Just back from OKW - loved our view!

las3888

DIS Veteran
For those OKW afficionados - we are just back from OKW. It was our 3rd stay there (not our home resort, but we love it - I think it is DH's favorite resort).

Anyways, we were in building 21 down Miller's Road. We had a nice golf course view (a first for us). We just have to say how much we love OKW and the humungous rooms and balconies.

We had a message in our room about how there were meetings on Tues and Thurs AM's about selling points to OKW. Must be that Disney has purchased quite a few back from resale??? Anyways, it's tempting.

Thanks for the information. DH always hopes for an outstanding golf course view, but we haven't gotten one (OK views, just not outstanding). Did you ask specifically for a golf course view? Also, I see that Building 21 is near where the buses turn around. Was there any bus noise?

To keep it in perspective, it was a GOOD golf course view, but may not outstanding, as far as golf goes. We could see the golfers as they mostly had their 2nd shot right by our unit. We could then see them hit again, but we couldn't always see where the ball went. At any rate, it was fun, but would have been funner if we could have seen ALL the action. We did not request a golf course view. We had zero requests. Our biggest hope was early check-in as DS needed a nap as we checked in early around noon. We we given the choice of several units and this is what we chose, by looking at the map. The busses turned around a building away from us, but I have to say while there was alot of street noise (including the main road beyond the resort), it was not heard in the unit. You definitely hear it as you go up the stairs and maybe a touch in the bathroom, but the living room and bedroom were very very quiet. No problems at all. If you are looking for a really great golf course view, I might try 15, at least driving by it, it seemed you could see alot of golf action. I was not disappointed here though, in case you are offered a choice. It was our favorite spot so far!

:goodvibes We were in building 21 as well last fall. We have stayed in Miller Rd area last 4 times. My DD are teens and love having the quiet pool to themselves most days. I'm hoping to try the back area maybe next time, (not sure of the building numbers) looks like it's beautiful as well!

We have never been down at that end and you make me want to try it! Really all of OKW is lovely. Last time we were in #38 and had a golf course out back. We had fun watching the golfers zip by on their little carts. We had more fun watching the ducks and birds who started to come by every morning for bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter