Just Back from our "Adult" trip to DL

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
We got back yesterday from our 1 day trip. The park was busy, but without the kids we didn't mind. The castle looked amazing, so amazing my husband proposed to me again in front of it that night. We did the Fantasmic desert buffet seating on the Tom Sawyer side. It was nice but I am not sure if it was worth the price, the weather was a little chilly it would be nice if they had placed some heaters in the area, hot chocolate was not that great, the deserts were choc. cover strawberries, mickey head rice crispies, sugar cookies w/rasberry jam in the middle,and I think maybe a biscotti thing. Like I said not sure if I would pay that much to do it again....but you can't beat not having to sit on the cold pavement for an hour (second show).
I piece of advice, I made reservations for Blue Bayou a week ago, there were a ton of people coming up to the restaurant wanting to eat and having to be turned away. Get those PS"s ASAP.

Thanks for your input! Didn't they have any cakes or other interesting desserts? Sounds like a lot to pay for just cookies.

I was also disappointed when I read what was included in your dessert buffet. Were you on the balcony or the patio?

I've done both the riverside and the balcony. The desserts are more upscale in the balcony. You get cheesecake, black forrest cake, a cheese platter, a fruit platter, beneights, and a cookie assortment.

For me, the cost is not about the desserts, but they are nice. Its more about the convenience of not sitting for hours staking a claim on a spot, then having some huge group show up and join their 1 friend saving a place right in front of you. Its also cool, noticing the envious looks of everyone around you trying to figure out how you rank at getting the good seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter