November and I am wondering if anyone has used their shuttle for the Parks.

The shuttles leave at certain times and there is a charge. IIt was around 10.00 R/T daily. it was inconvient and expensive. We had a car but my son and his girlfriend used the shuttle alot while at MOWC (lot's of complaining there). I vote for a car!

Muffy

I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm unsure about abbreviations. MOWC - Marriott Orlando World Center? I also went on Priceline just before all the rates started to go down and booked at $89 a night. My husband has never stayed inside the park, but the rates (other than the Value resorts) were too high for our budget. I'm kicking myself now with all the great rates being posted. That aside, the MOWC looks great and everything I've read about it sound like we'll have a nice stay at a terrific resort. I was surprised about the resort fee they tack on. Any chance on getting that waved if you don't use those services? How was the food there?:cool:

We got the resort fee waivered but it took alot of talking on our part. Almost not worth it.
They will not however waiver the shuttle bus charge. That is a daily charge along with the daily resort fee. If you don't use the shuttle, of course, there is no charge. We tried the breakfest buffet and it was only fair. We also ate dinner in the same restaurant as the breakfest buffet and it was less than fair. There are alot of nice restaurants nearby if you have a car, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Cracker Barrel.

Thanks, Muffy. Were you able to use the shuttle to get to Downtown Disney? We're still undediced on getting a car or just using the transportation available from the resort. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter