Just Back from OKW

maryisme

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Just back from a one week visit to OKW. We stayed in bldg. 62 in a ground floor studio. We really enjoyed the proximity to the main pool/hospitality house.

The room was in great condition. Upon arrival we noticed we did not have any dish towels or dish washing detergent. After a phone call those items were promptly brought to us.

As soon as we entered the property we were bombarded by "Welcome Home". It was great. Everyone was extremely friendly and went out of their way to please us. My DD (6 years old) was ecstatic at all the new "friends" she made---all CMs...lol. Her comment to me that first evening was "Boy Mom, Florida people are sure nice!" :).

I'm glad you had a wonderful stay. Hearing your great report, I really can't wait for our first DVC stay. Don't you wish we encountered "Disney CM types" in real life. Wouldn't the world be great!;)

Thanks for posting.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip "home". Can't wait to go back next month!!!!!!

:p Thanks for posting the good news. We were there in March and had good news too-going back in July and am glad to hear that everything was in great shape....

Can't wait until July 22!!!!!!!!!;)

Nice to hear you had a great time and were treated so well. How were the crowds and the weather? We will be going to OKW in January and really looking forward to it!:D

I glad you had a great time.

I just planned our second DVC trip in Aug at OKW. 2 month away!!!!

Our first was at our home resort(BWV). I'm excited about OKW. I am no longer concerned about room availability.

Welcome back to the boards!! At least you have us to come back to after a trip "home". Right?! :D It's great when you can go WDW and get away from the usualy headaches of life! I can't waitto go home again too.

a toaster and can opener already in your Studio when you checked in? Just trying to determine if they all come equipped with these now or if they put one in our Studio in April in error.

rweThereyet,

Yes we did have a toaster and can opener in the room. The coffee pot was the larger one (10-12 cup).

Msmouse,
The weather was hot hot hot. In the 90's daily with the typical evening thundershower. However, after the showers it really cooled down. No humidity most evenings. It was great.

I can't really tell you how crowded the parks were since we took advantage of early entry into Magic Kingdom and were out of there by 12:30. I can say that at approximately 11:45 we only waited 5 minutes for the jungle cruise. We left after that ride.

We also went to MGM that same evening during a rain shower and did not wait to get on any rides. We arrived at MGM at about 6pm.

Hope that helps. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter