Just Back from the BCV 05/20-26 Report

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
We arrived home last night after a wonderful stay at the BCV. This was our second trip there and I love it more and more.
Highlights
-room location. We were in Room 222 (a studio lockoff) easily the best location in the resort. Just 2 doors down from the main elevator and you were at the Marketplace in 2 min. Had a view of some of Illuminations and looked over the Eiffel tower in France. A short 5 min walk to Epcot.

-Mousekeeping. Our room seemed in pristine condition. I didn't give it the white glove treatment but we have a crawling 10month old so I would have known pretty quickly if anything was amiss. No maintenance issues whatsoever.

-Marketplace. We had a couple of good lunches with fresh sandwiches and salads. And the gelato is our new favourite treat! Delicious. Also the refillable mug more than paid for itself since we were so close for refills.

-SAB. As always we loved it. Not crowded at all. Most days we didn't arrive until 2 or 3 in the afternoon and never had a problem finding chairs in a great location. Even yesterday morning the Sat of a long weekend after checking out the pool was very quiet.

-Beaches and Cream and Hurricane Hanna's. I wish Hanna's was a little speedier but we took our lunch down to the beach which was a nice quiet spot away from the crowds.

-Location. Cannot be beat! Walking to Epcot and MGM with a baby in a stroller is invaluable. We walked most of the time but often took the boat home.

-In the interest of DISboards research I tested out the new sleeper sofa. It was really comfortable.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for the report! We'll be checking in for our very first visit to BCV a week from today and I'm really excited!

I Hope you guys have as great a time as we did. I absolutely love the BCV. THe laidback cottage feel is heavan to me.

Just curious what you thought of the new lobby? It's lost it's 'beachy' feel to me and now looks more rainforest-ish. I don't care for it at all.

Just curious what you thought of the new lobby? It's lost it's 'beachy' feel to me and now looks more rainforest-ish. I don't care for it at all.

I didn't realize it had changed and right away DH and I noticed the HUGE chairs and GIANT potted palms. Didn't really seem to fit in.

Glad you had a great trip! I love all of our trips to BCV.

I agree about the lobby. Those chairs look so weird to me. I think it looks more Oriental than beachy.

Donna

Happy to hear you had a nice stay and that mousekeeping has been hard at work. We check into BCV on June 20th for our first stay there and can't wait.

We arrived home last night after a wonderful stay at the BCV. This was our second trip there and I love it more and more.
Highlights
-room location. We were in Room 222 (a studio lockoff) easily the best location in the resort. Just 2 doors down from the main elevator and you were at the Marketplace in 2 min. Had a view of some of Illuminations and looked over the Eiffel tower in France. A short 5 min walk to Epcot.

I agree about the room location. I stayed in #422 last year, exactly two floors above you, and agreed that it was the best place of 5 different rooms I've had. And on the fourth floor, I was alsoa short hop from the laundry room, but being right around the corner from the elevators, I got little foot traffic, and therefore, pretty quiet. Here are a couple view pictures that I would think would be similar to yours.

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0341-1.jpg

I have one question. I always have to ask (hope). What flavors of gelato did they have? I'm wishing for my pistachio to return.

Oos, I just thought of another question. Was your balcony big, or at least average size? My balcony was TINY, which wasn't a problem for me since I was solo, but if there was a family, they'd be squished if there were more than two people out there.

We returned from our week at the BCV yesterday...no pistachio gelato, I'm sorry to tell you...they had raspberry, chocolate, toasted almond, lemon and a couple of others I don't recall. Tried the raspberry and didn't care for it.

We were in room 127 and I'll "fight you" for claims for the best room on site. We thought 127 was the best room we've ever had at Disney at any resort, ever! We had a patio rather than a balcony, just one door down from the path to the Marketplace...one door down from the lobby out to Marketplace or the front door/busses--also, right around the corner from the DVC pool, too...AND a view of the Epcot fireworks (altho Illuminations is soooooo much more than "mere" fireworks...we decided to stay at Epcot and watch the real thing one night and were so glad we did!)

LIkely, there is not a bad spot in the BCV...from the outside, all the locations looked great...but we sure loved where we were...

And if you ever want to branch out from gelato...try the apple-and-caramel pie (you can get it as a snack option--it qualifies by one penny, the CM who checked me out told me!)...talk about caloric heaven!!!!

I agree about the room location. I stayed in #422 last year, exactly two floors above you, and agreed that it was the best place of 5 different rooms I've had. And on the fourth floor, I was alsoa short hop from the laundry room, but being right around the corner from the elevators, I got little foot traffic, and therefore, pretty quiet. Here are a couple view pictures that I would think would be similar to yours.

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0341-1.jpg

I have one question. I always have to ask (hope). What flavors of gelato did they have? I'm wishing for my pistachio to return.

That was our view exactly. I didn't take any daytime pictures though. And no pistachio. We had the mango and rasberry which were both delicious.

Oos, I just thought of another question. Was your balcony big, or at least average size? My balcony was TINY, which wasn't a problem for me since I was solo, but if there was a family, they'd be squished if there were more than two people out there.
It seemed average sized. DH and I sat out there comfortably and you could have added another person or 2.

We were in room 127 and I'll "fight you" for claims for the best room on site. We thought 127 was the best room we've ever had at Disney at any resort, ever! We had a patio rather than a balcony, just one door down from the path to the Marketplace...one door down from the lobby out to Marketplace or the front door/busses--also, right around the corner from the DVC pool, too...AND a view of the Epcot fireworks (altho Illuminations is soooooo much more than "mere" fireworks...we decided to stay at Epcot and watch the real thing one night and were so glad we did!)

Let's call it a tie then on best location ;) We probably passed you several times last week.

Oh, reading your report makes me homesick. I'm glad you had such a great time.

We've really enjoyed almost all of our locations. This past trip we were on the first floor which I thought I would hate but loved it too! As much as people say BCV doesn't have good views, we've enjoyed them all.

I really disliked the lobby the first time I saw it in January but on our trip earlier this month, I found that I had come to love it. I agree there is a bit of Asian influence in it but I wonder if that wasn't a popular theme in the early 20th century in the NE resort areas? Anyway, it looks cool, fresh and relaxing to me now.

Great report, sounds perfect. I'm so looking forward to staying there! :) ONe question for you, did you request a certain view to get that? I'd like that sort of view but not sure what to request.

T
x

Great report, sounds perfect. I'm so looking forward to staying there! :) ONe question for you, did you request a certain view to get that? I'd like that sort of view but not sure what to request.

T
x
I just requested "close to main elevator" not a particular view.

Glad the resort lived up to your expectations! Makes me ready to return!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter